PDA

View Full Version : Worst Musical Decade?

Clarkmeister
08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Take your pick.

swede123
08-04-2005, 11:12 AM
I voted 00s. Mainstream music is definitely getting crappier as time goes by.

Swede

Rev. Good Will
08-04-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted 00s. Mainstream music is definitely getting crappier as time goes by.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Well done, Clark. Well done.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Clark is wrong about the 80s according to his data?

Indy

Clarkmeister
08-04-2005, 11:15 AM
BTW, I'm not sure yet, but I think voting for the 60's, 70's or 90's is an ignorable offense.

lucas9000
08-04-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

put away the jump to conclusions mat...there are only 19 votes in right now.

RunDownHouse
08-04-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark's post: 10:08AM.

Your post: 10:14AM.

Give it just a minute or two more, skippy.

swede123
08-04-2005, 11:17 AM
How can anyone possibly vote the 70s. So much good rock came out in this decade it shouldn't even be a choice for this poll. Shame on you!

Swede

TheMainEvent
08-04-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
put away the jump to conclusions mat

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

Laomedon
08-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Easily the 80s if only due to the clothes people wore while making the music.

TheMainEvent
08-04-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone possibly vote the 70s. So much good rock came out in this decade it shouldn't even be a choice for this poll. Shame on you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm not a big classic rock fan but even I know that this isn't the right answer.

Clarkmeister
08-04-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make you a bet. If the 80's gets less votes than the 90's, I'll quit the forum. If the 90's get less, you quit.

Deal?

imported_The Vibesman
08-04-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted the 70's. Other than Springsteen and The Kinks, I have a hard time remembering who the good rock bands from the 70's were. Seemed like a time for disco, weak funk (even James Brown started to calm down) the start of hair bands and glam rock, and some half decent punk music. I was born in the middle of the decade tho, so that might have something to do with it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-04-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted the 70's. Other than Springsteen and The Kinks, I have a hard time remembering who the good rock bands from the 70's were. Seemed like a time for disco, weak funk (even James Brown started to calm down) the start of hair bands and glam rock, and some half decent punk music. I was born in the middle of the decade tho, so that might have something to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about Aerosmith? Led Zeppelin? Queen?

Clarkmeister
08-04-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a hard time remembering who the good rock bands from the 70's were.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, try harder. Some fairly good bands had some fairly good albums in that decade. I'll let others elaborate.

lucas9000
08-04-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he should watch dazed and confused at least, then get back to us.

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll make you a bet. If the 80's gets less votes than the 90's, I'll quit the forum. If the 90's get less, you quit.

Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to bet the 80's gets more votes than the 90's and 00's combined.

lucas9000
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to bet the 80's gets more votes than the 90's and 00's combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the bet? i'm interested.

nolanfan34
08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Can I change my vote? I voted the 00's, mostly because I think today's commercial music is crap. But after reading the responses in the thread that inspired this one - especially seeing that list of top-50 songs of 1989 - I'm thinking 80's is the clear choice.

sfer
It's the 80s but I have too much nostalgia to stop listening to it.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were pretty bad, but not really any worse than what they're wearing now.

Piiop
08-04-2005, 11:27 AM
It's kind of hard to judge this type of thing, especially for us younger people. Most don't really a lot about the terrible music coming from the older decades for obvious reasons. Everyone knows all about the great music and whatnot, but that's the only thing that comes to mind when you ask this question. You have to evaluate all the music from the particular decade, and that's tough to do when you don't know all that much about it.

For the 00's and 90's, sure there's tons of shitty pop and other crappy music, but there are tons of really good artists/groups making really good music.

Also, how many times has this poll been done?

Clarkmeister
08-04-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm waiting.

Hamish McBagpipe
08-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Heh, I dislike mouth-breathin slope-headed classic-rock listeners, but it is still impossible to say the 70s is the worst. Maybe if you have to name the decade or basic genre (hair-metal, grunge, new wave, etc.) that you most of what you listen to comes from we can all judge each other's bad taste accordingly.

imported_The Vibesman
08-04-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he should watch dazed and confused at least, then get back to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Queen. Pompous. I know, Mercury's a good singer and all, but I just hate their songs. Zeppelin I liked when I was a teenager but nowadays I feel like I'm being whacked over the head with a riff. I can still listen to a few songs, but generally I don't listen to them anymore. Plus I always thought of them as a 60's band. I also used to like Aerosmith's 70's stuff, esp. Toys In The Attic, but nowadays they seem very bland and boring. The Stones without the good lyrics.
Skynyrd was good, I always liked them, esp. the Gimme Back My Bullets record. Used to like the Allmans a lot too. Lately though I've been listening to stuff w/ a bit more soul.

stinkypete
08-04-2005, 11:31 AM
the answer is the 80s. it's not close.

daveymck
08-04-2005, 11:32 AM
I think it depends on your musical tastes really form my Heavy Metal/Hard Rock point of view I have to vote for the 60's, the 90's were not fantastic mainstream metal wise but there was a lot of good underground stuff coming out of Sweden and Norway even if it never made it to the states, 70's 80's and now well to much good stuff going on.

