PDA

View Full Version : 15+1 Hand for Review

kiffl
08-04-2005, 12:56 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t2890)
MP (t2050)
Button (t5615)
SB (t1990)
BB (t955)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t600, SB calls t525, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1950) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2290 (All-In)</font>

So what do you all think of pushing here? If I win I double my stack, if I get called I have the jacks as outs and probably the aces.

lorinda
08-04-2005, 12:59 AM
If the button wins this hand, you are still the second biggest stack.

I might make one lame 150 bet or something in an attempt to get a cheap card, but I don't fancy going bust here when I have every chance of a cash.

I think your preflop raise was slightly too big too.

Lori

Shilly
08-04-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought, and is what makes this hand somewhat difficult to play. If you had raised a bit less, you could make a solid continuation bet without risking too much of your stack.

m1illion
08-04-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t2890)
MP (t2050)
Button (t5615)
SB (t1990)
BB (t955)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t600, SB calls t525, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1950) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2290 (All-In)</font>

So what do you all think of pushing here? If I win I double my stack, if I get called I have the jacks as outs and probably the aces.

[/ QUOTE ]
grunch1.1

Pushing wouldn't be my choice here. We've got a gutshot draw and "maybe" an Ace spike. SB's call is very troubling to me and is likely our villan.
I think I would bet t800 and fold to a raise from SB, BB likely called PF with Ax and I would consider showing down with that one.
If you do fold to SB we still have approx. 10 BB left to push.
If SB calls I would check the turn unless we improve.

m1illion
08-04-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought, and is what makes this hand somewhat difficult to play. If you had raised a bit less, you could make a solid continuation bet without risking too much of your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't have a problem with the PF raise. That SB called it brought out information a smaller bet wouldn't have.

pokerlaw
08-04-2005, 02:10 AM
I like to go 3X BB w/ the raise. you have a big stack and it will have the same effect on your opponents calling ranges on most tables.

I dont bet this flop w/o a read that they are tight and/or are callin stations. not a big fan of the push...

08-04-2005, 02:20 AM
Grunching...

I don't like the push at all. Chances are simply too good that someone has something, whether it be a king, ten, straight draw, or flush draw. These are the hands that will call you, and you're not in good shape against any of them. If someone is made, your outs are in single digits.

I also probably would have raised only 3x preflop, that allows for a smaller continuation bet that lets you fold if someone comes raging over the top. No need to lose your stack here.

barry111
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
What about checking the flop to see what the big stack is gonna do? For example you check the flop the big stack makes a move and the SB comes over the top for an ALLIN. Then this makes it an easy fold, no?