PDA

View Full Version : SSTFU-HUC 1st Round Matchups and Bracket

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:42 PM
The drawing has been completed. For the sake of suspense and conversation, I will reveal each 1st round matchup as a seperate post in this thread (smack talking may begin under each sub-post), then I will post the bracket. Good luck to all participants, and be sure your vaccinations are all current.

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Discuss.

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Discuss.

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Discuss.

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Discuss.

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Discuss.

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Discuss.

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Discuss.

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Laugh.

Unarmed
08-04-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... Usher is dead. What's to discuss? He has no notes on me so he's toast /images/graemlins/grin.gif

iMsoLucky0
08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

My name is iMsoLucky0. Not ImSoLucky.

Discuss.

Unarmed
08-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I hate it when people write discuss at the end of their posts.

Discuss. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SuitedSixes
http://usera.imagecave.com/BSwing23/STTFUBracket.jpg

Irieguy
Well, this could be very interesting since it will likely be Gigabet vs. Daliman.

Tough first round draw for both. I can't wait to watch it.

Irieguy

durron597
08-04-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this could be very interesting since it will likely be Gigabet vs. Daliman.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something because I don't see Gigabet in the bracket.

iMsoLucky0
08-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Damn, that bracket looks kinda tilted towards one side...

mcpherzen
[ QUOTE ]
ROUND 1 / MATCH 3 - Apathy vs. Zen

[/ QUOTE ]

...or as I like to refer to it, Canada v. U.S.A. Before we deal this one, will we sing both anthems? At least the venue is my home country...this one would be awful challenging in Ottawa.

durron597
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The left side? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Irieguy
08-04-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something because I don't see Gigabet in the bracket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Lacky's thread on the STTF-HUC, i explain there.

Irieguy

TheUsher
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... Usher is dead. What's to discuss? He has no notes on me so he's toast /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh, does that mean you have notes on me? /images/graemlins/wink.gif Jump up to 215's this month so we could play together! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Irieguy
08-04-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooooh. Little disrespect for Usher, Zen, Hurst, Raptor, and Apathy there.

Irieguy

mosdef
08-04-2005, 04:04 PM
oh crap.

Unarmed
08-04-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh, does that mean you have notes on me? /images/graemlins/wink.gif Jump up to 215's this month so we could play together! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No way!
I know you're sitting there waiting for me with like 23421 post-it note pads and a pen in each hand. You're in the dark on this one. ITS OUR SECRET NEVER TEACH THE UNARMED STYLE!!!!

mosdef
08-04-2005, 04:05 PM
i thought this was a double-elimination tournament. doesn't your bracket need to be significantly more complicated than that?

lacky
08-04-2005, 04:06 PM
hmmm...the host just happens to draw yugo....RIGGED

mosdef
08-04-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...or as I like to refer to it, Canada v. U.S.A. Before we deal this one, will we sing both anthems? At least the venue is my home country...this one would be awful challenging in Ottawa.

[/ QUOTE ]

just be sure to tie down your shirt so that Apathy doesn't pull it over your head and beat the crap out of you.

TheUsher
08-04-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way!
I know you're sitting there waiting for me with like 23421 post-it note pads and a pen in each hand. You're in the dark on this one. ITS OUR SECRET NEVER TEACH THE UNARMED STYLE!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is I actually have 203948230948 post-it note pads in front of me right now since I'm researching on some car stuff. How'd you know!

lacky
08-04-2005, 04:09 PM
lol, was there anyone in the $500 list you wouldnt have said that about? This whole tourney is -ev

mosdef
08-04-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, was there anyone in the $500 list you wouldnt have said that about? This whole tourney is -ev

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - i wanted raptor. how hard can it be to beat an adolescent? if i wear a t-shirt with a picture of breasts on it he'll stare at it the whole time, drool all over his chips, and not be able to think of anything else. teenagers are not hard to handle, man.

lacky
08-04-2005, 04:16 PM
lol, trust me, he could have you on tilt in the 1st ten hands, I've seen it.

Irieguy
08-04-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought this was a double-elimination tournament. doesn't your bracket need to be significantly more complicated than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. Mosdef, you need to see an empty loser's bracket? Why, so you can visualize yourself in the first round?

Irieguy

lacky
08-04-2005, 04:18 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Does raptor even play poker anymore?

ilya
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Our bracket is rough. Oh woe is me I am so UnLucky00.

But at least I will get to crush Yugo in Round 2.

mosdef
08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. Mosdef, you need to see an empty loser's bracket? Why, so you can visualize yourself in the first round?

