PDA

View Full Version : Why do you stay married?

Indiana
08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Interested in hearing from guys who have been married 3+ yrs. Why do you stay married? From what I hear (read jake's bar reports) there's a lot of tail running around out there and most of it isn't looking to restrict your poker time.

Indy

08-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Too lazy to deal with paperwork and lawyers. Besides, you can always cheat. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

married 8 wonderful years <sarcasm>

Indiana
08-03-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too lazy to deal with paperwork and lawyers.

[/ QUOTE ]
BIIIIIINNNNNGOOOOOO

codewarrior
08-03-2005, 03:43 PM
#1 good sex /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
#2 she makes more money than I. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
#3 reason for #2 - she's a lawyer /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
#4 ...for the IRS.... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

MoreWineII
08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm at two years but I'll answer. My wife is cool as hell. She's great around the house and she's a super mom. I'm still attracted to her and our sex life isn't bad.

Do I wish I could chase after some of the skirt I see on a daily basis? Sure. But I've already done all that stuff. I'm older now and I have to kids, I think there just came a point in time where I realized the whole singles scene wasn't for me anymore.

So I knocked up my g/f and married her. The whole marriage/kids thing has really helped me understand and accept myself and I think I'm pretty happy with how it all worked out.

My wife is pretty laid back. She lets me do a lot of things that a lot of wives wouldn't - i.e. smoke weed, game, play poker, do stuff with friends (with no guilt trips involved) I know it sounds corny, but she's my best friend. And I get to [censored] her on top of that so that's pretty sweet too.

My one real gripe is that I'm pretty open to a lot of sexual things that I don't know if she'll ever try or not. She came from a really conservative family but I'm working on her.

To summarize my rambling, I just think there comes a point in time where most people want some stability that Miss Random Bimbo can't give you.

Indiana
08-03-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#1 good sex

[/ QUOTE ]
I said guys who have been married 3+ yrs

[ QUOTE ]
#2 she makes more money than I.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you multi-tabling?

[ QUOTE ]
#3 reason for #2 - she's a lawyer

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah chit dude, ur owned.

[ QUOTE ]
#4 ...for the IRS....

[/ QUOTE ]

They're too disorganized, they wouldn't even know if u filed or not.

Indy

Indiana
08-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Damn dude, does your wife have a sister or something? I mean, she let's ur ass smoke weed? wtf?

Indy

codewarrior
08-03-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
#1 good sex

[/ QUOTE ]
I said guys who have been married 3+ yrs

[/ QUOTE ]

Married in 1997, I think...

Indiana
08-03-2005, 03:52 PM
and you're talking about sex WITH YOUR WIFE?

Indy

jakethebake
08-03-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

He said good...not frequent.

codewarrior
08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
LOL, mortals... I'll let the tax chick chime in on this one.

Indiana
08-03-2005, 04:11 PM
what about u jake? much harder to stay married down there than here in the cornfield. dude, last time in was in SOBE I had 4 different girlfriends in the same day. Woulda had more but they all broke me going shopping in that place...uh....what's it called, over there where the chesecake factory is...cant remember.

Indy

Indiana
08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
oh yah, coconut grove.

Indy

08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/1124/gladruss3anim5uz.gif

To my son - I tell him I will see him again soon. To keep his heels down while riding his horse. To my wife... that is not your business.

PocketJokers72
08-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Married 12+ years...

Cheaper to keep'er...

I like my kids.

I want to see them more than every other weekend.

Lawyers are ------EV.

Wives are -PV with positive variance that is just barely enough not to make your head asplode.

There are better things than sex in this world...I just haven't found them yet. PM me if you know where to look.

Indiana
08-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Things better than sex? Final Tables.

Indy

jakethebake
08-03-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what about u jake?

[/ QUOTE ]

This Father's Day my wife and kids made me a card. It said:

[ QUOTE ]
You are without a doubt the very best daddy ever! You are a wonderful husband, a great best friend, an awesome playmate, an excellent jungle gym, a perfect role model. We love you so much. We are soo lucky to have you in our lives. You deserve the best father's day ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good enough?

