PDA

View Full Version : Bet Pot Button

08-04-2005, 03:31 PM
If you have a strong hand, but miss the flop (rags), will you read the guy who uses the button to "bet pot size" as a bluff / semi bluff and come over top or just call. What percentage of these guys are LAG would you say. What is your normal play on these players, I have recently started seeing them more and more, usually I let my hand go unless it is very strong. I am beging to suspect that they are weak and trying to buy the pot.

shakingspear
08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I kind of feel like it's a lazy factor. I don't know how much you can read into a player betting the pot.

lonn19
08-04-2005, 04:45 PM
I agree. I don't like the "bet pot" button. I feel people use it just because its there. There's no strategic reason most players do it.

TheBlueMonster
08-05-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
read the guy who uses the button to "bet pot size" as a bluff / semi bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

turnipmonster
08-05-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel people use it just because its there. There's no strategic reason most players do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a very good strategic reason to do it. you want to lay your opponent 2:1. I think it's handy and fine and you guys aren't used to playing against people who routinely bet the pot.

--turnipmonster

08-05-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel people use it just because its there. There's no strategic reason most players do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a very good strategic reason to do it. you want to lay your opponent 2:1. I think it's handy and fine and you guys aren't used to playing against people who routinely bet the pot.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because there's a good reason to do it doesn't mean that most players are doing it for this reason. Unfortunately, it also gives these players the opportunity to play better than they normally would if betting the pot wasn't so easy.

turnipmonster
08-05-2005, 11:18 AM
agreed.

lonn19
08-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Well said xTKOx