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

in retrospect, i should be thankful to OP for not having the foresight of producing a losers bracket with me already in it.

durron597
08-04-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But at least I will get to crush Yugo in Round 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, Irieguy you gonna take that?

Apathy
08-04-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't get it? How am I match 3 and not against a $200 buyin player?

Oh well, not that it matters too much I look forward to playing Zen.

Irieguy
08-04-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Our bracket is rough. Oh woe is me I am so UnLucky00.

But at least I will get to crush Yugo in Round 2 of the loser's bracket.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Irieguy

Irieguy
08-04-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it? How am I match 3 and not against a $200 buyin player?

Oh well, not that it matters too much I look forward to playing Zen.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are 4 more $500 players than $200 players. Skipper, Dali, you and zen got hosed.

But in the spirit of poker, at least you got hosed randomly

Irieguy

Apathy
08-04-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even need home advantage in this one... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 04:32 PM
This is the best-case scenario for Yugo and worst-case scenario for Irie. Yugo has nothing to lose and imagine the life-changing implications for Irieguy if he were to lose.

Apathy
08-04-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the best-case scenario for Yugo and worst-case scenario for Irie. Yugo has nothing to lose and imagine the life-changing implications for Irieguy if he were to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Yugo should push every hand, Irie wouldn't consider calling without a big edge because he'd be terrified of this very thing, and then Yugo would pwn.

OF course he would have to not look at his cards to avoid tells /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mosdef
08-04-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Yugo should push every hand, Irie wouldn't consider calling without a big edge because he'd be terrified of this very thing, and then Yugo would pwn.

OF course he would have to not look at his cards to avoid tells /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately this is a PL tourney so we can't do that.

lacky
08-04-2005, 04:41 PM
raptors hanging at the beach will booze and women, projected return friday.

lacky
08-04-2005, 04:44 PM
u didnt think that was an accident, did u?

Apathy
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was of course, joking.

Seperate topic:

According to the rules you can announce all in as an overbet and the opponent gets to choose whether or not they wish to call the overbet. This leads to a lot of obvious angles imo. Are we (Am I) to assume that noone will be iusing these rules to their advantage or is the deal anything goes?

citanul
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
none of these seem like even matchups. this was clearly rigged to save more exciting action for later in the bracket.

lacky
08-04-2005, 04:47 PM
don't know if i'm happy or sad. what do you play wuwei, and hows your luckbox? I think mine may be all used up.

Steve

Irieguy
08-04-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is pot limit... which makes a big difference.

In fact, here's an open challenge to the group as a side-action game:

I will be willing to play a holdem game where we remove 2 aces from the deck and give them to my opponent. He will have 2 aces every single hand.

The rest of the deck will be shuffled and dealt to give me my hole cards and deal the board.

The betting structure is No Limit, but only after the flop. Preflop there are two big blinds, and there can be no preflop raising. The button will alternate for post flop positional purposes only.

Irieguy

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 04:48 PM
It was as rigged as a three year-old's hand reaching into a mixing bowl.

The Yugoslavian
08-04-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this could be very interesting since <font color="red">Yugo will undoubtedly pwn me /images/graemlins/frown.gif. It sucks being up against the best HU player known to man in the first round</font>.

Tough first round draw for <font color="red">me</font>. I can't wait to <font color="red">get pwn3d</font>.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav
Future HU worldwide champion. Only chance of losing will be disqualification for urinating on the table.

Irieguy
08-04-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was of course, joking.

Seperate topic:

According to the rules you can announce all in as an overbet and the opponent gets to choose whether or not they wish to call the overbet. This leads to a lot of obvious angles imo. Are we (Am I) to assume that noone will be iusing these rules to their advantage or is the deal anything goes?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a gentleman's game, played by gentlemen.

Irieguy

durron597
08-04-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I will be willing to play a holdem game where we remove 2 aces from the deck and give them to my opponent. He will have 2 aces every single hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will this be done every hand randomly or just once? In other words, will you know the suits of the AA every hand?

TheUsher
08-04-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is a gentleman's game, played by gentlemen.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Which reminds me, are there any rules barring scrippas from performing their services during a hand? If so, I want to sell my seat! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GtrHtr
hahahaha. This thing is rigged!

Irieguy
[ QUOTE ]
none of these seem like even matchups. this was clearly rigged to save more exciting action for later in the bracket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apathy-Zen
Usher-Unarmed
Daliman-Gigabet
Irie-Yugo

What are you talking about?

