PDA

View Full Version : Talk me out of buying this vehicle...

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Somebody please give me a good reason not to spring for this 2002 Cadillac Escalade (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Escalade-2002-Celebrity-Owned-Custom-Cadillac-Escalade-NR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6148QQitemZ456632716 0QQrdZ1). IT BELONGED TO JEROME BETTIS FOR CHRISSAKES!!! You have to click the link, this vehicle is unbelievable.

Here's some background on me:

I'm 18 years old, I live in Connecticut, and I'm attending Boston College in September.

I have 20K total in the bank + on PartyPoker, nearly all of which has come from playing SNGs (I have no job). I could scrape together another couple G's in less than 5 days by selling off my football and basketball card collections. Money-wise, I'm not THAT far off from buying this car.

I currently 14-table the $55 SNGs. If need be, I believe I could borrow the remaining 10K or 15K that will be required to win this auction (this comparable customized Escalade (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Escalade-2002-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-EXT-CUSTOM-24s-6-TVs-DVD-CAMERAS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6148QQitemZ4564 731614QQrdZ1) went for 36K). My grandmother is very rich, and I am extremely confident that I could repay a loan from her in a month or two max. I have no intention of mooching off anyone to buy this car.

Insurance, gas, title & registration fees - all of these would take care of themselves if I could just buy myself some time. I am willing to play 2,000-3,000 SNGs this month (and 1,500 a month while I'm in college) to ensure that I repay all my loans by October 1st at the latest.

Somebody talk me out of this outrageous plan!

chuddo
08-04-2005, 02:34 AM
the fact i don't like that color of blue would be reason enough for me to pass on it.

rollingdirty
08-04-2005, 02:35 AM

DasLeben
08-04-2005, 02:36 AM
It has spinners, and is the most hoodrich thing I've ever seen. JMO, though.

But just remember:

http://img47.echo.cx/img47/4271/birdmanneverfold1yi.jpg

The Ocho
08-04-2005, 02:37 AM
If you are white, you will look like a huge tool in this car.

Also, The Bus is a fat-ass, so I'm sure the seats are busted and covered in mustard stains.

Lastly, college is for getting drunk and laid, not 4-tabling $50 SnGs.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-04-2005, 02:39 AM
I think the camera lens has vaseline on it. WTF?

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will help you. Nothing says White Trash like a Caddie. The only worse car you could maybe get would be the Mustang or Corvette they scream White Trash with Small Penis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Escalade has a drug dealer/athlete rep. But just consider what it would be like to own a car that used to belong to an NFL superstar. Usually, a sports car this "cool" would run for 6 digits... but here I have a chance to buy an extremely unique car for 35K. The vertical doors + the former owner outweigh all the cons IMO.

Keep the posts coming

Claunchy
08-04-2005, 02:40 AM
If I had 20 grand sitting around, Jerome Bettis' old Escalade could very well be the last thing in the world I would spend it on.

If you must get a car, at least get an Acura for Chrissakes.

Shilly
08-04-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I currently 14-table the $55 SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a typo?

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are white, you will look like a huge tool in this car.

Also, The Bus is a fat-ass, so I'm sure the seats are busted and covered in mustard stains.

Lastly, college is for getting drunk and laid, not 4-tabling $50 SnGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm white... yeah, I'll look like a tool... whatever, it will still turn heads and it's a cool vehicle regardless of the rep.

But I live in a suburban town (Milford), where no one drives an Escalade. It's not as if I live in a place where there are a lot of Escalades on the road and I'll be the only white kid driving one.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a typo?

[/ QUOTE ]

No typo...

I copied Raptor and bought the exact same 4-monitor setup (2001FPs) and stand. I'll post a digital pic tomorrow afternoon when someone else is awake to take the pic for me (I would take the pic myself but I don't want to look like a MySpace tool holding my own camera).

rollingdirty
08-04-2005, 02:43 AM

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-04-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will help you. Nothing says White Trash like a Caddie. The only worse car you could maybe get would be the Mustang or Corvette they scream White Trash with Small Penis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Escalade has a drug dealer/athlete rep. But just consider what it would be like to own a car that used to belong to an NFL superstar. Usually, a sports car this "cool" would run for 6 digits... but here I have a chance to buy an extremely unique car for 35K. The vertical doors + the former owner outweigh all the cons IMO.

Keep the posts coming

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't references the drug dealer aspect. I was referring to Caddies in general, they are what poor people aspire to own. They are junk dude your 18 pimp an Audi or something you will get more ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Get an audi, because if I had the money to blow on this thing, I wouldn't be blowing it on this thing, and whenever I see audi I think sexy. Get an audi, get some ass. This man's advice is awesome.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the posts coming

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't references the drug dealer aspect. I was referring to Caddies in general, they are what poor people aspire to own. They are junk dude your 18 pimp an Audi or something you will get more ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get your drift... I don't know, to me I'd come across as more of a tool by buying some lame sports car like every other kid with money. If I get this Escalade, impressing girls will not be one of my main motivating factors. It's cheesy in my mind to aspire to a sedan like all the other kids in my demographic group.

razor
08-04-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point? It's not like anyone who would come up with this 'plan' is gonna listen to reason...