SO I have to vote 60's.

durron597
08-04-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

SO I have to vote 60's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion is wrong.

lucas9000
08-04-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this MUST be a joke.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Now why the hell would I make that bet? This data is obviously biased by the avg. age of the typical OOT poster.
Just look at the kind of stuff that gets discussed here. Poopers, Chinese food, and weed. Come on man.

Indy

Clarkmeister
08-04-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now why the hell would I make that bet? This data is obviously biased by the avg. age of the typical OOT poster.
Just look at the kind of stuff that gets discussed here. Poopers, Chinese food, and weed. Come on man.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, Captain Maturity.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Just look at the 90s bar. Can you really tell me that age is not a confounding factor in this data?

Indy

BoogerFace
08-04-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a hard time remembering who the good rock bands from the 70's were.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, try harder. Some fairly good bands had some fairly good albums in that decade. I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but a lot of bands sucked too. After listening to 3 seconds of Saturday Night Fever, any rational person would want to blow their brains out.

Every decade has at least a couple of good bands, but this thread is about the worst music from a single decade.

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this MUST be a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

To start with...PULL YOUR DAMN PANTS UP!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40815000/jpg/_40815257_underwearbig203.jpg

Then there's Gwen (yes I'm blind) Stefani, Christina (what the [censored] was she thinking) Aguillera, etc etc. Maybe not quite as bad as the 80s, but a lot of them are pretty damn close.

Clarkmeister
08-04-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just look at the 90s bar. Can you really tell me that age is not a confounding factor in this data?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

By that logic, the 00's line should also be small.

Look, age is always a factor in these polls, this has been proven countless times. But this time, your case holds no water.

M2d
08-04-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SO I have to vote 60's.

[/ QUOTE ]
what you have to do is leave the forum, the site and the internet.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I said confounding, not controlling. Dude the 00s are so bad you would have to be deaf not to vote in that category.

Indy

Indiana
08-04-2005, 11:53 AM
The 60s were very rich with well written music. If you vote 60s you prolly very young or very ignorant of music. Beatles? Doors? Hendrix? Hello out there? Did I mention Hendrix?

Indy

TheMainEvent
08-04-2005, 11:54 AM

NO. It's a completely legitimate scientific study. How dare you question the results of an OOT poll.

Clarkmeister
08-04-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I said confounding, not controlling. Dude the 00s are so bad you would have to be deaf not to vote in that category.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost more so than the 80's apparently.

Bulldog
[ QUOTE ]
It's the 80s but I have too much nostalgia to stop listening to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it sucks but it's mine.

Indiana
lol. Now that's funny.

Indy

Maulik
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong in this thread as you are in the other thread.

The 80's sucked! I think with only five years through this decade I'll give the next 5 a chance, I think things will shine through. If not, I'll just keep listening to my classic rock & brit rock.

Laomedon
08-04-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really prefer this

http://www.bobgruen.com/files/asst/R.072%20FREDDY%20MERCURY%20MSG%2077.jpg

over this?

http://as.wn.com/i/13/c9fa0b08484584.jpg

Paxosmotic
I voted 70s. You had the New York Dolls and the Germs for underground music but that was about it. Anyone voting the 00s simply isn't looking hard enough. The amount of incredible music that comes out in any given week is staggering. The Go Team, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Grandaddy, Xiu Xiu, it goes on and on. I'm sorry that the radio doesn't play great music but you could go to the trouble of listening to the good music.

Cancer Merchant
[ QUOTE ]

To start with...PULL YOUR DAMN PANTS UP!

Then there's Gwen (yes I'm blind) Stefani, Christina (what the [censored] was she thinking) Aguillera, etc etc. Maybe not quite as bad as the 80s, but a lot of them are pretty damn close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Today's clothes may be ill-fitting, but at least they don't destroy my TV's color settings like 80s bands did. Fluorescent armbands, legwarmers, and makeup, oh my!

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Good point. The plum smuggler tights were extremely disturbing.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Clothes are a different argument and I'm not goin with the 80s there.

Indy

Laomedon
08-04-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good point. The plum smuggler tights were extremely disturbing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I vomited a little bit in my mouth when I found that pic.

Laomedon
08-04-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clothes are a different argument and I'm not goin with the 80s there.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

There's actually an interesting argument that can be made that links clothing styles to musical styles. Is it merely coincidence that with every distinct contemporary musical period there is a concomitant association with a particular style of dress? I think not.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:04 PM
true. But I still think that one decade can have the coolest clothes and the worst music.

