PDA

View Full Version : How badly did I play this?

08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Soory about doing this from memory, but I'm at work and wondering: Was this just bad play on my part?

last night Pary 20+2 SnG

second hand of the tourney so absolutely no reads on any players.

10 players left and I'm MP3 with Q,Q

UTG and UTG+1 fold. UTG+2 raises to 75. MP1 and MP2 call. I raise to 200.

CO and button fold. sb folds, bb calls.

Pot is now 625

Flop: 10, K, x rainbow (x may have been a four)

checks around to MP2 who rasies 125. I call. Everyone else calls.

Turn: rag

Checks around to MP2 who goes all in.

What do you do?

Will post results later

Thanks in advance

tigerite
08-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Preflop, I think you should just push. 75*3 = 225 plus the 25 in from blinds = 250. This is easily enough for me to just get it all in the middle.

Maulik
08-04-2005, 10:15 AM
There are many ways to play this hand. I like your re-raise to 200, nothing wrong with that. With the high card king you can almost rest assured someone has a king four handed, and muck on the flop. Pushing is also an option if you so desire.

Maulik
08-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Playing like Tiger isn't bad and perhaps what I would do?

08-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Assume you didnt push, would you have reraised after the flop?

The K in the flop got me worried about a check raise. MP2 didnt scare me, his bet was too low, but was worried about the others.

Would you have called the all-in after the turn?

tigerite
08-04-2005, 10:18 AM
I'd have probably let it go on the flop, I doubt he will bet into you as you reraised preflop without a K. I suspect he has KQ or AK here. Perhaps a set of tens, even. Especially these small 'probe' bets, they don't always mean weakness, and usually mean they want to string people along to get more in the pot.

I wouldn't call the turn, assuming I got there, simply because of the number of people still to act after me. I would have to think one has a K if MP2 doesn't and will call the push.

08-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Ok, so my first mistake was calling the flop bet. I took it as weakness, a feeler bet to see if someone came over the top. I put MP2 on either a pair oftens or two overcards and drawing.

His all in i took as a steal after everyone checked to him. I know people slow play top pair, butkeeping 4 players around seems stupid.

I called the all in. So did MP1

River was a rag.

My Qs held up against MP1's A,4 suited (low pair and flush draw) and MP2's A,J (straight draw).

Afterwards, all I could think was that i got lucky.

tigerite
08-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Hmm. Admittedly, sometimes the small bet is that of someone on a draw. It's just unusual to see from someone acting late (and obviously, he is a donk, to call with that crap preflop). Tough call, not sure it's one I would have liked to make, especially with so many still to act after me. What the hell was AJ thinking though? 5 outs with one card to come (3 A, 2 Q). Oh, dear.

08-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Afterward, I ussumed it was a straight bluuf with the A,J.

better question is what was the A,$ doing calling to all-ins with low pair?

tigerite
08-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Not a clue. But if they are that bad, they'd probably have called an all-in preflop as well.