PDA

View Full Version : A trend Ive noticed at the $11s

08-04-2005, 10:21 AM
NO, THERE NOT GETTING TOUGHER! (please people when can we all accept this.)

What I have noticed about my own play is this:

Every night Im able to get in between 10-15 games(3tabling). I fire up my last two at the end of the session, and check my BR to see how Ive done for the night. Usually, Ive broken even, The strange thing is; I almost always win one of those last two, or place in both of them, giving me a positive night of 3-4 buyins or 20-30% roi.

Does anyone else have this tendancy to win consistently at the end of a session, or am I some sort of freak of nature?

Maulik
08-04-2005, 10:23 AM
this does NOT have any statistical significance.

=\

samr
08-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Coincidence.

Hornacek
Maybe its because you don't stop until you've won... lol?

Maulik
Either that or you are playing closer to optimal after realising you've played 12 tournaments and been near break-even.

Mr_J
08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Yes, but only because I tend to finish up for the day on a high note. This isn't at the $11s...

ldavidjm
08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Actually my worst results are at the end of a session. This might have something to do with my tendancy to quit after a couple bad beats but I'd prefer to just think the site is rigged.

GtrHtr
08-04-2005, 11:54 AM
The month of July I noticed the same thing in almost every session, finishing OOTM in the first 50-60% of my games then getting a couple of 3d's a second or two and a first or two at the end.

I looked at my HH's and was basically 50-50 playing bad and taking bad beats when I started off. As the session progressed, I was mentally fixing my leaks and adjusting - thus improving my results. I now make sure I am mentally prepared to play before I fire up my first set. I think through how I'll play various hands in early play (PP's to what level and what position, AKo etc) and go with the plan of the day. Decisions are much quicker and so far I'm not playing catch up with results much anymore.

downtown
08-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Maybe it's because you play only 2 at the end of a session instead of 3?

Nah, here is the real thing this should mean to you:

It means you should rethink your strategy just play an infinite string of "end of session" games, thus achieving the ever heralded 212% ROI. Seriously!

08-04-2005, 11:58 AM
I also had this same problem. I think it is a common beginner LEAKKKK and that it must be fixed before progressing your game can go any further.

I no longer have this leak, and make sure I am ready to win right from the start (Also, I don't get cocky with results, I play each game the same... that was another leak of mine, but that is for another thread /images/graemlins/wink.gif).

jeffraider
08-04-2005, 12:19 PM
My last couple tend to be winners as well and that's because I play sets of four and two normally get knocked out before they make it too far, and my last two are normally ones that have a really good shot at getting ITM.