CCass
08-03-2005, 10:22 PM
15 years and counting.

1 - My wife is my best friend. I can't imagine not talking to her every day.

2 - I know about all of her imperfections, I don't want to invest the time and effort into learning someone elses.

3 - She is the mother of my children, and for that she deserves a great deal of respect.

4 - I am old fashioned, and 15 years ago I stood up in front of a bunch of people and said "till death do us part". I meant it then, and still do.

newfant
08-03-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does marriage make a man gay?

nolanfan34
08-03-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
15 years and counting.

2 - I know about all of her imperfections, I don't want to invest the time and effort into learning someone elses.

3 - She is the mother of my children, and for that she deserves a great deal of respect.

4 - I am old fashioned, and 15 years ago I stood up in front of a bunch of people and said "till death do us part". I meant it then, and still do.

[/ QUOTE ]

CCass is a stand up guy.

For me it boils down to one main thing - I feel fortunate to have found someone who seemingly is prepared to put up with living with me for the rest of her life. That's no small task. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, when you find a good woman, it's a great thing. I mean, she's the one who graduated this year and said "yes, let's go to Vegas for a vacation". Then read Getting Started in Hold Em before we went, and spent much of the trip playing $2/$4. AND survived meeting a bunch of crazy 2+2ers. How does it get better than that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oski
08-03-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For me it boils down to one main thing - I feel fortunate to have found someone who seemingly is prepared to put up with living with me for the rest of her life. That's no small task. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, when you find a good woman, it's a great thing. I mean, she's the one who graduated this year and said "yes, let's go to Vegas for a vacation". Then read Getting Started in Hold Em before we went, and spent much of the trip playing $2/$4. AND survived meeting a bunch of crazy 2+2ers. How does it get better than that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been married 9 years. I couldn't be happier. I have a family and I don't think the benefits of being single can possible approach those of marriage.

My wife is very cool and doesn't hassel me at all. I told her 15 years ago, when we met, that there is two things she has to accept about me if she wants to get involved: 1. I will play poker often and that includes coming home at 5 in the morning once in a while; 2. I will watch football with my buddies all weekend when its in season.

She agreed to it, and we've had no problems.

On a side note, internet poker has really helped me avoid staying out too late, and that makes her happy.

Anyhow, it should go without saying ... if you have to ask, its probably not for you (yet).

M2d
08-04-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
15 years and counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

istewart
08-04-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though, when you find a woman as hot as nolanfan's wife, it's a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Felix_Nietsche
08-04-2005, 12:36 AM
........afford a divorce.

ChipWrecked
08-04-2005, 02:40 AM
My wife told me to.

mike l.
08-04-2005, 02:54 AM
"Why do you stay married?"

the overrated blow jobs

plaster8
08-04-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
15 years and counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. (Minus the kids part -- don't have them yet.)

Four-year anniversary is today.

diebitter
08-04-2005, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
15 years and counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I coulda written this. Every word applies to me (even the 15 years!).

Having said that, any of you guys thinking about it, I'd paraphrase the great Al Bundy on the subject and say 'run now, run hard, and keep running'...

zoomOut
08-04-2005, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Having said that, any of you guys thinking about it, I'd paraphrase the great Al Bundy on the subject and say 'run now, run hard, and keep running'...

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me smile! I'm a female but I can relate to this statement. It made me think of the old Kevin Costner quote "marriage is a hard gig." My girlfriend told me that marriage is an evil force which brings out the worst in people. I think that might be a tad negative. I like to think it can also bring out the best.

Reasons I like marriage:

1) Even after 10 years it's still great to wake up each morning with my husbands hands caressing me. Now that's incredible if you think about it. (We have never taken our intimate life for granted as it seems others have.)

2) My heart still beats fast when I hear him walk in the door every evening. I like it when he cooks with me. I just love him so much.

codewarrior
08-04-2005, 08:25 AM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/QuantumDot/Ultrasound01a08-02-05.jpg

2planka
08-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Many, many reasons. The Warden and I have been married for 4 years. It's a cliche, but she is my best friend. I think that sums it up best.

