PDA

View Full Version : A true bad beat.

Inthacup
03-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Played in the PPM II last week and got to witness a truely bad beat.

Preface: Everyone starts w/ T-5000, limits start at 50-100. Hand happens in the 6th hour into tourney, limits are 300-600. There are about 100 players left in tourney, 19-90 gets $1000, 90-108 gets $500.

I'm in seat 10 and have the button. Seat 5(mp) has raises preflop, folded to seat 1(SB). SB 3 bets w/ KK, mp calls w/ A 10

Flop: 10 4 10

SB bets, MP calls

Turn: 5

SB bets, MP raises.
Now at this point there is a lot of commmotion going on around the tables do to spectators and personel so after MP raises, the dealer doesn't realize the SB hasn't called the raise yet and burns and turns a KING. It is then realized that the SB never completed the action and a floorman was called over. He says the K must be placed back in the deck and the deck reshuffled.

The SB has a dejected look on his face and calls the raise.

River: 5

Sb checks, MP bets, SB calls.

SB shows what would have been a full house, MP shows winner. The table lets out a collective sigh, and the dealer spends the next 5 minutes apologizing as everyone relives what just happened. As a result, Seat 1 was crippled down to about 1k in chips. He goes out 92 and basically loses $500 on dealer error.

DaNoob
03-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Just out of curiosity - what is the PPM, how much is the buy-in and how'd u end up?

- I may not smell, but I'm Stinky.

Inthacup
03-13-2003, 08:42 PM
PPM=Party Poker Million II. The buy in is $5000 and the tournament is played on a cruise ship that sails to the carribean over the course of 7 days. You can qualify online for as little as $25 at partypoker.com. I know that sounds like a sales pitch, but I'm just answering your question.

cferejohn
03-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Should be pointed out that its a $25 buy-in to a single table tournament. If you win that, you qualify for the super-satellite. 2nd and 3rd at the single-table get you a free re-play (deviously enough, not your $25 back, so anyone who has a spare replay at the end of the month just donated $25).