PDA

View Full Version : You guys have convinced me

jek187
08-04-2005, 04:00 PM
I have edited the sticky to allow the posting of other affiliates' bonuses. The points made in this regard are valid. However, a few notes:
1) While it's fine to announce a promo at an affiliate's site, I will be watching these very closely for spammy tendencies.
2) This is not a support forum for other affiliates. If you have an issue about w/their offers, go to them. Only come here if you've exhausted normal channels with them. (Nobody is going to be banned for this, I will likely just lock threads.)
3) We reserve the right to revert to our old rule at any time, should the spam get out of hand.

edfurlong
08-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Thats hot.

BBill
08-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Good decision IMO.

BW is now supporting freedom of information sharing, in the spirit of the owners of 2+2 whom allow the discussion of non-2+2 publications in their forums, if that’s any indication of success, and I would say it is.

JoePro
08-04-2005, 05:38 PM
That's great... Maybe now all the 'Do Not Use' threads will die.

DrunkHamster
08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Thats a really good decision IMHO. I don't think any of the criticism was personal - mine was certainly not. Its just that people don't like being told they can't help people out. Of course, crack down on spammers - just don't stop people honestly trying to help others get the best deal. My respect for you has gone way up. Nice one!

Orpheus
08-05-2005, 01:42 AM
That's a class move, jek.

jek187
08-05-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats a really good decision IMHO. I don't think any of the criticism was personal - mine was certainly not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. One point I'd like to address here is that like the above poster, anyone I disagreed with, did not consitute a personal disagreement. We all want different things, and want those things to differing degrees, so sometimes forum-wide arguments are what it takes to get things done.

PrincipalSkinner
08-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Smart move--good job.