PDA

View Full Version : Maniac with unlimited bankroll.

winky51
08-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Situation: $100-$300 buy in NL cash game

Players: Young LAGs, some normals, 1 MANIAC with an unlimited bankroll.

Me: I like to bring $600 and buy in for $100 at a time.

Maniac: all in bluffs, calls any bets, bluff raises all in, calls raises with trash (J5s, 83o). Basically you never know what hand he has and he can put you all in at any one time.

I can handle all the players but how to handle the maniac? I really don't want to buy in for $300. $100 is usually the NL games I play. But you run across the problem of you win 4-5 pots in a row vs him, he keeps reloading to $300 and in one pot he gets lucky calling your big bets with your sets and draws out on a 4 out straight, you lose your money.

More reasonable players bet less to get more. This guy you never know what he is turning up? 94o on a bluff or 94o on the wheel draw vs your set of aces.
Suggestions?

08-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Against this type of player, you just can't be afraid to put your money in. If you think you're ahead, put it in. TPTK, call his all in. Overpair, call. Normally these aren't the type of hands, you want to risk your stack with, but against a maniac they're normally good. Now, I wouldn't but my money in just with top pair if you have some reason to think he might actually have something, but if you think he's just being dumb again you have to put your money in the middle.

jaydub
08-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Don't play them game, it is playing bigger than you can tolerate.

The playing vs a maniac strategy is basic and can be found via search.

TheWorstPlayer
08-04-2005, 07:05 PM
to use an old line: call

me and tell me where the game is.

winky51
08-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Yup thats what I do vs these types. Just didnt know if there was something else to do. Hope I dont get the double suckout tonight and go home in 10 mins /images/graemlins/wink.gif