PDA

View Full Version : Shortstack VS sHORTstack: Semi-bluff 4-handed [Making Moves]

Oluwafemi
08-03-2005, 04:24 PM
blinds 100/200, down to 4 players on the bubble, villian [who has played an ok game] has lost ground. i started the bubble as the shortest stack but has been pushing all-in every three to four hands picking up the blinds and staying alive [villian started with over 2.2K- me, barely over 1K]. when villian does come into a hand, instead of pushing all-in, he mini-raises to 400. he's lost more than he's won, not necessarily because he had a bad hand, just not the best one.

ex#1 villian mini-raises to 400, bigger stack reraises to 600, villian calls, bigger stack bets the pot on the flop, villain folds.
ex#2 villian mini-raises to 400, everybody folds.

villian loses 600 on first hand, wins 300 in blinds on second hand for net loss of 300...chipstack goes down overall with too many hands like this.

bigstack folds
bigstack folds
villian [1070 after 100BB]??? mini-raises to 400
Hero [1165 after 200 BB] Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif calls 200

flop comes: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif pot 800

villian checks.
i bet all-in 965.

comments.