BTW, it's supposed to be uneven. That should compensate for the fact that the $500 buy-in players are taking the worst of it by allowing full $200 value for each player if a $200 player wins it. This is a seeded tournament.

Irieguy

citanul
08-04-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

children are rigged.

citanul

gumpzilla
08-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Interesting side game. Do you see anybody taking you up on it? It seems pretty bad for the AA player, unless maybe they've thought an awful lot about it and the non-AA player is overaggressive.

GtrHtr
08-04-2005, 04:56 PM
I thought the beefcake vs raptor was rigged, now I know.

This could be Yugo's moment!

durron597
08-04-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Apathy-Zen
Usher-Unarmed
Daliman-Gigabet
Irie-Yugo

[/ QUOTE ]

Ilya-iMsoLucky0

I think they are both very excellent players, and it's at least close.

The Yugoslavian
08-04-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Go Yugo Go!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/photos/7F442ED0455E11D4855300062950B7A0.jpg

Laetitia

Unarmed
08-04-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apathy-Zen
Usher-Unarmed
Daliman-Gigabet
Irie-Yugo

What are you talking about?

BTW, it's supposed to be uneven. That should compensate for the fact that the $500 buy-in players are taking the worst of it by allowing full $200 value for each player if a $200 player wins it. This is a seeded tournament.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict the Apathy-Zen matchup will be a war.
Also, this may not be common forum knowledge, but Yugo is a very very good player.

My match will be a complete joke unless I play at least one hand of either PL OR HU holdem prior to the event. If I accomplish either of those two goals I should win in a cakewalk against a noteless Usher /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mosdef
08-04-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My match will be a complete joke unless I play at least one hand of either PL OR HU holdem prior to the event. If I accomplish either of those two goals I should win in a cakewalk against a noteless Usher /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

just play all of your HU STT finals as if they were PL. if your opponent goes all-in, berate him for "not playing fair"

The Yugoslavian
08-04-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yugo is a very very good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been pwning low limit HU Stars sit n gos....I even won a couple PLO hi/lo matches even though I thought for most of them that you only needed to use one card to make your best hand /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Of course, hand value matters less when I pretend I have four aces and the low every time it gets to the turn, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Man, I really need to learn more than hold 'em, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav

skipperbob
08-04-2005, 05:14 PM
With this piece of Cheese in Round #1...Maybe I won't sell after all....Bid myself up in the LAC....TakeDown around 20 large /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul
08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
couple things:

what's the blind structure for this mess?

and if anyone wants to warm up pwn me on some stars hu action later, i'll be available to donate money a few bucks at a time. pm me if interested.

comments on yugo's play: he appears to know how to play very well. he just needs to stop getting in his own head. let your opponents put in the effort to psych you out, don't let them do it yourself. this includes getting distracted/paying non full attention.

citanul

citanul
08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
i predict (and hopefully motivate) that raptor will be the big bust of this thing. he told me he can't take hu matches with 2+2ers seriously. is there a way we could create some kind of efficient market for trading bets on people? i'd like to sell some of the young gun short /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul

The Yugoslavian
08-04-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

comments on yugo's play: he appears to know how to play very well. he just needs to stop getting in his own head. let your opponents put in the effort to psych you out, don't let them do it yourself. this includes getting distracted/paying non full attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing there won't be scrippaz at the event to distract me and that I'm completely immune to them anyway, right? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yugoslav

citanul
08-04-2005, 05:23 PM
just whack it a couple dozen times to pics of lateitia (i spell bat) before each day of play. you'll be fine.

citanul

Apathy
[ QUOTE ]
couple things:

what's the blind structure for this mess?

and if anyone wants to warm up pwn me on some stars hu action later, i'll be available to donate money a few bucks at a time. pm me if interested.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

100 starting chips escalating blinds

1/2

2/4 etc.

1 hour levels.

skipperbob
What kind of an "F'ing" Beach do they have in Dallas...The last time I was in that Godforsaken SheetHole of a City, the main entertainment was a midget bull-rider drunk on-her-ass at Gilley's....No, wait a minute, maybe that was Corpus /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Apathy
08-04-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i predict (and hopefully motivate) that raptor will be the big bust of this thing. he told me he can't take hu matches with 2+2ers seriously. is there a way we could create some kind of efficient market for trading bets on people? i'd like to sell some of the young gun short /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you know about the calcutta? Just bid up people playing him.

