PDA

View Full Version : -EV/ leak in my game?

MINETZ
08-04-2005, 02:07 AM
I have two tendencies that i was considering might be a leak in my game. I am currently 8 tabling 200 NL, one that might be a leak is open limping suited broadways in early, another is not raising jacks and tens from upfront, do you guys have the same tendenceies or should i change one of these auto plays.
Noah

fimbulwinter
08-04-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
open limping suited broadways in early

[/ QUOTE ]

this is generally a leak

[ QUOTE ]
not raising jacks and tens from upfront

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a big leak, if one at all

fim

MINETZ
08-04-2005, 02:23 AM
what hands do you limp up front if any? do you raise or fold your suited boradways depending on the game? do you open limp aq in early?
Noah

LethalRose
08-04-2005, 02:33 AM
I play pretty conservative compared to most. Heres my default strategy.

basically, if I see a flop I have a hand that has value. no 98s, A10s, etc... I raise QQ+ PF and all others i call to try to hit a set. Many times I've hit a set of jacks and stacked someone..people just dont put you on that hand.

I will play suited connected, one gappers, etc.. from the blinds on all tables.

think about how many times you see hands like 98s get paid off, either by hitting their flush or a straight. it takes a 2nd best hand to stack someone and usually if you hit a flop that hard nobody else has gotten any of it (IE - Royal Flush)

against certain dumbass players, aka donators, I throw in suited connected and Ace/x suited from outside the blinds. Flushes get paid off well against some players.

eliminate suited connectors and other stuff you cant raise PF with. I find I make more money on most tables not playing these hands. your results may vary.

another important note once ive been at a table for a while and ppl start to label me as tight i start raising with a lot more hands..all you need is 1 showdown with a less than premium hand that you raised PF with and suddenly every raise you make must be 72o.

this is very ABC, but I lack the time study enough to move up in levels. this works for me. After I graduate college and settle down I'll be looking to move up. At that time I will have a very nice roll.

/end life story.