PDA

View Full Version : $11 88 Lvl3 UTG+1 What do you do?

derdo
08-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Anybody folding this?
Is just limping a better idea?

$11
(25/50)
Seat 9: brich300 ( $630 ) UTG
Seat 1: derdo_bitlis ( $715 ) UTG+1
Seat 2: BubblMastr ( $1105 ) CO+1
Seat 3: shawn0308 ( $1575 ) CO
Seat 4: tenderfeets1 ( $1745 ) B
Seat 5: leafnut ( $940 ) SB
Seat 8: fyrhuggar ( $1290 ) BB

Dealt to derdo_bitlis [ 8c 8d ]
brich300 folds.
derdo_bitlis raises [125]

lorinda
08-04-2005, 03:43 AM
I don't mean to sound unhelpful here, but I think you could just about hit one of the three buttons at random in this pot and nobody is going to say you played it terribly.

EDIT: I like the raise here.

All very dependent on what has gone before.

Lori

lastchance
08-04-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to sound unhelpful here, but I think you could just about hit one of the three buttons at random in this pot and nobody is going to say you played it terribly.

I think I personally call more often than the other two options unless the blinds go up in the next 2 hands, in which case I raise.

All very dependent on what has gone before.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]
This answer is very, very good, and I agree.

lorinda
08-04-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This answer is very, very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically I changed my mind /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The reason I changed my mind is that I thought there was an extra player between us and the button.

Lori

derdo
08-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Thanks,That was what I was thinking. I am usually folding 77 and below here (lvl3 early position) but i cou;nt get away from 88.

m1illion
08-04-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody folding this?

$11
(25/50)

brich300 folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

grunch 1.2

I really don't like these hands in this spot.
If you push, and I think that's a consideration with 12BBs, getting multiple callers is a real possibility and usually a disaster unless you catch an eight.
If you limp, what does a raise mean to you? If you are folding to a raise why not fold now? If you would call a raise why didn't you raise to begin with?
With so many to act behind you, if you play this you must raise unless you limp/all-in to a raise which represents a much bigger hand. This might isolate your raiser, it might not.

What is the table play like? If it's a limpfest then you cannot limp here and let every Ax, Kx, in. If play has been fairly straight forward, go all-in. If it's been a raise,re-raise, pushfest you probably want to lay this down because of your position.
I think it's tough to play this hand with your stack without pushing.
With the minimal information given, I don't like the raise.
Push or fold. 30/70

derdo
08-04-2005, 06:23 AM
lvl3 is what i think about the most nowadays. The blinds are not worth the steal and you don't have room to put in a raise and play as well. I think this 88 hand is the borderline. 99 push,77 fold, 88 anything goes:)

45suited
08-04-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody folding this?

$11
(25/50)

brich300 folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with Lorinda's first answer, but of all the options, I dislike your mini-raise the most. It seems to me that all you've done is made it more expensive playing a marginal hand OOP by putting in a raise that most likely is not going to win the pot for you right now.

Folding, limping, even pushing (not recommended) would be better than mini-raising IMO. I wouldn't argue with folding. Probably what I would do.

I look at it like this: Unless you pick up a great hand, very soon you will be in push / fold mode. Save your chips for this time... By folding this hand, you will soon have passed the blinds and be in position. Folding allows two things:

1) More patience to pick up a hand and not have to push crap as soon.

2) By saving that 125, I am "gaining" 250 when I eventually push and double up. Or put another way, unless I win this hand, I am "losing" 250 (with your 125 raise) when I eventually push and double up. I think the risk / reward of raising here is bad.

kevstreet
08-04-2005, 08:20 AM
I know this is probably weak tight but I limp and try to see a flop. If I face a decent raise I don't mind letting this go. I agree w/ an earlier remark about raising, blinds not worth stealing yet and unless you flop trips this can be a difficult hand to play.

Uppercut
08-04-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this is probably weak tight but I limp and try to see a flop. If I face a decent raise I don't mind letting this go. I agree w/ an earlier remark about raising, blinds not worth stealing yet and unless you flop trips this can be a difficult hand to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably do the exact same thing here.

me1tdown
08-04-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you said. Other thoughts: so many stacks yet to come that have you covered + you're way out of position for all the following rounds = raise/push and win small pot or lose big time. I'd hope that a limp would hold up to the flop and a I hit the set ( Still haven't finished drinking the poosh kool-aid yet ).