PDA

View Full Version : Party 55, Pot odds (pot committed) to make this call....

rohjoh
08-04-2005, 01:39 PM
***** Hand History for Game 2469450923 *****
50/100 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 14500366) - Wed Aug 03 01:22:40 EDT 2005
Table Table 11094 (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 2: gethro (843)
Seat 4: Taftie (3539)
Seat 5: roodjd (1165)
Seat 6: AASpadeAA (1294)
Seat 7: dickiedavis (1516)
Seat 9: KardiacKats (761)
Seat 10: Pheasy22 (882)
Pheasy22 posts small blind (25)
gethro posts big blind (50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to KardiacKats [ Tc, 9c ]
Taftie folds.
roodjd folds.
AASpadeAA folds.
dickiedavis raises (100) to 100
KardiacKats calls (100)
Pheasy22 folds.
gethro raises (275) to 325
dickiedavis calls (225)
KardiacKats calls (225)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2d, Qs, Jh ]
gethro bets (518)
gethro is all-In.
dickiedavis calls (518)
KardiacKats???

tigerite
08-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Ever consider folding preflop? Ugh, this is awful.

Maulik
08-04-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ever consider folding preflop? Ugh, this is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, this is an easy muck!

Now you've put yourself in a terrible situation where you've committed lots of chips and are going to be laid or is it layed??? proper odds to call.
Now, if you had a deeper stack and betting on the turn would ensue, you'd have to muck.

tigerite
08-04-2005, 01:47 PM
He was committed preflop by putting in 325 of his 761 with, for some god knows what reason, T9s. This is the kind of play I expect from the fish at the $11 tables, no offence.

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 01:49 PM
I don't think you could play this more loose-passive if you tried.

Fold PF. But if you wanted to splash around and call the min-raise, at least fold the to the re-raise! You put about half your stack in PF with a mid-suited connector... that's just asking for it. If you're not going to call that flop, I don't know why you invested so much.

rohjoh
08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was committed preflop by putting in 325 of his 761 with, for some god knows what reason, T9s. This is the kind of play I expect from the fish at the $11 tables, no offence.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence taken, Plan was to call the 100, and push the flop if it was low,hit me, or I had a good draw. When it was reraised, and then called by orginal raiser, it was 225 to win 950, and I had to call with the odds I was getting.

AliasMrJones
08-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Fold to the first raise preflop. Then drop down to the $11's. Seriously dude, if you think this is anything close to reasonable play you're way over your head in the $55's.

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it was 225 to win 950, and I had to call with the odds I was getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't overemphasize pot odds. It's a tourament, not a cash game, remember that.

For instance, if you have 22 in the BB in Level 1, and everyone goes all in in front of you, no matter what anyone has (unless 1 person flashed 22), you would be getting odds to call here. But it's a clear fold.

Not to mention... you're really not getting odds to call here anyway.

AliasMrJones
08-04-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plan was to call the 100, and push the flop if it was low,hit me, or I had a good draw. When it was reraised, and then called by orginal raiser, it was 225 to win 950, and I had to call with the odds I was getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This plan is suicide. Blinds are only 25/50 -- you're nowhere near desperate. t9s is a mediocre hand. Why do you want to get all funky with it? You really shouldn't be playing the $55's if you think this is a good plan.

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really shouldn't be playing the $55's if you think this is a good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't disagree more. He leaves, my ROI plummets.

AliasMrJones
08-04-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about that. But, we're all friends here on 2+2, right? If he weren't my friend, I'd tell him what a cool, gutsy play it is.

bennies
08-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I fold this preflop. If I accidentally call then I'll fold the reraise to 325 (still preflop). Should I somehow make this call also I'd call the allin on the flop because of pot odds. With a little luck you have 8 outs and probably also some runner runner combinations (trips/ two pair).

KramerTM
08-04-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about that. But, we're all friends here on 2+2, right? If he weren't my friend, I'd tell him what a cool, gutsy play it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. After all, the 2+2 mantra is, "We're all friends until someone leaves town, changes their name, and makes off with you're $2K stake."

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rohjoh
08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plan was to call the 100, and push the flop if it was low,hit me, or I had a good draw. When it was reraised, and then called by orginal raiser, it was 225 to win 950, and I had to call with the odds I was getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This plan is suicide. Blinds are only 25/50 -- you're nowhere near desperate. t9s is a mediocre hand. Why do you want to get all funky with it? You really shouldn't be playing the $55's if you think this is a good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a standard play for me, but I also think waiting until you are desperate to make a play is suicide also. As far as playing the $55, I have over 5000 played at this level, and I am doing just fine. I posted this hand because, it was so far from my normal play.

AliasMrJones
08-04-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I also think waiting until you are desperate to make a play is suicide also.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. When I say desparate, I mean something like 5xBB. Below that you're the walking dead. If you did this as an experiment to see what would happen, fine, but if you have any notion that this might be a correct play in a Party SnG I think you're waaaaaay off base.

MeanGreenTT
08-04-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.....When it was reraised, and then called by orginal raiser, it was 225 to win 950, and I had to call with the odds I was getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should know the answer....

pokerraja
08-04-2005, 02:50 PM
I have a big problem reading this post. He obviously misplayed this hand. He had a few options and he picked the worst ones. First off, I muck this hand preflop from this position. If he was in late position then presumable he could steal, with a solid raise.

Now to my problem, who in the hell do the people here think they are telling someone what limits they should play? Lets keep in mind not everyone here is a college kid with no bankroll, or a broke adult with no job. If someone wants to play $55's and they have the money to play it, let them. All we should reasonalby doing is helping them play better. Now if OP was asking what limits he should be playing then by all means. But lets stop this non-sense right now, its just rediculous.