mosdef
08-04-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of an "F'ing" Beach do they have in Dallas...The last time I was in that Godforsaken SheetHole of a City, the main entertainment was a midget bull-rider drunk on-her-ass at Gilley's....No, wait a minute, maybe that was Corpus /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

places change over time, old man. just because it was like that back when you were on shore leave during the Great War doesn't mean it's like that now. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

John Hurst
08-04-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm in his head already.

wuwei
08-04-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't know if i'm happy or sad. what do you play wuwei, and hows your luckbox? I think mine may be all used up.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be my only hope /images/graemlins/smile.gif

After a terrible couple months, I'm running pretty hot these days... 70% ROI over my last 100 $33s. I'm about ready to head back to the $55s and see how that goes.

oooh, forgot that I'm also on a big heater with baseball betting. If this holds for a month, you're in trouble!

I'm looking forward to the match.

mosdef
08-04-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in his head already.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i was just kidding. you're f*cking dead.

SlackerMcFly
08-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Uh Huh, Uh Huh..... Geez, I like your posts Mosdef. But, I have Mr. Hurst (AKA the Champ) in the Blind draw. Best to start thinking of how you will play your likely 1st round opponent in the "non-winner's" bracket now.

Hook-em Hurst!

durron597
08-04-2005, 09:58 PM
So um... why is this thread not on the 1st page?

johnny005
08-04-2005, 10:11 PM
WHat is this tourney?
how do i get in :P

GrekeHaus
08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yugoslav
Future HU worldwide champion. Only chance of losing will be disqualification for urinating on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's at least a 60% chance of that happening. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--GH

SuitedSixes
08-04-2005, 10:54 PM
I am offering to sell my blind draw calcutta share of Raptor for $125 (potential value $750). PM me if interested.

iMsoLucky0
08-05-2005, 12:46 AM
I'd pay 20 for it.

johnnybeef
08-05-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd pay 20 for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be getting ripped off....his feeble mind will be so mind-[censored] after he deals with me that he will be spelling holla with a Y.

Daliman
08-05-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is pot limit... which makes a big difference.

In fact, here's an open challenge to the group as a side-action game:

The rest of the deck will be shuffled and dealt to give me my hole cards and deal the board.

The betting structure is No Limit, but only after the flop. Preflop there are two big blinds, and there can be no preflop raising. The button will alternate for post flop positional purposes only.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. I'm in. We'll play for 5k. Blinds are 250-500.

Daliman
08-05-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

children are rigged.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to say that the entire Barney video catalog being sent to SuitedSixesGirl had ZERO effect on her choosing MY likely opponent.

Irieguy
08-05-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop there are two big blinds...
Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Daliman is a poker genius.

Irieguy

Irieguy
08-05-2005, 03:59 AM
I had to go to a drug-sponsored dinner tonight. You know... one of those things where drug companies give doctors all kinds of loot and booty even though they don't understand statistics... so, ok, right it was pretty good.

Then it's over and so ok we need to do something, so we go to Club Paradise.

Well, this girl is dancing without any clothes on and she's right on top of me and she looks like Catherine Zeta-Jones except 20 years old.

She says "what do you do?" and I say "I play poker and drink Heinekens and get lap dances and sometimes deliver babies."

And she says, "poker? I love poker... we should play."

And I say, "I'm running a poker tournament over Labor Day Weekend."

And she says, "can I play?"

And I say, "No, but you can come be naked and give lap dances and stuff."

And she says, "ok."

Sweet.

Irieguy

The Yugoslavian
08-05-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And she says, "ok."

[/ QUOTE ]

So, right...that's definitely a viable option...I mean...basically as long as you have a plan any play here is probably good....I mean, of course it's absurd to fold, right? So, we can't do that....I raise to t125, but ok, going allin like that is good too...I mean, mathemtically it's +EV....

In other words:

Shipittome.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

skipperbob
08-05-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And she says, "ok."

[/ QUOTE ]

So, right...that's definitely a viable option...I mean...basically as long as you have a plan any play here is probably good....I mean, of course it's absurd to fold, right? So, we can't do that....I raise to t125, but ok, going allin like that is good too...I mean, mathemtically it's +EV....

In other words:

Shipittome.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

O.K....U got me....Sometimes U can be funny /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unarmed
08-05-2005, 08:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And she says, "ok."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll teach her some advanced techniques...
I may bust though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daliman
08-05-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop there are two big blinds...
Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Daliman is a poker genius.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. I plead tiredness.

Fine, they're 500-500 then /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Daliman
08-05-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had to go to a drug-sponsored dinner tonight. You know... one of those things where drug companies give doctors all kinds of loot and booty even though they don't understand statistics... so, ok, right it was pretty good.

