PDA

View Full Version : J10s interesting spot

slayerrdn
08-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Hi everyone, this is my first hand post on twoplustwo, any comments welcome.

No reads, just sat down...
Partypoker $200NL $1/2 (6 MAX)

I'm dealt J10 suited on the button 2 limpers infront of me I call small completes and big checks..

flop - Jd10d3x

small blind leads for 6 I raise to 15 he raises to 40 - my move?

kurto
08-04-2005, 02:06 AM
I hate the blinds because its so much more difficult to put them on a hand.

Though I don't do it as much as I advise... that's why its so good to raise if you're going to play. Had you raised PF... you could rule out J3 and 103-- very likely holdings for a player in the blinds.

If this wasn't a player in the blinds, (and I knew he wasn't an idiot)... the worst he would have is 10J... though a set of 3s is a good bet.

I suppose I should consider OESFD... who would also play this way.

I'm way too tired to do the math of the many different hands he could have and how what your odds are. My general rule of thumb is if someone makes a bet and a reraise, and I don't yet know if he's a maniac; I'm willing to laydown until I get more info on the player.

Others make call me weaktight... but I really want reads before I'm going to put my whole stack in.

Macquarie
08-04-2005, 02:52 AM
If it were the BB, then I might check-call this down expecting T3 and J3 often enough. Since it's SB, I think you'll see junk less often and 33 more often, so I think this is a fold.

Weatherhead03
08-04-2005, 02:57 AM
I'd call and see what the turn brings you. You have top two with roughly 3-1 odds on calling. If he fires another pot sized bet on turn and you havent improved then I'd lay it down.