PDA

View Full Version : when you don't want quads (low content)

mgsimpleton
08-04-2005, 08:32 PM
subtitle: am i getting too tricky for my own good?

(this could actually be the content of the post)

live 5/10, button raises to 50, 5 to the flop, i have 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in SB.

relevant stacks are about 4k

flop (250): 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i bet 175, MP calls.

turn (600): 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i put him on clubs, so i bet 275, then he minraises to 550. at this point i'm thinking trips and i don't want him to fold if i come over the top. i know he puts me on overpair but if come over the top on turn, he might figure me for full house. i call planning to weak lead/3 bet all in on river vs. his trips representing an overpair all the way until his stack is in there.

he has a problem of not betting enough (it's tough to keep track of pot sizes live) so i didn't think i'd get all of his stack through a conventional line of 3 betting turn if he just has trips.

river (1700): 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

i cry. then i bet 1k, and he calls. in retrospect i maybe could have gone all in representing missed clubs but i don't think he would have picked up on what i was representing. i thought a value bet was in order. am i getting too tricky for my own good???

Chaostracize
08-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Turn min-raise 3-bet! Woohoo!

mgsimpleton
08-05-2005, 08:47 AM
ok but a real question. is it stupid to not 3 bet this turn thinking he might lay down trips? he's not laying down trips just because i reraise turn, right?

nate1729
08-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Well, I still kinda suspect this is a joke post, but anyway.

3betting the turn to protect yourself from getting your action killed if an 8 hits is of course silly, unless the decision is really freakin' close otherwise.

I'd like to know what the history of you and this guy is. If you've been playing like, ahem, you're occasionally capable of playing, villain could very easily put you on nothing and hate your guts, so you've got a good shot at getting the money in on the turn. Otherwise I think you have to try to bet/3bet the river.

Nice hand.

--Nate