PDA

View Full Version : AA Hand

ZManODS
03-14-2003, 06:26 PM
This is a nice hand for my 200th post. Well anyway this is a hand i was wondering if i played correctly, Im pretty sure though this was the best way of doing it.

Online $1/$2
Im in EMP and get dealt AA. Its folded to me so i just call (Ive only been in the game an orbit or two but i got the impression that this was a really tight table, ive seen it folded all the way around when someone raised preflop). Anyway... then its folded to a LP player and he raises. SB calls and BB folds. I re-raise and both LP and SB call.

Flop (board: 6s Jd Kd)
SB checks, I bet, LP and SB call

Turn (board: 6s Jd Kd Ac)
SB checks, I check (fairly sure LP will bet), LP bets, SB calls and I raise. LP calls, SB folds.

River (board: 6s Jd Kd Ac 8h)
I bet, he calls and i take it down.

I was wondering if i could have made more money on this hand. Should i not have bet out on the flop and tried for a check-raise? Or should i not have check-raised the turn and tried it on the river, maybe the SB would have called then?

Nottom
03-14-2003, 06:33 PM
I think it worked out pretty well for you ... the places I would question probably out the best they could. The limp-reraise was probably the most you could have gotten preflop and the bet on the flop allowed you to check-raise the turn instead. Check-raising the river is way to risky since its much more likely to just be checked thru. I think you probably got as much out of your opponent as you could as you could.

Just out of curiousity what did LP have?

haakee
03-14-2003, 06:36 PM
I think this is fine. The turn is a nice time to get the extra bet in because anybody on a flush or open-ended straight draw will have to call your raise, whereas they'll fold on the river more frequently.

The table would have to be very tight for me to just call with AA in early middle position pre-flop.

ZManODS
03-15-2003, 03:09 PM
LP had A3o.

Louie Landale
03-15-2003, 06:18 PM
You did pretty well as it is, when LP bet the turn for you. I don't think that check-raise was all that wise since he's likely to check lots of hands, there being two of you. But if you think he'll bet regardless than I guess that's OK.

- Louie