PDA

View Full Version : Urgent trade advice needed!

nolanfan34
08-03-2005, 07:15 PM
OK, here's the scenario, give me some opinions.

Tonight is the trade deadline for a 20 team league that I'm a part of. Points based H2H league, deep rosters. Assume basic point values, nothing crazy.

We've revamped our keeper rules for next season. Previously, we kept 11 players, and up to 8 minor leaguers. Next year, we're making a change, to only keep 6 keepers. Besides 6 regular keepers, teams will be able to keep up to 5 "rookies", which are players under 1000 career ABs, 350 IP, or 150 IP for relievers. Finally, up to 10 minor leaguers.

So, here's my conundrum.

I'm out of playoff contention for the season. Therefore, I've been in full on rebuilding mode. My 6 keepers if the season ended today, would likely be Eric Chavez, Vernon Wells, Pat Burrell, Ben Sheets, Cliff Lee, and Francisco Cordero.

I've been offered Carlos Beltran, for Vernon Wells and Chris Capuano. Normally, this would seem like a no-brainer. But Capuano looks like he'll just be under the threshhold to still qualify as a rookie, which has a lot of value for a top-40 SP in this league.

I'm also concerned at this point about Beltran's future in NY, specifically Shea Stadium.

So, weigh in, make the trade, or no?

New001
08-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't make it. I hear a lot of people saying Capuano will be very good, and I think Beltran is very overrated.

Russ McGinley
08-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Wells right now is a better fantasy option than Beltran by himself since Beltran is no longer stealing bases in NY and is not hitting for power. I also like Capuano and if you are able to keep him for free, basically, that is a good thing.

This is a bad trade for you. I'd guess the Beltran owner is trying to dump him and hope he has name value.