PDA

View Full Version : bet this draw?

chopchoi
08-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Blinds 150/300. 100 left, Top 50 pay. I have 3,800 chips, avg. stack is about 5,000.

I'm SB with 97o. 2 limpers, I complete, BB checks.

Flop: 3,6,8 rainbow.

jcm4ccc
08-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Check and then decide. You might check/call if you're getting the odds (and the implied odds are pretty good here, since your straight will not be evident), push if you think you have good FE, or fold if you're not being priced in to continue.

Rduke55
08-04-2005, 04:40 PM
I'd bet 1/2 pot. You'll often take this down right there (It's a limped pot. No one's that invested.) and if you don't it will disguise the str8 if you hit it. (Not that it needs much disguising though). Plus you may get called by stuff like any pair which may still give you some outs.

Gar Pike
08-04-2005, 05:16 PM
You're first to act, you bet 1/2 the pot, aggressive player behind you
a) raises all-in
b) raises 4x your bet

now what do you do?

Regards

Gar

JC_Saves
08-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Well you started this hand with less than 13BBs, so I would not have even played this hand.

But since you did, I would check it and hope to see the turn for free, and fold unless you are getting the 4 to 1 odds to stay.

These are the kind of hands that can really hurt your stack when you chase them and miss with a relative short stack.

TomHimself
08-04-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well you started this hand with less than 13BBs, so I would not have even played this hand.

But since you did, I would check it and hope to see the turn for free, and fold unless you are getting the 4 to 1 odds to stay.

These are the kind of hands that can really hurt your stack when you chase them and miss with a relative short stack.

[/ QUOTE ]wats wrong with completing in the SB?

Rduke55
08-04-2005, 05:36 PM
a) Fold
b) Fold

You'll still have 9-10bb. Not much off of your almost 13bb you started the hand with (closer to 12 since your sb was already in). However, I'm still saying this is a good, low risk chance to pick up the pot and get up to 16bb and possibly more if you get called and your draw hits.
I think it's "nothing" pots like these that you have to start taking in these situations. It's like a steal. That's like not recommending stealing because you might get reraised and have to fold.

TomHimself
08-04-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a) Fold
b) Fold

You'll still have 9-10bb. Not much off of your almost 13bb you started the hand with (closer to 12 since your sb was already in). However, I'm still saying this is a good, low risk chance to pick up the pot and get up to 16bb and possibly more if you get called and your draw hits.
I think it's "nothing" pots like these that you have to start taking in these situations. It's like a steal. That's like not recommending stealing because you might get reraised and have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]your saying to fold but to try and steal with your draw, im confused

Rduke55
08-04-2005, 05:48 PM
"your saying to fold but to try and steal with your draw, im confused "

I was responding to Gar Pike's questions on what to do if someone behind us
a) Raised us 4x
b) went all-in

chopchoi
08-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Thanks guys.

Anyway, I bet 1/2 the pot, BB folded, first limper pushed, 2nd limper called the push. Both had me covered. I figured I was getting the right price to call.

I missed, and 2nd limper took the pot with A8o.