PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Beginner SnG Multi-Tabling

PiNPOiNT3K
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I have been dominating the 11's and 20's on Party, and want to start raising my ROI by multi tabling, but i find that its much more difficult to pay attention to 2 tables let alone 4 as some people play. What are some of the best tips that you guys have for playing multiple SnG's at once?

Thanks for your time.

schwza
08-03-2005, 05:10 PM
others seem to like sets, but i prefer starting new ones as they come. i hate having 2 <4-handed at the same time (and i'm only 2-tabling, so i'd go nuts playing sets of 4+)

pokerlaw
08-03-2005, 05:18 PM
I like to start up 4 at once. Usually I'll load up another game if I bust out on level 1 or 2.

I think it is very important to be able to see all of the action (so no overlap). I had briefly tried multi-tabling w/ overlap and I felt I was losing out on reads. I also try to take notes early as to players betting patterns, so that later I can refer back to them. good luck.

cleinen
08-03-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
want to start raising my ROI by multi tabling

[/ QUOTE ]
Your ROI will actually decrease but your hourly rate will increase. I think having a monitor with no overlap is a huge help.

08-03-2005, 05:19 PM
I usually start them one or two at a time and wait until a later stage in the tournament(s) to start the next two. But if it affects your game, then get used to 2 first, until you can very easily play two at once.

08-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Have you considered firing up one table of real money and one of play money for practice? I am planning to try this for awhile before firing up two real money tables. This way, if need be, you can focus primarily on the table that counts all while getting used to multiple tables on the screen and how to play them.

MisterW

11t
08-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Multi tabling lowers ROI, increases variance (due to lowering your ROI) but it boosts the stat that matters most, $/hr.

Anyways, push when needed in +EV situations.

AliasMrJones
08-03-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
find that its much more difficult to pay attention to 2 tables let alone 4 as some people play.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 suggestions:

1. Buy a big flat screen so you can see 4 tables at once with no overlap. Makes a biiiiig difference. The one everyone here seems to have and recommend is the Dell 2001FP. They run frequent internet coupons and you can get one for under $500 when they do. I finally got one a few months ago and it is as good as they say.

2. When you multi-table you just CAN'T pay as much attention to each individual table as you could when you were single-tabling. You just have to give up some of the observational advantage you had. That is one reason that many people use pokertracker and a HUD of some kind to put player stats right on top of the players at the table. You don't get as much of a read yourself, but the software helps you. This isn't as useful for STT's because of the drastic changes in strategy during the different phases of an STT. One thing that does help is you are typically playing so tight early in an STT that you don't have much going on at once and can just bounce around from table to table. Having multiple tables down to in the money is tough. But, bottom line, you just have to give up a little itm%/roi% per table to get double or quadruple what that lower per-table roi% is.