PDA

View Full Version : Taxes in Sweden

Sabrazack
08-04-2005, 06:24 AM
I have no idea where to post this question, so ill try here. My question is if someone here from sweden can clarify whether i need to pay taxes for my poker winnings or not. Tried searching for an answer, but could not find one specifically for Sweden. Thanks.

MyMindIsGoing
08-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Latest I read (I think it was in DN) was that they are only after they high earning pros. Casual players and semipros have nothing to worry about. I am from Sweden and I never paied any taxes for my pokerwinnings for years and had no trouble with it, I only make a few thousand kronor per month though.

Sabrazack
08-04-2005, 07:27 AM
I wonder if they will care about my 2-3000$ per month then. I really hope not. Maybe i should ask some consultant or something, seems like abit of a twilight zone.

AndreasG
08-04-2005, 07:46 AM
If you play at a poker room located (licensed) within the European Union there is no tax. I have printed out a few.
- MultiPoker
- PartyPoker
- Expekt
- Ladbrokes

proberly more. Unsure of B2B network

Andreas

Freudian
08-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Pokerstars and 24h are in Costa Rica, and you should pay 30% tax on winnings from those cardrooms.

Sabrazack
08-04-2005, 08:42 AM
I play on Eurobet and Empirepoker, how about those two? Or do they count under Partypoker since its the same network?

Freudian
08-04-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play on Eurobet and Empirepoker, how about those two? Or do they count under Partypoker since its the same network?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all in Gibraltar, as I understand it. And since Gibraltar is a member of the EU tax directive your poker winnings should be tax free.

Iq75
08-04-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They are all in Gibraltar, as I understand it. And since Gibraltar is a member of the EU tax directive your poker winnings should be tax free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure? Gibraltar is not a part of Unions VAT or tull (i dont know this word in english /images/graemlins/blush.gif) zone? Do you have any decitions on this or some guides from riksskatteverket (i'm a Finn, but the same rules apply i think)?

And yes. I'm positive that IF your poker winnings are not tax free authorities will be intertested on 2000 - 3000 USD/month (very interested).

I would (and will) report them in my tax declaration, but state that in my opinion these winnings are tax free (and appeal if they tax them), cause played in europe.

I would presume that bonuses and rakebacks are not tax free???

AndreasG
08-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Please check link below (Swedish):
http://www.skatteverket.se/rattsinfo/skrivelser/05/skrivelser20050131.html

And Gibraltar is included. The Gibraltar issue has been well discussed on various poker forums.

Andreas

Iq75
08-04-2005, 11:35 AM
thanks, that was very interesting (allthought my sweddish is so bad that it took me quite awhile to read it through).

I have not found anything about the status of Gibraltar in forums (dont read other forums than these) so i would appriciate if somebody could be so kind to tell me where i can find those discussions.

Adde
08-04-2005, 12:39 PM

Eurobet advertise with this banner on some Swedish sites:

http://www.wsop.info/se/bannere/eb468x60.gif

("Worlds largest poker network! No tax on your poker winnings.")

Adde

Sabrazack
08-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Thanks alot, this thread will make me sleep alot better at night /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

gasoltub
08-05-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would appriciate if somebody could be so kind to tell me where i can find those discussions.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.pokerforum.nu - Ekonomi och juridik (http://pokerforum.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=20)