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-04-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the posts coming

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get your drift... I don't know, to me I'd come across as more of a tool by buying some lame sports car like every other kid with money. If I get this Escalade, impressing girls will not be one of my main motivating factors. It's cheesy in my mind to aspire to a sedan like all the other kids in my demographic group.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, learn to drive stick and get an Acura RSX-S Type. I have an RSX (not S-type ::cri::), and it's a pretty sweet vehicle. Also, as long as you're not dating women absolutely rolling in it, it doesn't do too bad to "look impressive" or whatever.

DasLeben
08-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Being completely serious for a second, if you want a large SUV for this price range (used, of course), get a BMW X5. You can find them with the same mileage as this Escalade at the same price. You do not want GM, trust me.

Plus, you'll be driving something respectable.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-04-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Being completely serious for a second, if you want a large SUV for this price range (used, of course), get a BMW X5. You can find them with the same mileage as this Escalade at the same price. You do not want GM, trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a complete tangent, but a family friend drives one of those Porsche SUVs as a company car, and I thought a Porsche SUV was totally silly but then I got inside of his and it's awesome. That is all.

rollingdirty
08-04-2005, 02:52 AM

DasLeben
08-04-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a complete tangent, but a family friend drives one of those Porsche SUVs as a company car, and I thought a Porsche SUV was totally silly but then I got inside of his and it's awesome. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Cayenne? Yep, those things are excellent. My friend's dad has a Cayenne S, and it's an amazing vehicle. It's fast, handles extremely well for an SUV, and is luxurious as hell.

That said, good luck finding one for $25k within the next 8-10 years. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SCfuji
08-04-2005, 02:55 AM
think about what has happened in this suv.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the posts coming

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you lying to of course girls are your motivating factor you are 18 its cool we were there. My point is something classy not cheesey. You are right you may be too young for an audi. There is always volkswagen's Suv. Anything just not a Caddie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my take on it - I would find it extremely sleazy if girls were interested in me only because of my car. Of course I'm interested in girls, but I think it's tacky to try to impress them with money. I highly highly doubt I will actually buy this Escalade, but I think you understand where I'm coming from with this argument.

FatalError
Don't destroy your bankroll, i live in boston and that car is a little over the top for it (not to mention there is no parking for frosh at BC and it's all residential in the area)

I recommend you keep playing SnG's for another year work on your studies and pick up a car next summer, just get a nice non ghetto coupe sports car to pick up all the jcrew clone girlies at your school in and pay it off on a 60 month loan to avoid putting your bankroll in danger

i'm speaking from experience... i'm 21 just graduated from college in boston and despite making alot of money playing poker JUST got my first car... albeit a sick one

tinga81
I lived in a college town where vehicle's would get trashed on a regular basis (mainly drunkasses on the walk home from the bar), or they would get robbed of something from the vehicle.

After seeing the vehicle (it's not too bad, just may be a lot more in gas along the way), I'm sure it would be a target to theft/vandalism. Have you thought about a plan to keep this out of public view?

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
think about what has happened in this suv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weed? whatever, I can't say I wouldn't smoke in this vehicle

Sleazy hoes? that is a bit weird, haha

Still, they weren't just any hoes, they were JEROME BETTIS's! That's gotta be worth something.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I lived in a college town where vehicle's would get trashed on a regular basis (mainly drunkasses on the walk home from the bar), or they would get robbed of something from the vehicle.

After seeing the vehicle (it's not too bad, just may be a lot more in gas along the way), I'm sure it would be a target to theft/vandalism. Have you thought about a plan to keep this out of public view?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually my #1 concern. In response to another poster, I don't actually plan to drive the car to Boston as a freshman, because it would be so difficult to find parking, plus I don't need a car up there anyway. It would be for the 4-month summer break, winter break, and other breaks. As an upperclassman, I'd consider driving it in Boston.

I'm guessing I would just park it in my parents' garage while I'm at school.

SCfuji
08-04-2005, 03:01 AM
you can do better for 20Gs. the market adds some value to the car just because it was bettis'. to be honest, unless you are insanely rich, its a waste of money.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't destroy your bankroll, i live in boston and that car is a little over the top for it (not to mention there is no parking for frosh at BC and it's all residential in the area)

I recommend you keep playing SnG's for another year work on your studies and pick up a car next summer, just get a nice non ghetto coupe sports car to pick up all the jcrew clone girlies at your school in and pay it off on a 60 month loan to avoid putting your bankroll in danger

i'm speaking from experience... i'm 21 just graduated from college in boston and despite making alot of money playing poker JUST got my first car... albeit a sick one

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be worried about destroying my bankroll, but I prefer to just crush the lower games than move up to the $109s and $215s, which I tried in the past with limited success... I only need $1650 (or conservatively, $2750) for the $55s, and I could even drop to the $33s with 50 buyins if need be. Right now I am WAY overbankrolled for the games I play. It would be tough but I think if I play a ton of games in August and then return to a normal pace of 2-3 hours a day during the school year that I can afford to buy the Caddy.

