PDA

View Full Version : Holiday

tbach24
08-04-2005, 05:24 PM

tbach24
08-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Also, no write-in's because the theme is not religiuos, but fabricated US holidays.

The clear winner is Thanksgiving btw.

Edit- I think I forgot Memorial Day Weekend although I'm not sure if that's a "holiday." That's an acceptable write-in though, as well as any other type of holiday you can think of like that. No religious holidays.

istewart
08-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Ramadan.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Did you know that Nebraska is the home of Arbor Day? When you drive into the state on I-80, there's a big sign, about 30 trees, and then that's the last tree you see until you get to Iowa.

kerssens
08-04-2005, 05:33 PM
you sir, are wrong! the 4th is the king of holidays, thanksgiving is a lowly prince (football is what keeps it in the royal family)

tbach24
08-04-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you sir, are wrong! the 4th is the king of holidays, thanksgiving is a lowly prince (football is what keeps it in the royal family)

[/ QUOTE ]

Turkey, mashed potatos, stuffing, cranberry sauce, PUMPKIN PIE, and other good foods. July 4th has hot dogs and hamburgers. F that. Halloween is better because of the candy involved. And this is not a food poll, it's just that the foods involved are important.

MrTrik
08-04-2005, 05:37 PM
I know you said no religious holidays. I was raised Catholic and pretty much disowned the religion before I became an adult and never looked back. I think of Christmas as giving, cookies, festive decorations, excited children, corny music. I don't have any religious thoughts that time of year that I don't have other times of the year. So, I voted for my second choice in this poll.

kerssens
08-04-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Turkey, mashed potatos, stuffing, cranberry sauce, PUMPKIN PIE, and other good foods. July 4th has hot dogs and hamburgers. F that. Halloween is better because of the candy involved. And this is not a food poll, it's just that the foods involved are important.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of which could be had at any time of the year. the 4th is in the summer, you can blow stuff up, and almost everyone is in the mood to get drunk.

New001
08-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Food sucks. Food with lots of family sucks more. Lots of food with lots of family is even worse. Anything but Thanksgiving.

tdarko
08-04-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All of which could be had at any time of the year. the 4th is in the summer, you can blow stuff up, and almost everyone is in the mood to get drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]
which you can also do anytime of the year.

clear winner is thanksgiving.

TheMainEvent
08-04-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Food sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

FouTight
08-04-2005, 06:19 PM
had no idea that new years eve was 'fabricated' by the US

tbach24
08-04-2005, 06:21 PM