Indy

Laomedon
08-04-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
true. But I still think that one decade can have the coolest clothes and the worst music.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm not saying that cool clothes necessarily equate to good music, however I am saying that it's hard to take music seriously when you're performing in one-piece spandex whatever that thing is. Obviously, I think many people would agree that Nirvana and the whole grunge period produced some decent music (in the 90s I might add) and that they didn't necessarily have the greatest sense of style (although that was part of the point), but I don't really believe that I can think of many examples of people wearing absolutely retarded [censored] while managing to produce excellent music. Please point out an exception for me because I could just be blanking on this.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Boy this was a fun thread...Maybe I'll have to open my mind a little to the 90s-00s since a lot of people disagree. Hmmmm where will I start with my new CD collection? How about Vanilla Ice or Right Said Fred...Hell screw it, I'm going straight to the Celine Dion section!

Indy

Soul Daddy
08-04-2005, 12:13 PM
No, just keep being a closed-minded, ignorant fool, making fun of what you don't understand. It suits you well.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Absolutely no one who knows me well would say I'm close-minded.

Indy

Soul Daddy
08-04-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yet absolutely everyone who has read these two threads would.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:18 PM
hey screw u buddy:)

Indy

daveymck
08-04-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SO I have to vote 60's.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why what bands in the 60's really shaped metal? Sabbath and Zeppelin I would class more as 70's bands, Hendrix musicianship maybe but apart from that I cant think of anyone else.

I still say 60's based on my musical tastes 70's all the older heaveyweights came along plus punk and Maiden, the 80's were probably metals greatest years, 90's not fantastic but still a lot of good stuff and now I think the euro metal scene is in great shape.

SO still 60's and I aint going nowhere.

08-04-2005, 12:24 PM
concomitant...isn't that a pretty big word for an 8 year old?

daveymck
08-04-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Boy this was a fun thread...Maybe I'll have to open my mind a little to the 90s-00s since a lot of people disagree. Hmmmm where will I start with my new CD collection? How about Vanilla Ice or Right Said Fred...Hell screw it, I'm going straight to the Celine Dion section!

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

THe thing is about the 60's though you only nowadays hear the classics the stuff that has stood the test of time there was still loads of [censored] bands that were popular and sold records in those days.

ChoicestHops
08-04-2005, 12:25 PM
The 60's? Wow, stop listening to music.

This is easily the 80's.

RunDownHouse
08-04-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hey screw u buddy:)

[/ QUOTE ]

daveymck
08-04-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is easily the 80's.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 80's brought me Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, Queensryche etc etc etc and Guns and Roses there was no better time in metal, as I said MY musical tastes.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Dude metal began in the 60s. Ever heard of the Who?

Indy

ChoicestHops
08-04-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as I said MY musical tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You musical tastes are bad for saying the 60's had the worst music. The 60's are responsible for every good band since then.

Laomedon
08-04-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:33 PM
agree to disagree about the 60s, but at least we're on the same page with the 80s.

Indy

Claunchy
08-04-2005, 12:37 PM
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3052270&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

CallMeIshmael
08-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Anyone not voting for the 80s is retarded.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Sorry to get you worked up. Maybe I got a litte emotional here in this thread. I will say that you are OBVIOUSLY wrong. Marketing and our economy has the ability to influence the creativity that you will find in the CDs available for purchase. Just like construction, they don't make em like they used to my friend.

Indy

Claunchy
08-04-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to get you worked up. Maybe I got a litte emotional here in this thread. I will say that you are OBVIOUSLY wrong. Marketing and our economy has the ability to influence the creativity that you will find in the CDs available for purchase. Just like construction, they don't make em like they used to my friend.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
Influence, yes. Negate/diminish, prove it.

08-04-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

you saw the joke in OOT the other day right? that was the punchline but the word wasn't concomitant

maryfield48
08-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Easily the 80s. Notwithstanding Prince.

daveymck
08-04-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as I said MY musical tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You musical tastes are bad for saying the 60's had the worst music. The 60's are responsible for every good band since then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noone said best influences. There are very few bands in the 60's that were metal even if there were some like the Who, Hendrix et who influenced what was to follow.

Myabe its my European slant on things as we get a load of music that never makes its way stateside.

As far as pop music goes the late 90's early '00s have to be the worst for that, I think we are ahead of you in that cycle we have had all the manufactured pop idol rubbish (we had 3 or 4 before it went stateside) and mindless dance music is on the wane and the kids are back in their garages playing instruments and forming bands again which is coming through in the UK indie scene. In the US from what I can gather dance music is rising in popularity with Vegas taking over form Ibiza and other euro places as the in place for dance.