08-04-2005, 03:10 AM
Your reasons for buying this are callow, but I say go for it- in about ten years or so, you will have learned the error of your ways. You are way too set on saying, "Yeah, you like it? You know who I bought if from?" for anyone to talk you out of it.

So I say, blow the cash, but please save some for the PokerStars 100-200, (8pm EST) thanks.

The4Aces
08-04-2005, 03:16 AM
I live in Kansas and actually more rich white people drive escalades than black people. The Escalade seems to be what rich white people around here want.

I say dont buy the car. You will look like a jackass riding around in it.

tinga81
08-04-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Still, they weren't just any hoes, they were JEROME BETTIS's! That's gotta be worth something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this like that episode of Seinfeld, when George Costanza buys Jo(h)n Voight's car for the specific reason that he owned it?

Make sure Jerome Bettis is spelled correctly, make sure Jerome Betis didn't own this car.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The4Aces
08-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Also just out of curiosity you say you play 14 tables in SETS does that men you play all 14 to completion then re-start a new 14?

nubs
08-04-2005, 03:50 AM
I think you have to buy this car. I mean, Jerome Bettis owned the car. JEROME BETTIS!!! Dont for get the sweet vertical doors, spinners and pimpin paint job. Honestly it is the sickest thing ever, you better buy it before I do. Seriously, i may fly across the country and drive it home. I mean, you'd be crazy not to buy this. Think of it as an inverstment! Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention all of the skeezy 2 bit floozies you'll be picking up in your pimp mobile!!! Floozies!!!

fimbulwinter
08-04-2005, 04:10 AM
the problem is that if you buy this car everyone will know how tiny your penis is.

fim

daveymck
08-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Its a cadillac which is reason enough for me to not want one, the interior as well looks incredibley cheap and nasty all that plastic and horrible switchgear. If you can get an X5 for the same price as that then I would go for that everytime.

Is it standard for 18 year olds to drive huge cars like that over there? cos over here an 18-21 year old would be paying ridiculous insurance on somthing like that (maybe$4-5k a year) and for a first or second car to me its asking for accidents.

Who cares who owned it previous as long as they have had it serviced regular it doesnt matter who it was.

Stellastarr
08-04-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Somebody please give me a good reason not to spring for this 2002 Cadillac Escalade (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Escalade-2002-Celebrity-Owned-Custom-Cadillac-Escalade-NR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6148QQitemZ456632716 0QQrdZ1). IT BELONGED TO JEROME BETTIS FOR CHRISSAKES!!! You have to click the link, this vehicle is unbelievable.

I'm 18 years old, I live in Connecticut, and I'm attending Boston College in September.

I have 20K total in the bank + on PartyPoker, nearly all of which has come from playing SNGs (I have no job). I could scrape together another couple G's in less than 5 days by selling off my football and basketball card collections. Money-wise, I'm not THAT far off from buying this car.

I currently 14-table the $55 SNGs. If need be, I believe I could borrow the remaining 10K or 15K that will be required to win this auction (this comparable customized Escalade (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Escalade-2002-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-EXT-CUSTOM-24s-6-TVs-DVD-CAMERAS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6148QQitemZ4564 731614QQrdZ1) went for 36K). My grandmother is very rich, and I am extremely confident that I could repay a loan from her in a month or two max. I have no intention of mooching off anyone to buy this car.

Insurance, gas, title & registration fees - all of these would take care of themselves if I could just buy myself some time. I am willing to play 2,000-3,000 SNGs this month (and 1,500 a month while I'm in college) to ensure that I repay all my loans by October 1st at the latest.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be Marty McFly!

dibbs
08-04-2005, 04:26 AM
If I were you I'd be quite leary of bringing this to park around BC in the fall. A consideration anyways.

KaneKungFu123
08-04-2005, 04:36 AM
if you buy this you are a giant tool.

PassiveCaller
08-04-2005, 04:43 AM
You people. what's amatter with you all? You need to be encouraging such purchases. How could he live without Jerome Bettis' escalade. Forget about saving for real estate or investments. It's all about buying the Bus' ride. Plus then he can take the floozies in the back and bang them like the Bus would.

Yes he will certainly be missing out if he doesn't get this Escalade. Buy it now before someone else goes insane and get s it quicker er no I mean gets the honor of this awesome vehicle.

Did I mention out he'd be missing out if he doesn't get this escalade?

tinga81
08-04-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You could be Marty McFly!

[/ QUOTE ]

The obvious answer is clear...

Delorean > Escalade

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/tinga81/Delorean.jpg

zephed
08-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Vertical doors? Give me a break. puke.

Stupid wheels.

Whatever, you seem to like it, I'm just giving my personal opinion.

