PDA

View Full Version : Poker and Business

FourNickel
08-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi,

I have been online no limit poker and winning for about a year and really enjoy it. However, I do not want to play for a living. Ive found out alot of concepts from poker apply to business and vice versa. I am still in college but one day hope to start my own business. What are some businesses that posters here have? Any advise from poker playing business men? If your interested in poker and business like me I highly recommend the Poker MBA, it shows some similarities. Thanks.

Guthrie
08-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Here's some free advice from an old businessman: Learn to spell. Not all of your customers will be illiterate.

FourNickel
08-03-2005, 10:28 PM
o aight jag off

TStoneMBD
08-03-2005, 10:44 PM
i think that i can speak on behalf of sfer when i say that consolidating a hot-dog stand empire on the coast of jersey shore can be a very profitable endeavour.

Klepton
08-04-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
o aight jag off

[/ QUOTE ]

say this to every client as you finish business with them

example:

you: alright, i guess we're gonna wrap this up.
them: ok, you have a great weekend
you: o aight jag off

timprov
08-04-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
o aight jag off

[/ QUOTE ]

say this to every client as you finish business with them

example:

you: alright, i guess we're gonna wrap this up.
them: ok, you have a great weekend
you: o aight jag off

[/ QUOTE ]

Fortunately without context they'll have no clue what he means.

OP: you're destined for middle management. Get used to the idea.

stigmata
08-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Something poker related (i.e. affilate business, poker portal, rakeback provider, etc.) might be an idea.

08-04-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's some free advice from an old businessman: Learn to read. Not all of your opponents will be donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

FourNickel
08-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah that is definately a good idea. I got a few of my buddies to sign under me at school but thats about it. Also had a web site design company in high school so a poker portal wouldnt be a bad idea. Im thinking something international though cuz I like to travel. Middle management though aint for me pally, whatever I do I have to control it.

FourNickel
08-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Please tell me more, I am unfamiliar with sfer.

FourNickel
08-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I think he was making a joke. Us lions love jokes.