PDA

View Full Version : $109s - SB Bluff

Unarmed
08-04-2005, 12:31 PM
DISCLAIMER: I am still learning how to bluff/steal pots/etc. Looking for help on how to think about hands like this.

Villain has tried to buy the pot before with a min bet and had his hand smacked with a raise from someone else. I will stop and go like this often if I suspect a bluff, but I'd like everyone's thoughts on doing it on a two-flushed board. Generally, if I have two pair here I'm going to C/R the flop, but perhaps I should vary my play more in that situation. Also looking for help on the turn bet size. I normally stick with an amount that looks like it wants a call.

And finally, should I even bother bluffing flops like this? I don't like the fact that two spades is committed to calling the hand down most times, putting me in a real awkward situation OOP.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t400)
MP2 (t1510)
CO (t2645)
Button (t1355)
SB (t1475)
Hero (t910)
UTG (t885)
UTG+1 (t820)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t50</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t50.

Turn: (t250) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t250</font>, Hero folds.

08-04-2005, 12:47 PM
I would call your bluff like the villain did, because a strong hand would likely try to check-raise the flop here instead of betting 1/2 pot into the flop bettor. Also, I think its too early in the tournament and not such a big pot to take the risk. At this stage and blind level I would likely just fold on the flop. I may be wrong.

Irieguy
08-04-2005, 01:09 PM
The rhythm of this hand is such that you should probably just check-call the turn (a reasonable bet).

You have a lot of bluff outs on the river (any spade, 8, 3 or 4), and an ace is probably a true out.

If the river falls wrong, you may just have to give up, but you're a favorite to win this pot if you call the turn and bet the right amount on the river.

The way you played the turn, with that board... it's very unlikely that you have a hand that can stand a raise. When you have to fold to a min-raise on the turn, you are getting pwned.

Irieguy

Newt_Buggs
08-04-2005, 03:29 PM
IMO if you think that its a position bet steal then just checkraise the flop.