If you buy this, you are a:
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6499/wrenchboxwopenend5bm.jpg

plaster8
08-04-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its a cadillac which is reason enough for me to not want one, the interior as well looks incredibley cheap and nasty all that plastic and horrible switchgear.

[/ QUOTE ]\

The interior looks like something I would expect in a Ford Taurus. The dash in my 1995 Acura Legend looks better than this.

DasLeben
08-04-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its a cadillac which is reason enough for me to not want one, the interior as well looks incredibley cheap and nasty all that plastic and horrible switchgear.

[/ QUOTE ]\

The interior looks like something I would expect in a Ford Taurus. The dash in my 1995 Acura Legend looks better than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This being one of the main reasons to stay away from a GM product.

lucas9000
08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
why do you still have the peachy avatar?

RunDownHouse
08-04-2005, 10:42 AM
You should gain self-confidence and identity from your personality, not a car.

BottlesOf
08-04-2005, 10:45 AM
You need to be convinced not to blow your entire bank acct. and poker roll on a tricked out car you don't even come close to needing? Are you serious?

Also:

[ QUOTE ]
Insurance, gas, title & registration fees - all of these would take care of themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what's the plan here? You're talking about thousands more a year. Insurance for someone your age? Rising gas prices? The volume of gas necessary to keep that behemoth running? This adds up to a lot more than I think you realize.

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Buy it.

Laomedon
08-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm jumping on the bandwagon, you would be mocked incessantly if you buy this vehicle. Not only is the Escalade played out, you have to wonder, if some [censored] on Ebay is selling "Jerome Bettis' Esclade!!@@!@!!" then how pimp is that? The suicide doors too, ehhhhhhh... Do you play basketball? Can you freestyle? Do you have your own clothing line/shoe? If the answer to these questions is no, then do yourself a favor and save your entire [censored] bankroll for a slightly less impulsive purchase.

BottlesOf
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Also, is there any particular reason you chose peachy's avatar?

ChoicestHops
08-04-2005, 11:06 AM
I dont like it.. at all. Sure I would take it if it were handed to me, but I wouldnt buy that.

I hate the tail lights, and especially the grill. The grill makes it look ugly. This car just screams "Look at me, Im trying WAY TOO HARD!"

JustToast
08-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Um, I wouldn't buy it - will complicate your life too much.

STLantny
08-04-2005, 11:14 AM
There is always volkswagen's Suv

Whoever said this has to be a women. I like escalades, I would buy an escalade if I had room to park it. This one is disgusting looking though. The decals, tailights, the color is just gross IMO. BUT thats the point its MY OPINION. Fukc the rest of the morons in this thread, get what you want, and be happy that you did. As for anyone who is suggesting he gets an audi, or a volkswagen, or an acura (besides the NSX) or some other 30-something car, you are being silly.

Duffman
08-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Finance a Civic, or an RSX. Save yourself 65k miles.

JoePro
08-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Can you say RICE???

Brad22
08-04-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, how many screens does that take?

As for you car, I hear BC is quite the conservative campus, so your car should definitely be a hit. Go for it....and obviously have Jerome show up when you throw your first party.

STLantny
08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
My question is, why buy this one? Why not just buy a classic plain black one, maybe an EXT, why pay so much extra for this one?

bd8802
08-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Escalades are one of the most stolen cars in the USA ... having all these "upgrades" will make it even more susceptible to being stolen.

If you want a wow factor, you can do so with many other cars.

Eurotrash
08-04-2005, 12:32 PM
i pray that you're just a troll.

this is the worst purchase you could make.

ChoicestHops
08-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Who knows how much that thing will end up selling for. If you have 20-25k get and IS300 or a G35.

Something's wrong when you have to put cheasy headlights, a new grill, flipping doors, and spinners on a car. How many Benz's do you see with this description? Close to zero because they are clean when stock.

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

SippinSoma
08-04-2005, 01:49 PM
There's 4 days left on the auction. It will be no where near $25k.

08-04-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you buy that vehicle.... I'm gonna SIIYP. Did that work.

08-04-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Somebody please give me a good reason not to spring for this 2002 Cadillac Escalade. IT BELONGED TO JEROME BETTIS FOR CHRISSAKES!!! You have to click the link, this vehicle is unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/BadAdviceGuy/bettiscar.jpg

Don't let anyone talk you out of buying this car. It's a steal at twice the price.

swede123
08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
In addition to all the other points (it looks ridiculous, it'll make you look like the biggest wangster and so on) do you really want a car with all that custom work? Yeah, I'm sure it cost lots of money to get the lambo. doors installed and the spinners and so on, but all these things will end up breaking eventually, causing you to spend equally large sums of money fixing them. If you have a stock Escalade you will pay a healthy chunk of change for the dealer to fix a door or a wheel or something, but with these custom jobs it will cost many times as much. On top of that you'll have to worry about someone stealing your nice 24 inch rims, breaking into your truck to steal the stereo and so on. Not a smart car to buy unless you have an NFL player type income where all the upkeep won't break you financially.