ChipWrecked
08-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Congratulations!

Homer: It's a boy! And what a boy!

Nurse: Sir, that's the umbilical cord.

codewarrior
08-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Remember the episode of Mad About You, when Paul & his brother look at the sonogram? "Look at the size of that - you can tell he's a Buckmann!" I think it turned out to be a girl. Good times.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Dam dude, you just made me shed a tear at work...Never thought about it that way. I dont have kids of course.

Indy

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:24 PM
she sounds cool.

Indy

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Looks like a lot of people are happy with marriage here. I guess growing up among arguing and fighting parents has given me a warped sense of what marriage really is. Funny how well rounded the people on this forum are (outside of musical tastes). Most people that I work with are highly educated but very unhappy with their marital situations. Most of them have been divorced at least once.

Indy

fsuplayer
08-04-2005, 12:31 PM
you come off as someone who's never been in a relationship with a great girl before.

Indiana
08-04-2005, 12:32 PM
the first 2 weeks were great...

Indy

ThisHo
08-04-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does marriage make a man gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I pity the woman you marry.

All reasons for staying married have been previously stated, but I'll reiterate:
1 - wife is best friend
2 - There is NO better feeling in the world than walking in the door and getting a smile from my daughter followed by a smile/hug/kiss from my wife
3 - I made a promise and I intend to keep it

~ThisHo
3 -

Skjonne
08-04-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/QuantumDot/Ultrasound01a08-02-05.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that two reasons? Didn't the doctor tell you?

Congrats man

beernutz
08-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Married 17 years and counting.

I am still with my wife since I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I am a better person because of being with her.

webmonarch
08-05-2005, 03:25 AM
This is a good thread.

eastbay
08-05-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interested in hearing from guys who have been married 3+ yrs. Why do you stay married? From what I hear (read jake's bar reports) there's a lot of tail running around out there and most of it isn't looking to restrict your poker time.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be over 22 physically or 15 emotionally.

eastbay

CamelZoo
08-05-2005, 05:03 AM
23, getting married labor day weekend. this thread was nice to read :-)

TaxGoddess
08-05-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He said good...not frequent.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - tax chick chiming in here. The sex is both frequent & excellent. Define frequent you say. Averages out to once a day, but we take a day or two off per week and more than make up for it on the weekends /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Can't say I would trade code for anything. Although after February, he may want to trade me in, we will see.

TaxGoddess
08-05-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Married in 1997, I think...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes dear, you got it right, March 1997. Of course we have been together since 1993, so go figure...

LSUfan1
08-05-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Married 12+ years...

Cheaper to keep'er...

I like my kids.

I want to see them more than every other weekend.

Lawyers are ------EV.

Wives are -PV with positive variance that is just barely enough not to make your head asplode.

There are better things than sex in this world...I just haven't found them yet. PM me if you know where to look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been married for 13 years (since I was 19) and I would have to say my response would almost be the same as this guys word for word.

Sex is non-existant, she nags constantly about poker, but I love my kids, and believe it or not I love her.

Maybe its just fear of the unknown! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

zoomOut
08-05-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sex is non-existant, she nags constantly about poker, but I love my kids, and believe it or not I love her.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, hearing this kind of stuff makes me sad. Have you told her that you need more sex in your marriage? Husbands and wives both deserve to get their needs met. I can't imagine living in a sexless marriage.

SPhilly
08-05-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be impossible to explain to anyone who would ask this question. Not meant to be snide btw.

WDC
08-05-2005, 09:42 AM
I love my wife.
I love my kids.
I couldn't afford separate househol;ds and child support. (I am a divorce attorney so I know of which I speak.)
My life is not perfect but it is comfortable. My wife is not perfect but I love her. I am far from perfect and she loves me.
I am not remotely interested in dating again, can't imagine another women willing to put up with me.

daveymck
08-05-2005, 09:50 AM
This tjread is not statistically showing a true picture if half of marriges end in divorce it would seem only the happy people are responding.

