PDA

View Full Version : Stop N Go okay move here?

playtitleist
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Blinds would go up before next orbit. Okay situation for Stop N Go here?

Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: giant500 (1000)
Seat 4: HERO (860)
Seat 5: golfproX (1687)
Seat 7: OneKingman (2015)
Seat 9: TTier1 (685)
Seat 10: scoobyl26 (1753)
giant500 posts small blind (50)
HERO posts big blind (100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Qc, 5s ]
golfproX folds.
OneKingman folds.
TTier1 calls (100)
scoobyl26 folds.
giant500 calls (50)
HERO checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 3d, 4c, 7s ]
giant500 checks.
HERO bets (760)

Flame on!

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Not really a stop-n-go in the classic sense. Meaning, it looked like you hit a draw and pushed because of the raggedy texture of the board. Regardless of what it is, I like the move. My question to you is, would you have pulled the same stop-n-go regardless of the flop? Would you have done it on the following flops:

1. A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
2. J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
3. A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
4. 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

citanul
08-04-2005, 04:06 PM
a) that's not a stop and go

b) there's others, but well, (a) is good for now.

citanul

playtitleist
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Good question - I almost added "is this really a StopNGo?" But, I did commit to it before the flop and was going all-in with any two after the flop. Which is why I ask if that was a good play or not.

Seeing the cards that came on the flop, what I am gathering from you is that an all-in was a good move regardless of the original intention.

As for whether I would have done it on any of those four flops, I had already mentally commited to it, so yes. But, in the past I have told myself I would do it, then backed off when flops come with Ks and As.

I assume you have an opinion on each of the four. Assuming you were doing a stop-look-go, which of these four would you "go" on with no hand?

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I had already mentally commited to it

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one am not pulling a stop-n-go here, so my opinions on those flops is somewhat irrelevant. I'm trying to make a point that I do not think you are so desperate in this situation that you need to push any flop (a true Stop-n-Go). I would much rather prefer a move where you put your opponents who limped on a range of hands, and push if you feel confident that they both missed. What's more, I would also need some sort of draw to push in this situation (either overs or some kind of straight draw). You had the inside straight draw and one over, which is why I don't mind the play.

playtitleist
08-04-2005, 04:27 PM
no, no. gimme the b, c, d,...aa, ab, ac.

man, i'm here to learn.

playtitleist
08-04-2005, 04:30 PM
thanks.

more ideas welcomed.