PDA

View Full Version : AK hand

betgo
08-04-2005, 03:20 PM
$10 rebuy on Stars. 20 players left. I am in 6th place with 120K. Blinds 2000/4000/200. 7 handed. I raise UTG to 12K with AKo. 4th position calls.

Flop JJ6s. I bet 20K. Villain reraises allin. It costs 50K to win 120K. Should I call? Should I have pushed on the flop, checked, or made a smaller continuation bet?

I think I may have been better off playing for a limpraise. I like to play AK that way sometimes. I might have won the pot preflop that way.

TomHimself
08-04-2005, 03:41 PM
looks standard, was your table very aggressive as far as preflop, if so i mightve limp reraised. i think your flop bet is fine and i think i would fold to his raise.

FrogMouth
08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
You gotta think your against a mid PP at worst. I can't see him calling from MP to try to make a move on you, its time to give up. I think you played the hand fine you could have saved yourself a couple grand by betting 16-18k not a big deal though. The limp reraise is great if the table is agressive, but your in an even worse position if your called and first to act on that flop. You still got a good stack, wait for a better chance.

Che
08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Did you consider check-call flop, lead turn? I think this reps a J much more than leading. Of course, the villain has to bet small on the flop so this may not work.

Also, what does "Flop JJ6s" mean? Double-suited with 2 spades? I'm confused.

Later,
Che

McMelchior
08-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Pot before flop t31,400.

Your probe bet t20,000 is almost 2/3 of the pot - why? Opponent has to fold (or call with worse hand) more than 2/3 or the time to make this profitable.

Flop paired in the playing zone. Unless the table have seen you play pat hands aggressively from EP previously you're giving opponent good reason to believe you don't have a J in your hand.

Opponent comes over the top. Does he have any specific reason to believe you'd fold here? Has he seen you bet/fold the flop earlier?

My guess is you're a 3:1 underdog to a pair of 88 through TT, rather than ahead of a draw. Fold.

I don't mind your PF play. But I'd much rather CR all-in on the flop than what you did.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

sekrah
08-04-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$10 rebuy on Stars. 20 players left. I am in 6th place with 120K. Blinds 2000/4000/200. 7 handed. I raise UTG to 12K with AKo. 4th position calls.

Flop JJ6s. I bet 20K. Villain reraises allin. It costs 50K to win 120K. Should I call? Should I have pushed on the flop, checked, or made a smaller continuation bet?

I think I may have been better off playing for a limpraise. I like to play AK that way sometimes. I might have won the pot preflop that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me you are kidding sir.. A call here might be the worst move in poker history.

You are not seriously passing yourself off as a legitimate tournament player on this forum, and then making ridiculous calls like this. This must be some sort of joke.

Your posts include some of the most ridiculous actions I've ever seen in a MTT..

You want to call off your whole stack with Ace-high on a J-J-x board? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

08-05-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Tell me you are kidding sir.. A call here might be the worst move in poker history.

You are not seriously passing yourself off as a legitimate tournament player on this forum, and then making ridiculous calls like this. This must be some sort of joke.

Your posts include some of the most ridiculous actions I've ever seen in a MTT..

You want to call off your whole stack with Ace-high on a J-J-x board? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Sekrah,

I think you have the capabilities to give insightful inputs in this forum. But this reply just creates animosity and does nothing positive to your image and credibility. /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

betgo
08-05-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot before flop t31,400.

Your probe bet t20,000 is almost 2/3 of the pot - why? Opponent has to fold (or call with worse hand) more than 2/3 or the time to make this profitable.

Flop paired in the playing zone. Unless the table have seen you play pat hands aggressively from EP previously you're giving opponent good reason to believe you don't have a J in your hand.

Opponent comes over the top. Does he have any specific reason to believe you'd fold here? Has he seen you bet/fold the flop earlier?

My guess is you're a 3:1 underdog to a pair of 88 through TT, rather than ahead of a draw. Fold.

I don't mind your PF play. But I'd much rather CR all-in on the flop than what you did.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded to the push. The reason I be 2/3 pot was that with the dangerous board a 1/2 pot continuation bet might be an invitation to steal. I understand that a sizeable bet gives the impression I didn't have a J, but I wanted to represent a pp and indicate I wasn't going away.

The 2/3 pot bet has to work 40% of the time to be even. A pot sized bet would need to work 50% of the time ans a half pot bet 33% of the time. This assumes you give up the pot if you are called and if you check, which is not always true.

I am not sure if I played this ideally, but I want to explain my rationale.

durron597
08-05-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sekrah,

I think you have the capabilities to give insightful inputs in this forum. But this reply just creates animosity and does nothing positive to your image and credibility. /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why for quite awhile now....

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't quote his posts.

sekrah
08-05-2005, 02:54 PM
It's a freaking joke, that this guy lectures and tells other people how horrible they are playing, when he himself doesn't know his ass from his elbow at the poker table.

SossMan
08-05-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a freaking joke, that this guy lectures and tells other people how horrible they are playing, when he himself doesn't know his ass from his elbow at the poker table.

[/ QUOTE ]

enough already, man. Can't you simply share your advice on hands w/out being such an [censored]? We get it, it's the internet and you can insult people without consequence but it doesn't mean that you have to take advantage of this liberty.

Hardly anyone else has a problem with acting civil on here, but apparently you feel the need to attack someone when they don't agree with you.

Seriously, enough.

sekrah
08-05-2005, 03:13 PM
First, Where were you when I was being insulted by The Raging Lunatic a.k.a. betgo?

Second, I'm just having fun, relax.. He's a big boy, I'm sure he can handle it. Half of what I post is theatre.

betgo
08-05-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First, Where were you when I was being insulted by The Raging Lunatic a.k.a. betgo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this where I insulted you? I didn't mean to insult you. I just strongly disagreed with your analysis.

Criticism of sekhah (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=3020209&F orum=f9&Words=WSOP&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3015 081&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=15031&daterange =1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bod yprev=#Post3020209)

durron597
08-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Please edit your post using the URL instant UBB code so that it doesn't horizontal scroll.

http://www.stwing.org/~martinja/url.jpg

SossMan
08-05-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Half of what I post is theatre.

[/ QUOTE ]

half?

reecelights
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
I work in Theatre and am Insulted by this comment. Your posts tend to be far more Reality TV than theatre.