SPhilly
08-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Actually the 50% divorce rate is incorrect. Census numbers show the rate to be much lower. Was in a NY Times article (of all places) awhile back. That number is thrown around by everyone though.

diebitter
08-05-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you told her that you need more sex in your marriage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you don't bother talking about stuff like that to wives, for so many reasons. Here's some:

(a) it won't change, so you'll just be whining. After about 8 years of whining, I gave up and shut up - much happier for it.
(b) it's ammo to use to get out of the little sex you do get ("I'm not happy being pressurized in this way")
(c) It's general ammo ("you're only interested/think/talk about 1 thing", "how can we be intimate if you're always playing poker")

There's more, I'm sure, I just don't wanna talk about it any more. It's depressing.

LSUfan1
08-05-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, hearing this kind of stuff makes me sad. Have you told her that you need more sex in your marriage? Husbands and wives both deserve to get their needs met. I can't imagine living in a sexless marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not sexless, I get it once a quarter....whether I need it or not!

Seriously though. I love my wife and my kids, and although there are times when I think about being single again I really don't see that many positives. I would lose my best friend, lose my kids, and probably lose my mind. I do miss the sex, but not as much as I would miss my family!

LSUfan1
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you told her that you need more sex in your marriage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you don't bother talking about stuff like that to wives, for so many reasons. Here's some:

(a) it won't change, so you'll just be whining. After about 8 years of whining, I gave up and shut up - much happier for it.
(b) it's ammo to use to get out of the little sex you do get ("I'm not happy being pressurized in this way")
(c) It's general ammo ("you're only interested/think/talk about 1 thing", "how can we be intimate if you're always playing poker")

There's more, I'm sure, I just don't wanna talk about it any more. It's depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you when I was 19 and needed this type of advice. We go in cycles I guess....one year on, 5 years off.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We were actually having sex regularly before my son was born, and he is now 3. Maybe it will come back after he hits 5 or 6 the way it did after his sisters were around that age.

I guess one thing that people just don't have anymore (not all people mind you) is that stubborn streak the old timers have. There was about a 5 year stretch where I can't see how we stayed together, but after that we became really good friends again. I honestly think our best times are ahead once the kids don't need constant attention.

Indiana
08-05-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm suprised that no one mentions the effect of trying to get sexually stimulated by the same woman over and over and over for years and years...I'm the kind of guy who craves variety in life and I was always amazed at how my Dad still wanted my Mom after 30 yrs of marriage???

Indy

diebitter
08-05-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm suprised that no one mentions the effect of trying to get sexually stimulated by the same woman over and over and over for years and years...I'm the kind of guy who craves variety in life and I was always amazed at how my Dad still wanted my Mom after 30 yrs of marriage???

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess its like crackers. You only have crackers every 3 months, they're gonna taste like darn fine crackers. Have em 3 times a week, you'll see them as the same ole crackers.

daveymck
08-05-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually the 50% divorce rate is incorrect. Census numbers show the rate to be much lower. Was in a NY Times article (of all places) awhile back. That number is thrown around by everyone though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checked for the UK and it seems to be around 20% in some areas interestingly the average age of divore is 40 which is outside of the demographic that generally posts here.

andyfox
08-05-2005, 12:42 PM
There's more to life than tail and poker. Don't you know that?

zoomOut
08-05-2005, 01:06 PM
You sound like such a sweet guy! I think your best times are ahead and things will get easier as the kids grow older. As cool as you sound your wife is lucky to have you!

One thing I've been trying to do more with my husband is ask him if there's anything I could be doing to make him happier. He usually says "like what?" But I try really hard to put myself in his shoes. I try to kiss him all over and I try to give him a really long leash with his buddies. Have you tried that with the wife? (My husband doesn't have a poker addiction, he is addicted to motorcycles and old cars. He has way too many and just continues to buy them as if we were rich or something.)

I'm sure my husband gets bored with me like all husbands. I have no doubt. That's part of life, it's inevitable. Still for us sex is an extremely important part of marriage. It is the fun part and is essential to my sanity. I'm just not sure I could accept a life without it.