Swede

IndieMatty
08-04-2005, 01:57 PM
What the [censored] is Jerome doing with the factory stereo?

This car sucks.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/9e/50/c9_3.JPG

mmbt0ne
08-04-2005, 02:00 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
You need to be convinced not to blow your entire bank acct. and poker roll on a tricked out car you don't even come close to needing? Are you serious?

Also:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Insurance, gas, title &amp; registration fees - all of these would take care of themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what's the plan here? You're talking about thousands more a year. Insurance for someone your age? Rising gas prices? The volume of gas necessary to keep that behemoth running? This adds up to a lot more than I think you realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think I once questioned Diablo's post about how young people making tons of money on poker have gone broke.

Bradyams
08-04-2005, 02:04 PM
This is really dumb. You're getting ready to go to college, and you want to spend $25K+ on a [censored] car?

rollingdirty
08-04-2005, 02:05 PM

swede123
08-04-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is always volkswagen's Suv

Whoever said this has to be a women. I like escalades, I would buy an escalade if I had room to park it. This one is disgusting looking though. The decals, tailights, the color is just gross IMO. BUT thats the point its MY OPINION. Fukc the rest of the morons in this thread, get what you want, and be happy that you did. As for anyone who is suggesting he gets an audi, or a volkswagen, or an acura (besides the NSX) or some other 30-something car, you are being silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make me laugh. You are the same morons we see driving these white trash specials. TO the comment about rich people buying these, come on now seriously rich people drive range rovers, bmw, mercedes, aston etc.. etc.. People who drive Caddies are simply poor people trying to look cool. THese are the same people that drive Harley's, Corvettes Trans am's etc.. Once again you can't teach class!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, lots of poor people drive Corvettes. A $50,000 vehicle is clearly something only poor people drive, trying to look cool.

Swede

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Buy it. Now.

PokerCat69
08-04-2005, 02:37 PM
You want to withdraw your entire savings, poker bankroll and borrow cash from your grandma?
If your bankroll is nil how are you going to easily get back into the 55 SNGs?

Don't buy any car outright if it leaves you broke. Finance one and make payments. There is a good chance you'll need a parent to Co-Sign.

Would you rather have your bankroll (so u can keep playing) and 20K in bank with a car payment, OR be flatass broke with a purchased car?

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy it. Now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller
08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't let anyone talk you out of buying this car. It's a steal at twice the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a gimmick I can get behind. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 03:13 PM
<font color="blue"> [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] </font>

Ed Miller
08-04-2005, 03:14 PM
If you invest your poker winnings rather than blow them on this nonsense, you'll be able to afford ten Escalades in a few years.

If you have any sense five years from now, you'll regret this purchase with every fiber of your being. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

shant
08-04-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you invest your poker winnings rather than blow them on this nonsense, you'll be able to afford ten Escalades in a few years.

If you have any sense five years from now, you'll regret this purchase with every fiber of your being. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly what I was going to say.

I'm a big fan of lamborghini doors, especially on the Escalade, but seriously putting money into a car is the biggest waste of money ever. Just drive to the mall and the bar and back home in whatever reliable piece of crap gets you there. Who cares how it looks. Then buy some real estate and try to not work ever again.

SippinSoma
08-04-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
<font color="red">Buy the car...Do it now. </font>

Shajen
08-04-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Buy the car...Do it now. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Jerome Bettis once owned this car! OMGLOLLOLLERSK8TES!!!onetyeleven!!!!

Sometimes I wonder how some people get out of bed in the morning without assistance.

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 03:28 PM
<font color="blue"> Bid high and bid now. You must have this vehicle. </font>

Dr. StrangeloveX
08-04-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 03:36 PM
<font color="red">BUY ME! BUY ME NOW! I WILL GET MORE WOMEN FOR YOU THAN YOU CAN HANDLE! YOUR MOTHER WILL LOVE YOU AGAIN! BUY ME NOW! </font> http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/a6/4b/6e_12_sb.JPG

Glenn
08-04-2005, 03:38 PM
If you buy that car, you are a tool, plain and simple. First of all, a car is the worst investment possible. With 20k and a rich grandmother who can cosign you could buy a fourplex near your college, rent three of the apartments, and have ridiculous amounts of equity when you graduate, a place to live, and a non-dorm residence to invite lots of girls to. People might think your car is cool for about 5 minutes, but since it's basically all of your money in the world, you won't have anything to back it up. Fancy cars don't get girls when you take them back to a dorm room and feed them ramen noodles. I'm sure you are such a poker stud that you can make that money back 10-fold, but if this is the case, and you make smart investments now instead of trying to compensate for whatever with a shiny giant car, you could be worth a million bucks when you graduate. Then you can buy the car, because, while it is still a lame-ass thing to do, it won't have a negative effect.

