PDA

View Full Version : What's "Pwning" and Why "Stop and Go"

ebaudry
08-04-2005, 04:55 PM
What's pwning mean? And if it essentially means "kicking the crap out of a given venue", then at what point would I be pwning a 3/6 game? 3BB/hr? How about $33 STT, would those be pwned at 20% ROI, or more like 40%?

Sorry for how absurd this question probably is for all those who already know the answer /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I found a description of stop and go in the FAQ, but I don't quite understand why one would do it. The only advantage I have come up with is that it would give your opponent a very small chance to fold on the flop which would be preferable to straight heads-up action? If this is really the only advantage, then are you hoping for a very scary board, like a 3-flush or 3 overcards to the PF's small pair?

And do you "go" on literally any flop? Would you put in the last of your chips with 88 on a flop of AKQ vs a PF?

And, would you still use this play against a player that is going to call with anything on the flop since they know the odds they are getting require it?

Thanks

downtown
08-04-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I found a description of stop and go in the FAQ, but I don't quite understand why one would do it. The only advantage I have come up with is that it would give your opponent a very small chance to fold on the flop which would be preferable to straight heads-up action? If this is really the only advantage, then are you hoping for a very scary board, like a 3-flush or 3 overcards to the PF's small pair?

And do you "go" on literally any flop? Would you put in the last of your chips with 88 on a flop of AKQ vs a PF?

And, would you still use this play against a player that is going to call with anything on the flop since they know the odds they are getting require it?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=184256&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1) a good description of the stop n go as written by a WSOP ME champ.