PDA

View Full Version : Please help with this hand

holman3rd
08-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Sorry about not using the converter. This is from the Party $20 MTT last night and plugging the HH into the converter keeps giving me "Internal Server Error".

Anyway, I just got moved to this table, so I have no reads.

Villian: UTG with 1710
MP1 has 1750
SB is me with 2710. (a little below average and my "M" is about 12).

Blinds are 75/150.

UTG min raises to 300.
Folded to MP1 who calls.
Folded to me with AKo.

What's by best play here? I'll post what I did and the results later.

THanks.

holman3rd
08-04-2005, 03:35 PM
anyone?

TomHimself
08-04-2005, 03:36 PM
i would push

woodguy
08-04-2005, 05:00 PM
There is 825 in the pot when it gets to you, which represents a nice increase in your stack.

Pushing all in maximizes your FE as they have to call off all their chips to play.

You are only significantly behind AA and KK which you having one of each reduces the likely hood that UTG has either one.

MP probably doesn't have them either with his flat call unless he being tricky and trapping.

I push, quickly.

Regards,
Woodguy

holman3rd
08-04-2005, 06:48 PM
I re-raised to 950, and right after I did that I thought, "Wtf did you do that for?"

I realized I pot-committed myself and should have just pushed. He came over the top all-in and it was an auto-call for me (i assume it was).

He had KK. (not being results oriented, as I realize that in these tournaments you can't always be afraid of KK or AA being out against you in this situation unless you have a good read on the villian--which I didn't)

Given the blind structure of the party tournaments, I'd do it again (well, push that is).

Thanks.