I would urge you to talk more candidly with your wife about your feelings. You sound really nice.

codewarrior
08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
OTOH, married sex can be like a fine wine - it gets better with age. If you think you're some kind of sex god, then try turning the same woman on over a period of years. The happily married guys and gals know what I'm talking about. There is always something new, and it doesn't have to be extreme or weird. Often it is something very simple, and/or subtle that sets off fireworks.

Dex
08-05-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This tjread is not statistically showing a true picture if half of marriges end in divorce it would seem only the happy people are responding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll respond then. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was married for seven years - up until the time my ex-wife decided to show her true (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Number=2604756) colors (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Number=2696256).

Up until that time, many of the things that others have already said in this thread were true of our marriage as well:

[ QUOTE ]

1 - wife is best friend
2 - There is NO better feeling in the world than walking in the door and getting a smile from my daughter followed by a smile/hug/kiss from my wife
3 - I made a promise and I intend to keep it

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This Father's Day my wife and kids made me a card.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

good sex

[/ QUOTE ]

I kept my promise and my end of the bargain. I was a good husband throughout our entire marriage and was (and still am) a good father. I trusted her. Aren't spouses supposed to be able to trust each other?

Conveniently enough, it was just after the time that we found out that I was going to be let go from my previous job that all this came to light. Apparently, she didn't really love me; she only loved the paycheck that I provided. This became clear when:

1. She decided to admit what she had done and to announce that she wanted to get a divorce at the same time that the income stream that I provided her was threatened.
2. She immediately moved in with her new boyfriend (at the time, a friend of a friend) so she could begin using HIS income to pay her bills. (From what I understand, she approached him, not the other way around.)

How whore-like.

I look back on our seven years together not with fondness, but with disgust.

I have no desire whatsoever to ever get married again.

zoomOut
08-05-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I kept my promise and my end of the bargain. I was a good husband throughout our entire marriage....
I look back on our seven years together not with fondness, but with disgust.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that sucks. I believe you.

The majority of husbands that I know are really decent guys that love their families very much. I don't blame you for being disgusted.

daveymck
08-05-2005, 06:12 PM
A lot of people stay in the marrige longer than they should for many different reasons but security is a big one.

I am with someone elses wife (and have been for 8 years) and having been through the whole seperation and divorce and all the things behind it as she worked through her issues but security and kids were a lot of her basis for staying so long and I dont think that attitude is that uncommon.

But I am surprised at the rosy picture painted in the thread it doesnt to me reflect the reality of long term relationships in that they are [censored] hard, they require a lot of hard work the highs and the lows the arguments, the anger at times, the issues that you constantly dont see eye to eye on etc etc. Yes I love her yes I will be with her I am sure for the rest of my life and we have a lot of good happy times but I think the cosby show presentation in the rest of the thread perhaps isnt 100% of the picture.

All the best friend etc stuff rings true to me especially with my life on the road she is the anchor along with my daughter that keeps me going, but we hve problems and issues and habits that drive each other up the wall its commitement and love that ensures that these dont destroy the relationship.

I am still surprised how nice this thread has been.

ThisHo
08-05-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am with someone elses wife (and have been for 8 years)

[/ QUOTE ]
If you were with her prior to her leaving then this sucks. If you were in any way responsible for her leaving then it really sucks. Think about how you'd feel if someone stole her from you?

[ QUOTE ]
But I am surprised at the rosy picture painted in the thread it doesnt to me reflect the reality of long term relationships in that they are [censored] hard, they require a lot of hard work the highs and the lows the arguments, the anger at times, the issues that you constantly dont see eye to eye on etc etc. Yes I love her yes I will be with her I am sure for the rest of my life and we have a lot of good happy times but I think the cosby show presentation in the rest of the thread perhaps isnt 100% of the picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

All true. Marriage is HARD work sometimes. My wife and I argue about stuff, don't always see eye to eye, have very different viewpoints on lots of stuff. It is hard damn work!
The OP asked why people stay married. I don't stay married because its hard work, I put in the hard work to stay married because the rewards previously listed make the effort worthwhile.

