PDA

View Full Version : When should I have laid this down?

CrackerZack
03-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Fishy 2-4 table online. A couple of people playing tight but a couple of more calling 2 cold with anything they'd play for 1.

I raise UTG with AKo, folded to MP (calls cold with a wide range of hands) who calls, button calls, BB calls. button is new to me, BB has been a bit loose and very aggressive from what I've seen.

Flop
A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
(I do not have the K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif)
BB checks, I bet, MP calls, button calls, BB check-raises...
(hmmm... he's been very aggressive and a bit loose so far so I put him on a big ace or the nut diamond draw hoping to build a pot) I 3-bet (good/bad?) MP folds, button calls 2 cold, BB caps, both call (getting 18-1 for the call, 19 since i knew button would call too so I think peeling one is the right play). Now I put BB on a set, AK (probably with K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ) or possibly 2 pair AJ, button I put on flush draw.

Turn: Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif [A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

BB bets out. this is where I think my hand and the muck should become acquainted but I'm looking at 10 BBs in the pot and just picked up some straight outs if the button doesn't have the flush so I call. I still think this is a bad move. buttons calls. (ok, so no flush or very small flush and is afraid... lose my read of him here.)

River 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif [A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

BB bets, I call (crying), button calls.

Results:
BB had A /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif for flopped 2 pair
button had K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif for turned straight
and I had 3rd place locked up. Pre-flop I have both dominated and finish last...oh well. I think I cost myself 2 BBs on this hand by not wanting to believe I'm beat. I was bluffed out a pot earlier in the session by a river bet into 2 people by someone with K high (was called by Q high) and think that was still in the back of my mind... alas, I robot I am not.

Thoughts, ideas? Was this an obviously fold on the turn? 3-bet on the flop? good/bad?

Thanks

marbles
03-13-2003, 10:51 AM
The BB's flop checkraise and cap likely means one of two things: A big flopped hand (2 pair or better) or a big flopped draw. The coldcalls from the button mean something similar, although they lean more towards a big draw. You need to keep firing on the chance that they're both on draws.

The turn card is a rotten one for you, though. Now either the BB was ahead of you all along, and still is, or one or both of them just hit his draw. It's only one bet to you, but be honest, you're gonna call the river if you call this one. Muck.