PDA

View Full Version : Poker Stars tourny question...how does this happen?

BCl
08-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Im up to over 70 tournys at PS and there is just 1 thing that bugs me that i cannot seem to ever get to see to know how it happens. im not claiming any underhanded action or anything im just hoping a few of you could tell me how it went down when you have seen it...
every tourny within 5 mins time there are several players at or above 10,000 chips...how???? ive never been at a table where 3-5 people went all-in on the first hand , ive never been at a table where 1 person won 3-4 consecutive all-ins on the 1st few hands..id love to hear some of the stories on how this happens. it happens many times every night undoubtably a few of you have seen it if not been in on such hands....your stories please???

ekky
08-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I played a rebuy with 6 people imediately rebuying before the first hand... and got QQ

4 people all in (including me).. flop Q/3/3.. voila.. up to a 12k stack on first hand. Voila!

In freezeouts its likely not *every time* as you allude to, but there is a lot of gamble in the first few hands.. and if there are 1400 people in a tourny.. it would be a bit unlikely if one of them wasn't up to 10k within 10 min.

Hal 2000
08-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Sometimes I make a note of the screen names of players who do the quick double and triple-ups, and I notice they very often tend not to place too high.

ZBTHorton
08-05-2005, 03:51 AM
You don't take very good notes then.

Most of the successful rebuy players play like complete maniacs for the first hour.

yvesaint
08-05-2005, 04:31 AM
It's common in rebuys, but the few double/triple ups I see in freezeouts usually don't make it too high.