PDA

View Full Version : New Poker Website

08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Hello. I've created a website that shows player statistics for Party Poker and it's skins. It doesn't charge anything. There's 456,000 players in the database at the moment.

Feel free to take a look. Pokeromics (http://www.pokeromics.com)

Thanks.

08-05-2005, 04:21 AM
hahahaha

You SON OF A ..........

j/k. I really don't know what to think about these things. You have me down as 24 BB/100 . Thanks.

trentcroad
08-05-2005, 05:08 AM
not a bad site!
nice 1

maybedinero
08-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Wow not bad
I'm in there from when I played Empire in May (not as this username), so it goes back quite a way.

08-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Hello.

Thank you for the replies. The database has been updated as of August 6th. The total number of players is now in the 474,000's. The website is continually being updated and enhanced. Feel free to stop by. Any suggestions, ideas, or comments are greatly appreciated.

SamIAm
08-07-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions, ideas, or comments are greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how to give suggestions or ideas w/o an idea of what you're trying to accomplish. What are your goals? I agree, it's a cool setup, but I can't help you get there if I don't know where you're going. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Sam

P.S. I'm listed as +.23 BB/100 over 426 hands. I can do better. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

smartalecc5
08-08-2005, 04:00 AM
Sweet, +.84 BB/100 after 456 hands.

Keep collecting so I can bump that up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CaptSensible
08-08-2005, 05:42 AM
the site seems to be down at the moment. I look forward to seeing it.

smartalecc5
08-08-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the site seems to be down at the moment. I look forward to seeing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

its up now...

MCS
08-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Wow, +58.15 BB/100! That's pretty good.

(46 hands)

08-08-2005, 07:25 PM
You're right. I should be a bit more specific. Basically these statistics are free and should remain so for the foreseeable future as we're not trying to give anyone unfair advantages. I'm looking for suggestions regarding ease of use, look of site, and readability. If you've had any random ideas you'd like to see implemented on a site, then feel free to suggest it.

We do currently have some ideas on the table for the site as well as some in development. One example is http://www.pokeromics.com/viewlog.aspx?l=1. Basically users can submit logs for others to review and make comments on. This feature hasn't be officially released yet and I'm not sure when the ETA is as things like this require a moderator.

SamIAm
08-08-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokeromics.com/viewlog.aspx?l=1. Basically users can submit logs for others to review and make comments on.

[/ QUOTE ]What a good idea. Somebody posts a hand, and we review their poker for 'em. In fact, that can be the name: a "Poker For 'Em".

Great idea (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem).
-Sam

08-08-2005, 11:02 PM
True. I guess there's already versions of this out there. Some new feature would have to make it useable. I'm not sure what, but these are just ideas I'm trying out. It's possible two or more ideas could combine to make a big, really neat idea. Can't hurt to try some. /shrug

CaptSensible
08-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Great Site! I only play SnG's though. Any chance for them being tracked in the future?

Also:
Even going to Poker Prophecy's website is now a violation of Party Pokers T&C even if thier software isn't on your system.

I'm going to assume that the same rule will apply to yours.
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

08-09-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Great Site! I only play SnG's though. Any chance for them being tracked in the future?

Also:
Even going to Poker Prophecy's website is now a violation of Party Pokers T&C even if thier software isn't on your system.

I'm going to assume that the same rule will apply to yours.
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To tell you the truth, we had a program that was 1-2 weeks away from release that was 10x better than Poker Edge, but then Party Poker starting banning programs. So obviously we're not releasing the software. It was really, really good though. Sort of a mini-PokerTracker + Edge. There were a plethora of statistics. It was not designed to upload logs or any other type of game data from the end-user. A lot of man hours and some investment went into it and then *poof* it was gone. But that's life, it was a risk.

As for this website.. the information is public to anyone who accesses it. Party Poker's new TOS concentrates on unfair advantages and "privacy". There isn't really any unfairness at this point with the information being available to anyone. I guess you could call it the online form of "poker tells". As for privacy, there's no such thing as privacy when any game is publicly available and watchable.

If there were to be any fees at Pokeromics.com, they would be low-cost and would only use the publicly available free data. I can't divulge what any ideas are at this time.

Lastly, I can tell you something else. Based on the data we have collected, we can calculate the rake gained by Party and their skins. It is a HUGE, HUGE number. They're making so much money, it's absurd. It's hard to have any respect for any Poker site when they rake in so much cash and then want to take control of their user's computer usage preferences.

Oh, and to answer your question. No. we have no plans to track Sit n' Go games. Sorry.

goodguy_1
08-13-2005, 10:51 AM
I found 19K hands under ten different screennames I use. You should somehow provide an option where you can view a total hands count for players who use mulitple screenames.

08-14-2005, 02:54 AM
haha, I have played over 1000 tournaments at PP and it didn't recognize my screen name...ha ha.

08-14-2005, 02:55 AM
or just one screen name.

08-14-2005, 04:13 PM
goodguy_1: I've added the option you requested. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know how many names can be fit into the URL, but go ahead and give it a shot.

Hooper1: We don't track Tournament statistics. Just Limit/No Limit/Pot Limit ring games. Sorry.

goodguy_1
08-15-2005, 06:26 AM
moreir very nice that works great! good luck with the project.

Buccaneer
08-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Nice site but it looks like it has not updated today.

Summary for $0.5/1 Limit
Hands Played 56
VP$IP 32.14%
BB/100 19.64
Preflop Raise 14.29%
PreflopAggression .8
PostflopAggression 1.73
Folded SB to Steal 0%
Folded BB to Steal 0%
Attempted to Steal 33.33%

my BB/100 is about zero now. lol

EDIT ---> Looks like I need to go back to 25 PL