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you buy that car, you are a tool, plain and simple. First of all, a car is the worst investment possible. With 20k and a rich grandmother who can cosign you could buy a fourplex near your college, rent three of the apartments, and have ridiculous amounts of equity when you graduate, a place to live, and a non-dorm residence to invite lots of girls to. People might think your car is cool for about 5 minutes, but since it's basically all of your money in the world, you won't have anything to back it up. Fancy cars don't get girls when you take them back to a dorm room and feed them ramen noodles. I'm sure you are such a poker stud that you can make that money back 10-fold, but if this is the case, and you make smart investments now instead of trying to compensate for whatever with a shiny giant car, you could be worth a million bucks when you graduate. Then you can buy the car, because, while it is still a lame-ass thing to do, it won't have a negative effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah! This is Donk-think. Buy the car no matter what it costs.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the direction this thread has taken. I'm honored that someone has registered a gimmick account just to make fun of me - I must be in the elite group of tools with Dead and Sophia.

I've read each and every post thoughtfully, and I agree that this car is a bit too flamboyant. I'd prefer a white or black car too over a cerulean one, but I'm stuck with Jerome's color choice. For some reason, though, I am still drawn to the allure of the Escalade. I'll keep my poker bankroll for now, and on my winter break I may spring for a classier car (such as a white Escalade... haha)

One more thing - not a single person likes the vertical doors? The Back to the Future look is pretty awesome IMO. Let's have this discussion again in 4 months when I'm ready to drop 25k on an 02 Escalade + 5k on vertical doors and still have a working $55 SNG bankroll.

shant
08-04-2005, 03:47 PM
You obviously didn't read my post. Lambo doors are rad.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Glenn (and I mean that without any sarcasm).

I didn't mean to come across as someone who thinks he's a poker stud, I'm honest about my own ability and I wouldn't try to show off to this board when I know that there are tons of players far more skilled than I am.

Though buying this car may be -EV, I think that by waiting until the winter break or even the summer '06 break, I can keep my poker bankroll intact. My #1 priority while I'm young is to have fun, and so a -EV decision now doesn't seem so bad as long as it doesn't decimate me (like this outrageous plan would).

STLantny
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
You make me laugh. You are the same morons we see driving these white trash special

And you talk about old money, and new money, etc. Im just going to go ahead and give you the satisfaction. How rich are you? You know thats why you posted, so you can get off the fact to the forumn how rich your are. Listen, 20 million is 20 million, I dont give two shits about new money and old money, or caddilacs v mercedes, you turd. All Im saying is that it is his money, his taste, his purchase. If he regrets it in a few years, thats one thing, but he obviously likes the car and has the money to buy it. So fukc off you John Kerry wannabe mother fukcer.

Klepton
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
when i was 15 i wanted my first car to be a delorean

we all make mistakes

jakethebake
08-04-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when i was 15 i wanted my first car to be a delorean

we all make mistakes

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Don't listen to these haters. They're just jealous. You need this car! </font>

Glenn
08-04-2005, 04:02 PM
I wasn't trying to attack your poker skill necessarily, I was just implying that even if you assume you can easily make the money back, it's still a silly thing to do. Seriously, buy a place to live where you can rent out other parts. 20 years from now you will look back on it as the best thing you ever did (besides the chicks you lured back there, of course).

Klepton
08-04-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You make me laugh. You are the same morons we see driving these white trash special

And you talk about old money, and new money, etc. Im just going to go ahead and give you the satisfaction. How rich are you? You know thats why you posted, so you can get off the fact to the forumn how rich your are. Listen, 20 million is 20 million, I dont give two shits about new money and old money, or caddilacs v mercedes, you turd. All Im saying is that it is his money, his taste, his purchase. If he regrets it in a few years, thats one thing, but he obviously likes the car and has the money to buy it. So fukc off you John Kerry wannabe mother fukcer.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has only 25k, not 20 million

also, you really need to relax, massages are only a dollar a minute at some poker rooms.

DasLeben
08-04-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for anyone who is suggesting he gets an audi, or a volkswagen, or an acura (besides the NSX)

[/ QUOTE ]

http://a.focus.de/D/DL/DLB/DLBE/DLBEA/UPLOAD/HBEEBDlbimh.jpg
http://www.pharfruminsain.com/R32/images/gallery-04.jpg
http://a137.g.akamai.net/n/137/3538/20011205211322/www.cars.com/features/mvp/acura/rsx/images/04_rsxtype-s3-4rrblue.jpg

STLantny
08-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Either way, green is green, I dont care if you made it yourself or inherited it. But excuse hte temper, living off protien shakes and fish oil capsules for a week will do that.

Thats my point, its not an issue of taste, I find those 3 cars laughable and gross looking (although the Audi is kind of cool), but its just an opinion of taste. He obviously likes the car, the issue should be whether he should spend it or not.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't trying to attack your poker skill necessarily, I was just implying that even if you assume you can easily make the money back, it's still a silly thing to do. Seriously, buy a place to live where you can rent out other parts. 20 years from now you will look back on it as the best thing you ever did (besides the chicks you lured back there, of course).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definitely going to consider renting a fourplex like you said for my sophomore year. I don't want to come across as a prima donna living off-campus as a freshman when something like 99% of all freshmen live in the freshman dorms at BC.

