PDA

View Full Version : All in fests

pokerdirty
08-04-2005, 01:35 AM
I've been playing pokerroom.com's SnGs for 18 months now, and one thing is a guarantee everytime you play.....once it is heads up, the match will become an all in fest. My roommate plays on Party, and I see that it's the same way for him, but with party, it's more understandable considering the smaller chip stacks. But at pokerroom, the starting chip stacks are 1500, leaving the average HU at 7500, with blind levels at around 100-200 when HU begins. Is it only like this because I'm at the 11s? Or will I be doomed to this all in fest no matter what level i'm playing at?

08-04-2005, 01:38 AM
If people are goign all in wth 7500 chips to win your 200 blind, i think you should have a large advantage over these players. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pokerdirty
08-04-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If people are goign all in wth 7500 chips to win your 200 blind, i think you should have a large advantage over these players. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the same. It's just frustrating, because I love playing HU, especially if i've grinded out 8000 chips over the past hour, and then some donk that can't beat me unless he starts pushing with every hand or sucks out. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I've only started to keep stats on my SnGs. out of the times i'm ITM, 50% of the time I win, with 25% 2nd and 3rd place. so you are probably correct.

LethalRose
08-04-2005, 02:12 AM
once you move up in buyins the HU quality of the players will improve slightly. However it is still pretty poor unless you run into someone who plays HU a lot, then you're up for a battle. I play in the 50's range when i get bored and i have yet to run into a good player HU. if you want to play HU with someone who is prolly good play heads up for $200.

pokerdirty
08-04-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
once you move up in buyins the HU quality of the players will improve slightly. However it is still pretty poor unless you run into someone who plays HU a lot, then you're up for a battle. I play in the 50's range when i get bored and i have yet to run into a good player HU. if you want to play HU with someone who is prolly good play heads up for $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to play someone that's good! I want to play someone who thinks they are good HU...