PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker Shootouts

stone_7
08-04-2005, 12:20 AM
I am in this tonight and it is a total rock garden. We have not seen a flop at my table in an entire orbit. This is a $5 tourney whatis going on? Has this been anybody else's experience?

Swedebubba
08-04-2005, 07:18 AM
I played a shootout last night. It played very differntly pretty much an all in fest especially in Round 2 where I met my fate. First and last one I will play. Payout sucks.

08-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Played one at the weekend - each round seemed to be different though maybe that was just the make up of the table. I was short stacked at the end of round 1 so went mad in round two and ended up with good sized stack going into round three. Everyone was incredibly tight in round three and I just stole my way to chip lead at end of round three - the big stacks can really bully as everyone is desperate to get through to the next round. I thought the breaks are waste of time as you tend to be waiting around for the last table to finish for ages

08-04-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played a shootout last night. It played very differntly pretty much an all in fest especially in Round 2 where I met my fate. First and last one I will play. Payout sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, its basically playing 3 sng's and a small multi. The problem is winning the first two rounds barely equals the payout of winning one regular Sng.

And they need to get rid of the 20% rake.

TWINUNO
08-04-2005, 12:22 PM
I played this last night as well, i think it all depends on your table make up on my first round i was one of the last tables to finsh. You have to remember since 5/1 is one of the only buyins you have many different type of limits in here. O like how the stacks started out at 5/10. Is kind of a waste of time at the 5/1 level when you cant really make much but at least once you get past rnd1 you broke even and can continue through there. Through the breaks you can alwys fire another STT up as well.