PDA

View Full Version : Random wacky all ins PF out of nowhere

Dave D
08-03-2005, 11:08 PM
So I'm playing in the Party 34k. Random guy goes all in for around 800 in the second level (10/20), maybe two or three limpers to him is all the action. Obviously no real reads cuz it's too early in the tourney.

I have TT on the button w/ 2100 (got some cards on a couple hands). Should I call this for a chance to get more chips? I figure he's just trying to gamble to double up early. In general, what is people's experiance with this situation?

I mean I have no idea what he could have, what if he has Aces OMG OMG OMG and he's trying to psych people out? I don't *have* to call, and TT isnt KK. I'm just curious about people's experiance in this situation.

betgo
08-04-2005, 12:02 AM
If there are 2 or 3 limpers, there is some pot, so the move isn't entirely wacko. Could be AK or AQ doesn't want to see a flop and is hoping for a loose call. I would call with TT. It could be JJ, but it seems unlikely anyone would play a big pair this way.

Dave D
08-04-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If there are 2 or 3 limpers, there is some pot, so the move isn't entirely wacko. Could be AK or AQ doesn't want to see a flop and is hoping for a loose call. I would call with TT. It could be JJ, but it seems unlikely anyone would play a big pair this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked it up. He actually open pushed...for 800 w/ 10/20 blinds. Even if there had been one or two limpers to him, I don't think I ever see a push for that much as justified when there hasn't even been a raise. So the question still remains...

stone_7
08-04-2005, 12:29 AM
If it is this early I vote for a call for a few reasons. First you have him nicely covered so if you lose you are still in good shape. I am sure you have finished highly with fewer chips at thsi stage of the tourney. Secondly in the early stages of a tourney the donk factor is very high and you must adjust villain's range accordingly. He may be going all in with 7 7 because he saw some guy do it on TV. Finally I think you need to call because a 2800 stack almost certainly makes you the dominant force for a long time. Chips bring more chips so I think you need to call. Finally and this is the least important but bears mentioning you may catch someone's eye and they may label you a donk and be able to profit from it later.

yabastid
08-04-2005, 03:22 AM
There is a never ending supply of jackasses in the 34K. It's early gamble it up. It could be [censored] like A9/KJsoooooted all the way to deuces. I think you're probably at worst a coin flip or you're up a against a 2+2er with AA who's tired of his 3 BB raise getting called by K9s and loosing to a flush on the river.

yabastid

Dave D
08-04-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a never ending supply of jackasses in the 34K. It's early gamble it up. It could be [censored] like A9/KJsoooooted all the way to deuces. I think you're probably at worst a coin flip or you're up a against a 2+2er with AA who's tired of his 3 BB raise getting called by K9s and loosing to a flush on the river.

yabastid

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case villian had 66, and I called...

Only to lose to a set, good times.

Bump for the day Krew.