PDA

View Full Version : Right?? Wrong?? Should I have played differently

ArchAngel71857
03-14-2003, 03:43 PM
I am playing heads up in a $.10-$.20 game. Opponent is Loose Aggressive. I post SB and get dealt A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . I raise, he re-raises, i re-raise, he calls. Flop is A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . I bet, he raises, i re-raise, he calls.
Turn: J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif . I bet, he calls.
River: 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . I bet, he calls. He shows A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

I know he will always pay to see the flop, and likes to represent strong preflop to try and bluff me on the turn and river. Should I have played differently since it was heads up? I semi-bluffed on the turn, because he folds often enough for it to work.

Thanks,
AA

Toro
03-14-2003, 03:53 PM
The only thing I would have done differently was to not put in the last reraise preflop although ironically I think it saved you money later in the hand particularly on the turn when your opponent made his second pair. I think your preflop play had him worried that you may have had wired aces.

Barry
03-14-2003, 03:55 PM
I never thought of 2 pair with a flush draw as a semi-bluff. At any rate, I don't see anything wrong with your play on this hand. Although given his previous play, I'm surprised he didn't raise you on the turn.

Ed Miller
03-14-2003, 05:14 PM
I semi-bluffed on the turn, because he folds often enough for it to work.

This don't make no sense to me. You do have two pair, do you not? Your bet is in no way a bluff... and there's basically no hand that he'd be willing to fold that you want him to fold there.

ArchAngel71857
03-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Yeah, i started to post a pattern of bets for another hand, realized that wasn't the hand i wanted to talk about, and forgot to edit that sentence. Pay no attention to that.

-AA