Then it's over and so ok we need to do something, so we go to Club Paradise.

Well, this girl is dancing without any clothes on and she's right on top of me and she looks like Catherine Zeta-Jones except 20 years old.

She says "what do you do?" and I say "I play poker and drink Heinekens and get lap dances and sometimes deliver babies."

And she says, "poker? I love poker... we should play."

And I say, "I'm running a poker tournament over Labor Day Weekend."

And she says, "can I play?"

And she says, "ok."

Sweet.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you for not biting the hand that feeds me.

citanul
08-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Alright, new plan, I'm going to hire movers to move my crap into my new apartment, and send the gf to a spa or something so she doesn't get pissy about it, and then:

I'm going to fly to Vegas for the weekend and organize CaS-HUC, or at least the STTFaS-HUCL(w?)B.

Those are the Citanul and Strippers - Heads Up Championships, or the Single Table Tournament Forum and Strippers - Heads Up Championships Losers (winners?) Bracket.

I will be giving free heads up lessons to strippers. Yeah, I like the sound of that.

citanul

skipperbob
08-05-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, new plan, I'm going to hire movers to move my crap into my new apartment, and send the gf to a spa or something so she doesn't get pissy about it, and then:

I'm going to fly to Vegas for the weekend and organize CaS-HUC, or at least the STTFaS-HUCL(w?)B.

Those are the Citanul and Strippers - Heads Up Championships, or the Single Table Tournament Forum and Strippers - Heads Up Championships Losers (winners?) Bracket.

I will be giving free heads up lessons to strippers. Yeah, I like the sound of that.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for It?....I look forward to meeting You &amp; the more the merrier...(except for really old people like SlackerMcAncientDorkfacefocker) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GtrHtr
08-05-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for It?....I look forward to meeting You &amp; the more the merrier...(except for really old people like SlackerMcAncientDorkfacefocker) /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reading this thread last night and I'm L'ingMAO and my wife says "whats so funny?"

I tell her the history of this thing and whats going on, what everything means and all of it.

She says "When is it?"

Me: "Labor Day weekend."

Her: "You should go."

Me: /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

how cool is that?

durron597
08-05-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think this tournament should be Swiss with a single elimination final 4. That way you can have a number of people play who aren't a multiple of two.

I wish I had thought of that idea a month or two ago, way too late now.

GtrHtr
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think this tournament should be Swiss with a single elimination final 4. That way you can have a number of people play who aren't a multiple of two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, and thats what I told her. "too late now"

mcpherzen
08-05-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, there needs to be a STTF-STFU-DO-U-C-Y HU Championship every 3 months. And with bigger fields.

GtrHtr
08-05-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
STTF-STFU-DO-U-C-Y HU Championship

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful. Foxwoods, Atlantic City, Tunica, Vegas. The STTF-STFU-DO-U-C-Y HU Championship Circuit or something.

SuitedSixes
08-05-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're stil going, right?

lacky
08-05-2005, 03:49 PM
perfect, yours is should be used up about the same time mine is. they will have to flip a coin after 12 hours of play just to get us the hell out of there couse neither of us will have a win left in us. the coin will land on it's edge of course....

Steve

GtrHtr
08-05-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're stil going, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know yet, I'm still thinking about it. I was there during the ME last month and that was very profitable - but only because of the STTs going on at the time...I suck at all ring games.

Apathy
08-05-2005, 04:41 PM
You'll have more fun this time, trust me.

mcpherzen
08-05-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know yet, I'm still thinking about it. I was there during the ME last month and that was very profitable - but only because of the STTs going on at the time...I suck at all ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that the draw is complete, Apathy should be looking to get rid of his seat, cheap!

--Z

GtrHtr
08-05-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that the draw is complete, Apathy should be looking to get rid of his seat, cheap!

--Z

[/ QUOTE ]

GtrHtr vs Zen, hmmm

SHIP IT!

btw, thanks for the hook up a few months ago. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

mcpherzen
08-05-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be referring to the 3 porn stars I had delivered to your room when you were out for the ME, right?

GtrHtr
08-05-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be referring to the 3 porn stars I had delivered to your room when you were out for the ME, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it was 4. I sent you a PM with the before and after pictures.

raptor517
08-06-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

places change over time, old man. just because it was like that back when you were on shore leave during the Great War doesn't mean it's like that now. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i went to padre /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

wuwei
08-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Two questions:

What do you think of adding the brackets to the calcutta site?
Will you be in attendance for the STTWTFHUC?