PDA

View Full Version : Will Power

PairTheBoard
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Will Power is a much discussed topic in certain 12 Step Recovery Programs and elsewhere I think. Anyway, here's my thought:

I can will today my Will today, but can I will today my Will tommorrow?

PairTheBoard

bobman0330
08-03-2005, 05:42 PM
I think a more important issue is how often a wood chuck would will his will if a wood chuck could will a will.

chezlaw
08-03-2005, 06:43 PM
There is only now.

David Sklansky
08-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Once again I have a chapter about this precise subject. In fact I considered the subject (Will Power) so important, that I REPEATED it in both sections. (To my knowledge, it could be the only book ever written that has the exact same chapter in two different places.) You guys really do need to get this book. The poker section ain't too bad either.

chezlaw
08-03-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again I have a chapter about this precise subject. In fact I considered the subject (Will Power) so important, that I REPEATED it in both sections. (To my knowledge, it could be the only book ever written that has the exact same chapter in two different places.) You guys really do need to get this book. The poker section ain't too bad either.

[/ QUOTE ]

aw come on, we buy enough of your books. Spill the beans.

chez

PairTheBoard
08-03-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a more important issue is how often a wood chuck would will his will if a wood chuck could will a will.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the old saying goes like this:

How many Wills would a Wouldwill will if a Wouldwill would will Wills?

PairTheBoard

PairTheBoard
08-04-2005, 12:32 AM
DS --
"To my knowledge, it could be the only book ever written that has the exact same chapter in two different places."

No wonder you're able to write so many books.

PairTheBoard

Navers
08-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Which book is it, Gambling Theory and Other topics?

adios
08-04-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys really do need to get this book. The poker section ain't too bad either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker section is well worth the price of the book IMO. The chapter regarding will power is quite good too IMO.

adios
08-04-2005, 01:37 PM

tek
08-04-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
aw come on, we buy enough of your books. Spill the beans. chez

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the book "Will Power and God: Why learning math is important even if your IQ is below 140 and you will never play in the games I play".

The sequel will be entitled "Mid-Life Crisis Management: Why I will always be right when I discuss topics for which there is no proof".

PairTheBoard
08-04-2005, 06:08 PM
PTB --
"I can will today my Will today, but can I will today my Will tommorrow?"

chezlaw --
"There is only now. "

First there is now
Then there is no now
Then there is

PairTheBoard

PokerAmateur4
08-05-2005, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Will Power is a much discussed topic in certain 12 Step Recovery Programs and elsewhere I think. Anyway, here's my thought:

I can will today my Will today, but can I will today my Will tommorrow?

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]Ahhhhhhh.

I hear people claiming quantum physics somehow refutes the logic of what seems to be a deterministic universe.

The way I see it, think of any action you can "will yourself to take". Now trace back why you took said action. Did you do it because I asked you to? Because your parents birthed you? Etc.

I think, barring some unknown variable or scientific fact which I cannot comprehend or am not informed of, free will is an illusion. This is because everything is caused by something else, thus you can not do anything truly "free" of everything else.

chezlaw
08-05-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PTB --
"I can will today my Will today, but can I will today my Will tommorrow?"

chezlaw --
"There is only now. "

First there is now
Then there is no now
Then there is

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

there is only now therefore there is no then.

chez

veganmav
08-08-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again I have a chapter about this precise subject. In fact I considered the subject (Will Power) so important, that I REPEATED it in both sections.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you repeated it in both sections wouldn't it appear four times? I don't think you repeated it in both sections. (Correct me if I'm wrong it has been a month or two since I've read thebook).