Shajen
08-04-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am definitely going to consider renting a fourplex like you said for my sophomore year. I don't want to come across as a prima donna living off-campus as a freshman when something like 99% of all freshmen live in the freshman dorms at BC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Life is too short to care what other people think. Live off campus if you want to.

(But still don't buy this car!) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Glenn
08-04-2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah that's actually a good idea--easier to make friends in the dorms when you first get there.

oneeye13
08-04-2005, 07:39 PM
buy a horse

Ulysses
08-04-2005, 08:52 PM
OMFG, how did I miss this thread?

Let me tell you one thing, jealousy is a bitch. And that's what this thread is all about.

I do not see why all the haters have come out of the closet to pile on you in this thread. If I were your age and had the means to get this car, I would jump on it in an instant.

1) It is a cool car.
2) It belonged to a sports superstar.
3) Chicks dig sweet rides.
4) You have nothing better to do with the money right now.

Man, I can't think of a single reason not to buy this car. If it is still available, you should buy it immediately. Opportunities like this do not come around all the time. Next time you see an opportunity like this, it'll probably cost you $100K to get in.

This thread is full of people who have never taken the risk to do something very cool that will make their life really fun. So now, they are miserable and posting anonymously on a message board trying to pull you down so you can be miserable like them.

Buy the car. This is one of those things you'll look back on in five years. At that point, do you want to say?

"Wow, my life is boring and sucks, but I do have a few thousand more dollars in the bank, woohoo"

or

"Holy cow, the last five years of my life have been so badass, largely in part to this awesome ride I bought"

Buy the car.

Spota
08-04-2005, 09:07 PM
I didnt read this whole thread so maybe this was answered, but you are sure that Jerome Bettis owned this car because why? Because the seller said so? LMAO.

fsuplayer
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Let me tell you one thing, jealousy is a bitch. And that's what this thread is all about.

I do not see why all the haters have come out of the closet to pile on you in this thread. If I were your age and had the means to get this car, I would jump on it in an instant.

1) It is a cool car.

Man, I can't think of a single reason not to buy this car. If it is still available, you should buy it immediately. Opportunities like this do not come around all the time. Next time you see an opportunity like this, it'll probably cost you $100K to get in.

This thread is full of people who have never taken the risk to do something very cool that will make their life really fun. So now, they are miserable and posting anonymously on a message board trying to pull you down so you can be miserable like them.

Buy the car. This is one of those things you'll look back on in five years. At that point, do you want to say?

"Wow, my life is boring and sucks, but I do have a few thousand more dollars in the bank, woohoo"

or

"Holy cow, the last five years of my life have been so badass, largely in part to this awesome ride I bought"

Buy the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to the man, he's always right.

oh, and PM el d. to see if he can get you a pimp, shiny, blue shirt to match.

TT_fold
08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) It is a cool car.

or

Buy the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to the man, he's always right.

oh, and PM el d. to see if he can get you a pimp, shiny, blue shirt to match.

[/ QUOTE ]

If El Diablo told me to jump off a bridge I would do it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Like I said, part of me still really really really wants to buy an Escalade with vertical doors, but buying THIS exact car right now would not make sense. I won't be driving a car for my freshman year in Boston, so I'd rather not see this collect dust until winter break and again until May.

Nevertheless, I do plan to flaunt my status as a "wangster" sometime in the next 12 months. I promise to post a pic - I'm certainly not going anywhere, and at least El Diablo won't diss me for being "new money," so f all u haterz (<font color="white">just kidding</font>)

woodguy
08-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Why not just get this one?

http://uloc.nerdtank.org/screenshots/5/5f10_canyonero1.jpg

newfant
08-04-2005, 11:43 PM
I would laugh at you if I saw you (18-yo white kid) driving this vehicle. I think a lot of people you go to school with will be laughing too. This vehicle is not cool.

[censored]
08-04-2005, 11:44 PM
I say go for it.

08-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Still, I think you should reconsider and invest the money in the PokerStars $100-$200 game (around 8pm-2am EST)

I think that clearly is the correct choice.

KaneKungFu123
08-05-2005, 01:07 AM
so you can buy the car with his money?

[ QUOTE ]
Still, I think you should reconsider and invest the money in the PokerStars $100-$200 game (around 8pm-2am EST)

I think that clearly is the correct choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko
08-05-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A $50,000 vehicle is clearly something only poor people drive, trying to look cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
unless you truly have the money to afford a $50K car, you cannot say that everyone with a nice car is really poor or just trying to be cool. if you have the money sometimes there is nothing wrong with driving something around a little nicer than an acura, luxury is sometimes worth it if you have the means.

now for this car, wtf? i don't know why this kid is so hyped about jerome bettis for one and second of all only fools spend $35K on a 3 year old car (one that looks ridiculous i might add). save your money kid and have fun in college and when you truly have the means to buy a nice car buy a new car, pay for it up front and take care of it. oh and like swede said don't buy a corvette for Godsake, you should know what nice is.

