PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Honda S2000

fimbulwinter
08-04-2005, 01:22 AM
Thinking of buying one of these slightly used (in silver). anyone own one or have advice on alternate cars in the 25K range?

fim http://auto.indiamart.com/cars/photo-gallery/gifs/honda-s2000-2.jpg

cwsiggy
08-04-2005, 01:27 AM
If you autocross(club racing in parking lots and some tracks)which I doubt but ya never know, these are one of the best. If not, it's still a great car. Dont know if they are on the used market yet, but how bout a Nissan 300Z??

RRRRICK
08-04-2005, 01:27 AM
I test drove one of these, lots of fun to drive, very zippy.
I found it a little too small even for a sportscar and went for something with a bit more space.

I live in Australia so I don't know what 25K gets you in the US

fimbulwinter
08-04-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I found it a little too small even for a sportscar and went for something with a bit more space.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean headroom? if it doesn't have lots of headroom, this idea is [censored].

fim

RRRRICK
08-04-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean headroom? if it doesn't have lots of headroom, this idea is [censored].

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't have a lot of any sort of room. It's a very small car. I opted for a mazda RX8 which is still a high performance sports car but has 4 doors and a back seat. Not a very big back seat but you can get more than 2 people in the car if you need to.

DasLeben
08-04-2005, 02:28 AM
I've driven a 2001 S2000 (9k redline version), and I enjoyed it a lot. Only Honda can get 240hp out of a NA four banger. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The car is small, though. That's a given, but you really have no idea how small it is until you get in it. I'm somewhat tall (6'0), and my head sticks out above the roll bars right behind the seat. I don't believe the S2000 has rollbars that pop out like some other convertibles, so this could cause an issue.

The car does handle great though. In fact, if you were to autocross, I'd take the S2000 over the 350Z any day. The 350Z is an absolute tank of a car (3500 lbs), and has a longer wheelbase than the S2000.

I suppose it depends on what you want the car for.