PDA

View Full Version : I would like to be able to 20 table with no overlaps

Mempho
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
I would like to use a widescreen laptop along with 3 additional monitors. First, is this possible? Second, what would I need to get?

FouTight
08-04-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to use a widescreen laptop along with 3 additional monitors. First, is this possible? Second, what would I need to get?

[/ QUOTE ]

not a laptop

Bluff Daddy
08-04-2005, 04:34 PM
why the hell would you want to 20 table

Mempho
08-04-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why the hell would you want to 20 table

[/ QUOTE ]

To increase winrate without increasing variance.

TheTROLL
08-04-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a laptop

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Do you know how cheap desktops are now? Wherever you have space for 3-4 big monitors, how have space for a desktop. Save the laptop for uses where you need the portability.

Mempho
08-04-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a laptop

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Do you know how cheap desktops are now? Wherever you have space for 3-4 big monitors, how have space for a desktop. Save the laptop for uses where you need the portability.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I have visions of a portable system that fits in a large rolling padded piece of luggage that I can take anywhere (like Florida) and assemble in 20 minutes.

I can just envision monitors all around me with both of my hands at different controls (almost like the space shuttle simulator).

FouTight
08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not a laptop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I have visions of a portable system that fits in a large rolling padded piece of luggage that I can take anywhere (like Florida) and assemble in 20 minutes.

I can just envision monitors all around me with both of my hands at different controls (almost like the space shuttle simulator).

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, time to grow out the james bond phase...

seriously though, laptops can't evne dual monitor, they only have one video output, and thats usually just the same as the monitor screen, not a seperate video source, I think your SOL.

Stephen Gray
08-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Yes. Look at this:
SideCar Multi-Monitor Laptop Device (http://www.digitaltigers.com/sidecar.shtml)

Mempho
08-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Very, very cool

FouTight
08-05-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Look at this:
SideCar Multi-Monitor Laptop Device (http://www.digitaltigers.com/sidecar.shtml)

[/ QUOTE ]

A few points abotu this, I read a bit about it, but I don't see how much onboard memory these things have, but it would have to be a good bit or else it would be very laggy and poor video...

also, The base model - $1299 (http://www.digitaltigers.com/sidecar-express.shtml)

edit, the base model has 64megs of ram, pretty much the bare minimum for that setup. Also, I'm not sure how fast the bus speed is on the PCMCIA, but that could cause some slowdown.