KaneKungFu123
08-05-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Opportunities like this do not come around all the time. Next time you see an opportunity like this, it'll probably cost you $100K to get in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If purchasing this car today, is that much of a great deal, OP might want to use a little caution. Buying a car for 30 g's without even looking at it, from someone who has owned it for only a short period of time and is now selling it, etc, etc.

ChipWrecked
08-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I have a New Yorker that belonged to John Voigt.

DasLeben
08-05-2005, 01:57 AM
Bart kann gut Deutsch sprechen? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Voltron87
08-05-2005, 02:09 AM
holy [censored], this is one of the best threads ever

buy it

Ulysses
08-05-2005, 02:56 AM
Step up, be a man, buy the car. LOOK AT THE DOORS, THIS IS A NO-BRAINER!!! THIS WAS THE BUS'S BUS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE!!!!!!

Ogre
08-05-2005, 03:09 AM
don't be a tard.

lastsamurai
08-05-2005, 03:46 AM
Dude. i use to work for this guy who fixed up cars for alot of NFL players (cory, marshall, ect..) and what i know is just because it was owned by a NFL player it doesnt mean its worth more (unless its a white bronco that was once owned by number 32 of USC with bloodstains on the passenger seat)

CamelZoo
08-05-2005, 04:53 AM
you are going to be 'that guy' with the blue escalade at BC - this is not a good thing

eastbay
08-05-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, it's cheesy to get a sedan, but a bright blue tricked out Escalade with spinners thats only real draw is that it was owned by Jerome Bettis is what... classy?

This plan sucks ass. Get a new plan.

eastbay

daveymck
08-05-2005, 06:00 AM
El D is right its all about jealousy this was my first car I got when 18 (mine was a nice red though and didnt have as much rust)

Vauxhall is GM in the UK.
http://www.the-croppery.demon.co.uk/Dave/cavalier.jpg

and here is my second car (I didnt have the spotlights though)

http://www.troopsuk.com/webpro_files/cheap_htm_G_REG_BELMONT_CD.jpg

I still wouldnt buy the car you are on about though so many better cars you could get for that money or by buying somthing older outright for the $10k you are talking about using as a deposit, especially as it is not for full years use get a nice sporty number.

chesspain
08-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Some people have more dollars than sense.

[censored]
08-05-2005, 06:41 AM
I would like to restate my position that you need to get this car. Come on people Jerome Bettis used to own it! We are talking about 'the bus' for christ's sake!

[censored]
08-05-2005, 06:48 AM
what you need to ask yourself TT is who gets more pussy? these haters or the bus? that should answer your question right there as to whether or not you should get the car.

KaneKungFu123
08-05-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what you need to ask yourself TT is who gets more pussy? these haters or the bus? that should answer your question right there as to whether or not you should get the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

its like you are internet message board deep throating El Diablo.

[censored]
08-05-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its like you are internet message board deep throating El Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't bother reading other replies in a thread but I'm sure if El Diablo said I needed to blow him there would have to be a very good and logical reason for it, so well you know....

08-05-2005, 07:54 AM
http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/a6/4b/6e_12_sb.JPG http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8266/thispostsucks1wx.jpg

[censored]
08-05-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8266/thispostsucks1wx.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

no you suck

eastbay
08-05-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
El D is right its all about jealousy

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... I can assure you that I have zero jealousy for owning a frickin' cheesed out Escalade. Zero.

Jealousy is definitely not what comes to mind when I see some skinny white guy driving around in one with spinners, either.

eastbay

ClaytonN
08-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Get a set up like TT's and maybe you can buy Jerome's Escalade, too (http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5705/14tables4mx.jpg)

I am stupid jealous of this setup btw. This pic is actually inspiring me to play more.

jakethebake
08-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Results? Did my subliminal attack work?

KaneKungFu123
08-05-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get a set up like TT's and maybe you can buy Jerome's Escalade, too (http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5705/14tables4mx.jpg)

I am stupid jealous of this setup btw. This pic is actually inspiring me to play more.

[/ QUOTE ]

how are those monitors elevated?

Maulik
08-05-2005, 01:38 PM
do what you want. but if your putting that much money into a car you better have a ROTH IRA. holla

also, you shouldn't have to post something in OOT to figure out if you need THIS car. if you want it buy it.

canis582
08-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Dude, check your ego and get a regular car.

Ulysses
08-05-2005, 03:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/sleepboxer/hot.jpg

Money.

Edited to add: I rule at photoshopping.

Kyo Souma II
08-05-2005, 03:34 PM
vroom

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6468/pimpride7xw.jpg

Ogre
08-06-2005, 11:05 PM
2.5 days left

newfant
08-06-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
vroom

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6468/pimpride7xw.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. You forgot to put a hot chick in the passenger seat and a couple on the hood for good measure.

Ogre
08-09-2005, 01:39 PM
wellllllllllllll?