PDA

View Full Version : Prison Sex

Rushmore
08-03-2005, 11:58 PM
I think I would have to say the video for the TOOL song Prison Sex is the greatest hard rock video of all time.

1.) No posing ponces showing off.
2.) Great, great song.
3.) Unbelievably effective animation and direction.
4.) Incredibly moving subject matter, skillfully executed on every front.

Yes, I think I would have to say that the video for the TOOL song Prison Sex is the greatest hard rock video of all time.

Yep.

08-04-2005, 12:03 AM
23, definitely, 23, definitely , definitely , judge Wapner

Zygote
08-04-2005, 12:05 AM
tool is an all around awesome band

lucas9000
08-04-2005, 12:08 AM
the waiting is the hardest part...

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5424/toolupload6my.jpg

lucas9000
08-04-2005, 12:36 AM
ok here's a link to download the video: tool "prison sex" (http://rapidshare.de/files/3633950/Tool_-_Prison_Sex.zip.html)

Seadood228
08-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Very hard to debate this one. I think you can make an arguement for most of their videos though..

Great great band.

Rushmore
08-04-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit it--I have no idea what you're saying. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

asofel
08-04-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit it--I have no idea what you're saying. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rainman quote?

Rushmore
08-04-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
rainman quote?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, yes. I see that now.

Seeing WHAT, I will now NOT ask WHY.

RunDownHouse
08-04-2005, 11:34 AM
I bought Undertow yesterday. Haven't removed it from either my car or my top iTunes playlist yet. And I acutally bought it instead of stealing the damn thing.

How's Opiate, by the way? Is that a real early EP or what?

asofel
08-04-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok here's a link to download the video: tool "prison sex" (http://rapidshare.de/files/3633950/Tool_-_Prison_Sex.zip.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice...I don't know Tool well, but have liked most of what I've heard. Their videos are always great...and I love the play that they give the bass in their music...drums too...

lucas9000
08-04-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

iirc, opiate is their first release, and it is an ep. it's very good, but i listen to the other stuff more (undertow, aenima, lateralus).

Slow Play Ray
08-04-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bought Undertow yesterday. Haven't removed it from either my car or my top iTunes playlist yet. And I acutally bought it instead of stealing the damn thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opiate is awesome. Much, much more raw, a couple of good live tunes. The actual song "Opiate" itself is one of their best, IMHO.

RunDownHouse
As a side note, my first couple years in high school, I thought people that listened to Tool were weirdos, because they were always wearing black, the artwork was always out there, and the band was named "Tool." I had never listened to the music at all, just thought it was really hard, heavy stuff.

Now that I like stuff like Opeth, I think Tool is pretty melodic and easygoing. And they're easily one of the most talented bands out there right now.

Rushmore
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Undertow will be stuck in your devices for a long while. When I first got it, it was like I had become insane--I must have listened to it and nothing else for like six months solid.

Opiate is their first EP, and is much more conventional rock, less prog (for lack of a better word). That said, it's definitely worth buying.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Schism was a great video too.

jackdaniels
08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about something TOTALLY different?

I don't know if I should be disappointed or relieved....

Rushmore
08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Schism was a great video too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah. I think they're all great.

But to me, Prison Sex seems like the most astute and effective. It's downright scary.

As cheesy as this sounds, they said that after it came out, they got a bunch of calls saying that people were having breakdowns watching it, and "recovering memories" and stuff.

Cheesy, but true.

Paxosmotic
08-04-2005, 11:53 AM
What about Pearl Jam's Jeremy video?

Rushmore
08-04-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about something TOTALLY different?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to name it "MY Prison Sex," but thought that would be too dishonest.

Rushmore
08-04-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about Pearl Jam's Jeremy video?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, now, to me, that's overwrought and sort of schlocky. The poetic little snippets hanging in the woods, and the ultra-dramatic direction and whatnot...

Plus, the band is featured, which sucks. I like Pearl Jam, but back then, Eddie Vedder was a real drama king.