PDA

View Full Version : Criss Angel Mindfreak

Tyler Durden
08-03-2005, 10:34 PM
This guy is a magician and he's into shock value. It's on A&E right now. The second episode is just starting.

In the first episode he had four fishhooks inserted into his back and was connected to (hanging from) a helicopter as he flew over the Nevada desert. Really gross/fcuked up.

NorCalJosh
08-03-2005, 10:51 PM
interesting show, but the fishooks definately wasnt the first episode. it was at least the fourth episode, maybe fifth? i saw one wh ere he set himself on fire, one with levitation, with with a hummer driving on him on a bed of nails, and one where he escaped out of a wine barrel suspended a couple stories int he air. some of those may have been in the same episode.

NorCalJosh
08-03-2005, 10:55 PM
just occured to me that you could have meant the second episode tonight. in which case i apologize for incorrectly correcting.

Ulysses
08-04-2005, 12:06 AM
I saw parts of two episodes and thought it was pretty dumb.

kipin
08-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Worst show on TV.

I really, I mean REALLY hate how all he does is hype himself up. Kind of feels like an infomercial to me, paid audience and all.

Tyler Durden
08-04-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just occured to me that you could have meant the second episode tonight. in which case i apologize for incorrectly correcting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are forgiven. I had never heard of the show till tonight.

whiskeytown
08-04-2005, 01:14 AM
even worse then Britney and Kevin:Chaotic?

RB

-Skeme-
08-04-2005, 01:32 AM
I used to watch it back in the day when it was on the first time. He did cooler stuff back then. Now it's just unbelievable, impossible crap. You'll walk into his room or some [censored] and he's just chillin on the cieling or something. The stuff he does is tricky camera angles and weird editing. Then they find reactions of the dumbest people alive.

The magician at the magic shop down here at Pike Place Market was telling me that the tricks he does wouldn't be doable without your own TV show.

krazyace5
08-04-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Could anything be worse than that crap?

Ogre
08-04-2005, 02:42 AM
this show is sweet. i dont really like the 2 episodes that were on tonight though.

Edge34
08-04-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst show on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

So very incorrect. He's a showman. Of course he hypes himself up.

Edge34
08-04-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to watch it back in the day when it was on the first time. He did cooler stuff back then. Now it's just unbelievable, impossible crap. You'll walk into his room or some [censored] and he's just chillin on the cieling or something. The stuff he does is tricky camera angles and weird editing. Then they find reactions of the dumbest people alive.

The magician at the magic shop down here at Pike Place Market was telling me that the tricks he does wouldn't be doable without your own TV show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the levitation episode. Explain how any of those uncut scenes are tricky camera angles and editing.

I think the "magician" at your local magic shop just doesn't like the "new breed" type of stuff.

bdk3clash
08-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Methinks FOX needs to do another one of those masked-magician-showing-how-the-tricks-are-done shows.

I'm not crazy about his schtick ("I have magical powers, and what I'm doing is incredibly dangerous") but I've been impressed with his illusions, mostly in a "how the hell did he do that?" kind of way.

A_C_Slater
08-04-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Could anything be worse than that crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

It is the most self indulgent garbage to ever be put on the TV.

It also helps me understand why terrorists want to kill Americans.

68Mustang
08-04-2005, 03:10 AM
It's a hoax. Go goggle around, theres a site that exposesed the editing. (ie the sceen where hes on fire). I wonder how much money they spend on creating crowds of fake audiences. Kinda like the Jerry Springer effect 2005.

Edge34
08-04-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a hoax. Go goggle around, theres a site that exposesed the editing. (ie the sceen where hes on fire). I wonder how much money they spend on creating crowds of fake audiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm lazy. Link me.

68Mustang
08-04-2005, 03:14 AM
so am I. Sorry.

Edge34
08-04-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so am I. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I looked for Criss Angel: Mindfreak, and none of the first 5 pages had anything "exposing" about it.

If you found it, why not post it and show us all? n00b.

68Mustang
08-04-2005, 03:16 AM
oh the overdone "noob" insult because you lack goggle skills... heres a hint .. it's in a blog.. sounds like you are the noob.. gg

Edge34
08-04-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oh the overdone "noob" insult because you lack goggle skills... heres a hint .. it's in a blog.. sounds like you are the noob.. gg

[/ QUOTE ]

I may lack goggle skills, but at least I know how to spell google.

[censored], man, if you know where it is, why not link it. I think you're full of it. And until you prove otherwise, that's how it shall stay.

68Mustang
08-04-2005, 03:21 AM
A pathetic noob insult over post counts and a grammar attack in the same thread.. get a life guy... Always the last resort in an internet argument. sigh. Whats next you're momma jokes?

Edge34
08-04-2005, 03:23 AM
You know, if you weren't such a pathetic waste of air, you'd realize that the procedure around here is simple.

You make a claim.

Someone asks you to back it up.

At this point, you have two choices, be a dick like you were, or just put in a [censored] link. Its not complicated work.

I mean, seriously, if it was this simple, wouldn't you want to be the one who led all of OOT to the understanding of Criss Angel? You're quickly going on my ignore list...20 posts in, here's hoping you don't keep up at this pace.