Laomedon
08-04-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

you saw the joke in OOT the other day right? that was the punchline but the word wasn't concomitant

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I knew what you were going for, and maybe I chuckled a little bit.

zephed
08-04-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted 70s. You had the New York Dolls and the Germs for underground music but that was about it. Anyone voting the 00s simply isn't looking hard enough. The amount of incredible music that comes out in any given week is staggering. The Go Team, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Grandaddy, Xiu Xiu, it goes on and on. I'm sorry that the radio doesn't play great music but you could go to the trouble of listening to the good music.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's cool if you aren't into Zep, but it is ignorant to not acknowledge them as one of the greatest rock 'n' roll artists.

EDIT: The 80's, easily the worst.

EliteNinja
08-04-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really prefer this

http://www.bobgruen.com/files/asst/R.072%20FREDDY%20MERCURY%20MSG%2077.jpg

over this?

http://as.wn.com/i/13/c9fa0b08484584.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

HELL YEAH

RacersEdge
08-04-2005, 06:15 PM
With the 80s having maybe the 3 best American rock bands in their prime with VH, Aerosmith, and GnR, it's enough to blow away anyting recently or throughout most of the 90s.

tdp
08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
Even though I'd like to,how can you forget disco?

webmonarch
08-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Definitely 00s. I've found I'm getting into international stuff (eurodance, etc.) cause recent music is crap. 90s was one of the best, and I think 70s and 80s were good too.

Dr. StrangeloveX
08-04-2005, 06:46 PM
80s sucked so hard. and not it a good way.

tdp
08-04-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SO I have to vote 60's.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why what bands in the 60's really shaped metal?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're only talking about metal then you have no business in a thread about musical tastes.

tdp
08-04-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The 80's brought me Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, Queensryche etc etc etc and Guns and Roses there was no better time in metal, as I said MY musical tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah but are you still 15?

James Boston
08-04-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
think it depends on your musical tastes really form my Heavy Metal/Hard Rock point of view I have to vote for the 60's,

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense whatsoever. Metal didn't exist in the 60's, but that hardly makes it a decade void of quality music.

stinkypete
08-06-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is easily the 80's.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

80s metallica is quite possibly the best music of all time, but it still doesnt make up for all the crap that was put out in that decade.

Nottom
08-06-2005, 10:22 PM
00s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 60s

Worst to first.

Late 90s almost push it below the 80s, but the late 80s make up for that by sucking just as bad.

I actually like a lot of the early mid-eighties music even if it is mostly fluff. Its at least good fluff compared to the crap out now. You also have early rap groups like NWA, Run DMC, and the Beasties that completely blow away all the thugs in todays "rap".

As for the 70s ... Disco pretty much killed any good things that happened in that era.

KDawgCometh
08-06-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 60s were very rich with well written music. If you vote 60s you prolly very young or very ignorant of music. Beatles? Doors? Hendrix? Hello out there? Did I mention Hendrix?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

and you left out van morrison and bob dylan

KDawgCometh
08-06-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, I'd consider radiohead and the Flaming Lips 90s instead of 00's, just like I'd consider the Police 80s instead of 70s. Don't ask me to make full sense of it, Its just what I associate the bigger decade for one band, or when the became uber big

KDawgCometh
08-06-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone not voting for the 80s is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

80s was a close second. HOnestly, outside of some of the indie rock that has started to come to fruit recently, what good music has come from the past five years. Seriously, horribly bad boy bands, rap degenerating into absolute crap, R&B being completely destroyed from what it was, and almost anything on MTV. THere are some good brit rock bands that have happened recently, and a few other american bands, but this decade so far has been complete crap. The 80s were bad, but this decade has shat on alot of music lore

chunk
08-07-2005, 03:47 AM
obviously pre-christ, prolly around 29,000 BC

Max Raker
08-07-2005, 07:05 AM
I might have to vote for the 70s. The key points being the break up of the Beatles, Hendrix/Morrison/Janis dying and Altamont. Name that many bad things for music to start another deacade?

And I wasn't alive till the 80s.

fimbulwinter
08-07-2005, 07:13 AM
8-0s

i kinda take th fact that a poll was needed as an insult to the twoplus communit in general. this one is no contest.

fim

Bluffoon
08-07-2005, 08:12 AM
I was born in 1962 to I have lived through all of these eras and take my word its 70's and by a mile.

Cmon the 70's was the disco era for christsakes. Even the Rolling Stones sucked during the 70's.

ChipWrecked
08-07-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense whatsoever. Metal didn't exist in the 60's, but that hardly makes it a decade void of quality music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Led Zeppelin released I and II in 1969, thus begatting Metal.

FYP.

jakethebake
08-07-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you really consider these metal?

ChipWrecked
08-07-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the three-chord thrash that's played today, but I consider them the 'birth' of metal, yes.

jakethebake
08-07-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the three-chord thrash that's played today, but I consider them the 'birth' of metal, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the trash that's played today is why I choose not to consider them metal.