PDA

View Full Version : Am I too aggressive on the bubble?

ebaudry
08-03-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm wondering about my double-bluff.

I had a lot of fold equity (if he'd been paying attention) as I'd played very tightly for the first few levels.

The downside as I see it is that he had enough chips to hurt me if this went wrong. On the upside, it seems an easy fold for his overcards (I'm presuming) since the pot is small and we're close to the money. That's for the flop bet.

What I am really wondering about if my follow-up on the turn. Generally I'm too timid to bluff twice consequtively, but it seemed like with the scarecard, the already possible straight, and the fact that I was in the blinds so could quite possibly have a monster, the follow-up was sound. Also if he had A9, a set, or a slowplayed overpair, he would likely raise me right on the flop since the board is scary-ish, right?

What do you think?

***** Hand History for Game 2474170979 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:14524808 Level:4 Blinds(50/100) - Wednesday, August 03, 23:12:19 EDT 2005
Table Table 12697 (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: NoSoup4UUU ( $2203 )
Seat 7: Whimsfield ( $670 )
Seat 9: HERO ( $2270 )
Seat 8: kidkerwin ( $2547 )
Seat 4: Grapesink ( $310 )
Trny:14524808 Level:4
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ 2c Ks ]
NoSoup4UUU calls [100].
Grapesink folds.
Whimsfield folds.
kidkerwin folds.
HERO checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 6d, 9d ]
HERO bets [360].
NoSoup4UUU calls [360].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9c ]
HERO bets [1000].
NoSoup4UUU folds.
HERO does not show cards.
HERO wins 1970 chips

08-04-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I too aggressive on the bubble?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...you won the hand didn't you???

Then what the [censored] are you wondering about?

Shilly
08-04-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I too aggressive on the bubble?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...you won the hand didn't you???

Then what the [censored] are you wondering about?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad way to think about the hand.

First, why do you feel the need to bluff here? You've got a comfortable chip stack, and have plenty of room to maneuver. Nevertheless, you bet. The pot is t250, and you bet t360. This bet is too large in my opinion, and a t200 bet should accomplish the same thing. Now he calls the flop which tells you that he either has some piece of the board, or a draw. I think his most likely hand here is 77 or 88, although other possibilities exist. The turn card is actually pretty good for you. If you've made it this far, I'd make a 3/4 pot and hope he goes away.

08-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Overbet on the flop i think. You really dont want to get involved in a huge hand with some1 that has relativly the same amount of chips as you, esp when you have massive chips. you can make a continuation bet but somethintg like half the pot that will leave you wtih a decent amount of chips if he goes all in.