PDA

View Full Version : minimum hands to defend BB vs EP/UTG raise

async
08-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm wondering what people consider minimum hand to defend the BB against a raiser in UTG/UTG+1 position is against a typical raise (ie, 2-5x the BB)?

AliasMrJones
08-04-2005, 03:58 PM
You aren't going to get any responses because it is soooo dependent on details you didn't include. Things like what are the blinds, how many chips do you have, what are the other stacks, how many players left, reads on player making the raise...

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You aren't going to get any responses because it is soooo dependent on details you didn't include. Things like what are the blinds, how many chips do you have, what are the other stacks, how many players left, reads on player making the raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

You stole the words right out of my mouth. I was either going to say that, or be equally vague and respond

"Two cards with numbers or letter on them."

Freudian
08-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Sometimes AA/KK, sometimes any two.

async
08-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Blinds: still fairly normal compared to stacks (say, 30/60 and people have T700-T1500 for the most part, and assume neither you nor the raiser are short stacks or monster leaders).

Players left: 7+

Reads: none

In other words, there are obviously a lot of circumstances that could change this play, but I'm talking about a 'typical' circumstance.

Freudian
08-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Early on vs a standard raise I would like a pretty good hand to call a raise. I am probably one of the most conservative players early on so AQs+, JJ+ against a player I give some respect to.

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Early on vs a standard raise I would like a pretty good hand to call a raise. I am probably one of the most conservative players early on so AQs+, JJ+ against a player I give some respect to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd throw in TT myself, but I guess I'm a little looser.