68Mustang
08-04-2005, 03:30 AM
And Mr.hypocrite I see the procedure is also to insult someone right off the bat when you don't get your way? Typical "Do as I say not as I do" forum insulter. I don't need to prove anything to you, especially now. gg have the last word, I won't be reading it. *poof*

NorCalJosh
08-04-2005, 04:02 AM

except that he's right, and it makes no sense fo ryou to be acting like you are?

cassette
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And Mr.hypocrite I see the procedure is also to insult someone right off the bat when you don't get your way? Typical "Do as I say not as I do" forum insulter. I don't need to prove anything to you, especially now. gg have the last word, I won't be reading it. *poof*

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, dumbass. Provide a link or remain full of [censored].

MtDon
08-04-2005, 02:08 PM
It's not all camera tricks. Lots is just plain old standard magic. But it isn't very well done, in my opinion.

I did get a good laugh when he did the prediction of the women's card, the Qd. I had just listened to a CD where a mentalist/magician explained the basic prediction and said it was a good opener for a mentalism act.

cassette
08-04-2005, 02:14 PM
What CD?

Mike Peters
08-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Worst theme song ever.

hotsauce615
08-04-2005, 02:19 PM
That show on E that makes fun of reality shows made fun of that show so bad , I couldn't stop laughing. This guy is full of it though, he's like David Blane on crack and at least David Blane was the first to market that stuff, and had a hot wife.

MtDon
08-04-2005, 06:46 PM
I think it was in a set of CD's I bought on ebay. They are self published by the mentatist/magician David Harper aka Millard Grubb, describing his mentalism act(s). You can search using the keyword "mentalism" on ebay, but I don't think they are being offered right now, but they may be in the future.

I think the basic effect is reasonably well known among mentalists, but I hadn't heard of it before. The basic effect I'm talking about is the prediction of the card, not its revelation by the moving and levitation of the card.

MtDon
08-04-2005, 07:04 PM
This may not be the right place to say this. But almost all, possibly all, magic is based on "fooling" the spectators into thinking that one thing is happening rather than what is really happening. Camera tricks are perfectly legal in presenting magic on tv or film. Magicians, like poker players, are allowed to lie! Including the lie, "No camera tricks were used in making this tv program." Some magic presented on tv doesn't use camera tricks, some tv magic does use camera tricks.

-Skeme-
08-04-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch the levitation episode. Explain how any of those uncut scenes are tricky camera angles and editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about when the camera was nearly ON THE GROUND in one of the shots and like 20 ft back. If I remember correctly it was when he stood right behind a plant and went way up in the air. The angle was mysteriously crappy.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the "magician" at your local magic shop just doesn't like the "new breed" type of stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he said when Criss comes to town that he stays with him. Really.

Edge34
08-05-2005, 01:41 AM
I don't mean to argue with you, because at least you're taking a reasonable approach to this thing, unlike 68 stang.

You saw what he did when he had that chick right out in front of Binions. You saw the part in the park. People can say what they want about being on fire...but those parts just can't be explained as camera tricks when you watch the guy let the chick go in mid-air.

Also, the whole picking up cards without touching them, and the card that ended up outside the bus...maybe I just like to suspend my disbelief. Its fun. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Skeme-
08-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Are you referring to the voodoo dolls? Funny how the people he does these tricks on have the combined IQ of my nutsack. And as far as them picking the spot he'd make bleed, I wonder how many takes it took him to get those right.

And getting a garbage can pressed over you, then appearing somewhere else IS impossible. There's a big crowd around, it cuts to the crowd, then back to the garbage can. It only shows ONE angle. Connect the dots.

I just don't really like big tricks like that. I'm a fan of on the spot closeup stuff like sleight of hand in coin tricks. Not too big on tricks that take big preperation.

Edge34
08-05-2005, 02:29 AM
I was actually still talking about the levitation.

One time he went up off the ground and onto a chair. Another time he followed the escalator up in the Aladdin. Then he did the whole bit in the park and then out in front of Binions with the chick from the crowd.

I don't see any real explanation for this bit...it certainly wasn't a camera angle trick.

-Skeme-
08-05-2005, 02:42 AM
How? Just because it looked real? You can't just say, "he levitated! Thus, it can't be a camera trick!"

They show only 1 angle every single time. I imagine if you see the other angle, the trick will be ruined.

Ogre
08-05-2005, 03:01 AM
wheres the link?

Edge34
08-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Well, at least when they had the chick outside Binions, and the one in the park, they went around them. So while only one camera was filming, it was a shot in motion. Just some food for thought.

I accept that when it comes to magic, there will be skeptics as well as believers. Or at least those of us who suspend our disbelief a little longer. I'm the first to admit that a lot of these COULD be sketchy, but if they're faking things like the levitation, they're doing a damn fine job making it hard to disprove.

Ogre
08-05-2005, 03:14 AM
has anybody seen the episode where he does the garbage can, voodoo doll and the ring in the ice cube tricks?

-Skeme-
08-05-2005, 03:21 AM
That's what we're talking about. Edge, are you familiar with the Balducci method?