PDA

View Full Version : Money question

08-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Dear Two plus Two members,

I have recently been reading in magazines about PartyPoker. I am interested in opening an account. I am willing to deposit $5 into PartyPoker. Any suggestions on what games to play. I am in financial difficulties at the moment so was planning to try to turn my $5 into about $10,000 by the end of the year as a side income to my benefits. I have bad debts and really need to win this money.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

Chris

jba
08-04-2005, 02:02 PM
your best bet (http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/)

SayGN
08-04-2005, 02:30 PM
I hope you are joking.

I know 3 things:

1) You cannot deposit only $5 into party poker. (I'm pretty sure $50 is the minimum.)

2) Judging you simply on this post, you know very little about the game and you will lose that $5 very quickly.

3) With your limited knowledge about the game, you will think that the $5 you just lost was bad luck and will then deposit another $5. You can wave good bye to that too.

Poker takes time, patience, and practice. If you are an amatuer who is desperate to win this money, you have already lost.

Parts of this response may seem a bit rude and insulting to you, but this right here is me being absolutely serious: If you have bad debts, then you cannot afford to lose a single dollar. Nobody wins in online poker right off the bat. To win consistently takes more knowledge and understanding about the game than you could even imagine. For somebody who is new to the online poker scene, turning $5 into $10,000 by the end of the year would take a miracle. It is in your best interests that you choose not to play. I think the majority of the posters on this forum will agree with what I have said. I hope you take this advice to heart.

wegs the wegs
08-04-2005, 02:48 PM
The only way a person gets rich quickly is through the lottery. Everything else takes a lot of time. Everything else.

$5 into $10k in 5 months is not impossible, but even the best of poker players would find it difficult. All it takes is one bad beat at the start and you're out of luck.

Gambling is not the way to get out of debt. Get a job, if that's not enough get another job. Do not do what you hope to accomplish by turning $5 into your clean slate.

tworooks
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
lol

dealer_toe
08-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I'll stake you! PM me for details!

08-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Thank you for the replies.

I will try to watch more poker on television and read this forum. Ive spent a lot of time today reading this forum trying to learn. I will carry on reading this forum and with the dealer_toe offering to stake me i should be able to play both a good game with some dollars behind me.

Thank you again,

Chris

J Mac
08-04-2005, 05:50 PM
http://mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/you-not-funny.jpg

dealer_toe
08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
I'll buy 10% of your proposed $5 bankroll. If all goes like you say, I'll be a thousandaire!!!

Budget Boy
08-05-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
proposed $5 bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

These words look funny together.

spaminator101
08-05-2005, 04:40 PM
your crazy to think you can turn 5$in to 10000
thats like what money maker did and that was the wsop
you are not going to succeed and i dont think youll get a dime youll probably lose too much money doing this
poker is not a game for financially troubled people

balt999
08-05-2005, 05:13 PM
This is the funniest post I've read in the long time, probably cause he's serious... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

timprov
08-05-2005, 05:18 PM
The people saying you can't turn $5 into $10,000 are funnier than the original post.

(I turned $0 into $10,000 in less than a year, btw.)

climber
08-05-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The people saying you can't turn $5 into $10,000 are funnier than the original post.

(I turned $0 into $10,000 in less than a year, btw.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly I'm 0 to 20k in about 9 months.

dealer_toe
08-05-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the funniest post I've read in the long time, probably cause he's serious... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...yea, he actually pm'd me.

tonypaladino
08-05-2005, 11:30 PM
http://trephination.net/gallery/macros/capacity.jpg

08-07-2005, 08:40 PM
I would firstly like to begin by saying to those who appear to be trying to mock me, could you please not.
Just to update those who did give me helpful tips, ive been playing on pokerroom.com with their 'play money'. Ive read so much on this site i have to admit its been a bit too much to take in, especially in such a short time span. But ive been trying the single table tournaments no limit. Ive been doing suprisingly well as some of the players i dont think take it very seriously, but out of the twelve ive done ive had one win, three 3rds, three 4ths, one 6th, one 8th and 3 9ths (those were my earlier tournaments).
i feel with the use of this message board and experience with play money in a few weeks hopefully ill take the step of going to play the $5 single table tournaments.

I hope you are all having good fortune on the poker tables.