PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions!

FeliciaLee
08-04-2005, 03:52 PM
(Crossposted from the O8 forum)

Okay, guys. Mat is back and better than ever (I hope).

He has made me the moderator of this forum, too (in addition to the O8 forum).

So the question remains about the posts that are PLO8 oriented. I have asked him what he wishes to do about it, and told him what the majority wants (via the poll results in O8). We'll wait to see how he handles it.

I am pretty much on the fence with this one, I don't care one way or another. I will just go with what is decided.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PorscheNGuns
08-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Please see to it that the PLO search function is fixed

Thanks

-Matt

FeliciaLee
08-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Ah, I didn't even know that was a problem! I'll send it off to Mat ASAP.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

joewatch
08-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I would prefer that the PLO/8 posts stay in the O8 forum. That is probably because I don't play PLO/8.

beset7
08-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey Felicia!

Our most pressing concern is fixing the search function.

Thanks!

FeliciaLee
08-04-2005, 06:51 PM
I already notified Mat. I pasted the thread into the PM, as well as told him my experience with the search. He isn't online right now, but I'm sure he'll do it ASAP as he is recovering.

liquid
08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I'm not familiar with the history of the categories, but is there a reason it's not "Omaha Hi" and "Omaha/8" instead of "Pot-Limit Omaha" and "Omaha/8"? Seems like that is the clearest convention if there is not enough traffic to merit separate limit and pot limit categories for each. There's currently some confusion as to where to post limit Omaha hi questions.

p.s. if you get the search fixed you will be my hero

RickyG
08-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I sencond this. I believe that we would be best served with an omaha high and an omaha 8 forum as opposed to PLO and o/8.

my $0.02

autobet
08-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Yes, the games are as different as night and day.

Big Dave D
08-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Well I guess the reason is almost no one plays limit hi Omaha. And that would include 99% of the PLO players too. The reason limit Omaha never really took off is similar to the death of Razz, and I guess straight 5 stud low. They are just not good games long term.

Although I believe plo8b and PLO are more natural bedfellows, it seems that 90% of the plo8b folk don't agree. Let them stay in their box. Please.

gl

dd

autobet
08-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I have two problems with PLO8:
I don't know how to play and I often forget I am playing it (multi-tabling and play like PLO)...so i decided to stop playing...probably one of my best poker decisions ever.

The problem with combining forums is you have to double check every post to see what game it is.