ThisHo

scalf
08-05-2005, 08:07 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif my second ; and current; wife is absolutely a fantastic person; and the mother of our children..

you oughtta try it..

gl

/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MrX
08-06-2005, 12:29 AM
why do I stay married...for the same reasons I married her over 7 years ago.

newfant
08-06-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OTOH, married sex can be like a fine wine - it gets better with age. If you think you're some kind of sex god, then try turning the same woman on over a period of years. The happily married guys and gals know what I'm talking about. There is always something new, and it doesn't have to be extreme or weird. Often it is something very simple, and/or subtle that sets off fireworks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's almost impossible to tell from your posts that your wife reads and posts here. Whippish! Whippish!

daveymck
08-06-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am with someone elses wife (and have been for 8 years)

[/ QUOTE ]
If you were with her prior to her leaving then this sucks. If you were in any way responsible for her leaving then it really sucks. Think about how you'd feel if someone stole her from you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was and it was a catalyst for her finally leaving although they were meant to split after christmas anyway it more gave her the confidance to push him to move out like he had agreed. There was no stealing going on

Whilst I agree the timing wasnt ideal but I have no regrets taking her from mentally abusive relationship from a husband who would come home stinking drunk when he was meant to be watching the kids and where he was already sleeping around as he was in a sexless marrige.

Most people hated him and in fact one of her mothers friends offered to shoot him when they did split up such was the love people had for him and what he had done to her over the years and has even continued over the years since being a huge thorn in our sides but he has remarried now.

I realise it looks bad to some but when we met to when we started really going out took some time before anything really happened and it was after a lot of talking etc etc

codewarrior
08-06-2005, 07:04 AM
I didn't imply that she was that good. I implied that I am.

I shouldn't imply - it is the truth.

doughnut puncher /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

beernutz
08-11-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J.F.C. are you stalking me or what?

codewarrior
08-12-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... Whaaaaaa??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

beernutz
08-12-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... Whaaaaaa??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that wasn't very clear was it. I just meant your posts sound a lot like my life. Carry on.

MagicMan08
08-12-2005, 08:44 PM
I wanna spend some time with my girlfreind after this thread...she puts up with some amazing crap that I pull and still wants to please me at the end of the night...man I think I have found a good girl

08-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Public opinion mostly.

But one of the benefits is she loves anal.
http://www.thepoliticalteen.net/archives/miss.JPG

Also, she not only lets me enjoy my number one assistant, but she can hold the camcorder pretty steady.
http://www.asstastic.org/images/condi/condi10.jpg

J_V
08-12-2005, 09:23 PM
If there is a heaven, I nominate AndyFox be the first to go - and maybe the rest of us will be lucky enough to get in.

astroglide
08-13-2005, 12:25 AM
or maybe he was adapting a quote from the end of fargo

dcasper70
08-13-2005, 10:47 AM
I can sum up my wife's coolness with this...

Walking down the beach on the first day of our Aruba honeymoon 6 years ago, I notice a topless sunbather about 40 feet ahead. I turn to my wife and say

"Honey, that woman has no top on!"

Her response,

"Would you like to borrow my sunglasses?"

cadillac1234
08-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I waited until I was in my 30's to get married which was probably the most intelligent things I have ever done in my life... If I would have married one of my ealier long-time relationships it would have been miserable.

After 6 years of marriage I have to say this is the happiest I've ever been in my life but it's because I waited until I found the right woman (ie one that would tolerate my BS).

As far as the wanting to nail other hotties goes I just think about how godam annoying most of them would be after 48 hours post-coitus.

webmonarch
08-13-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I waited until I was in my 30's to get married which was probably the most intelligent things I have ever done in my life... If I would have married one of my ealier long-time relationships it would have been miserable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 26, haven't had a really serious girlfriend in 6 years, and I love it. I do what I want when I want, learn a lot from the ways things have gone with my friends, and I know that I am prepared if and when the right girl shows up.

I agree with you wholeheartdly. Marriage before 30, in many cases, is a real bad idea.

KaneKungFu123
08-13-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's more to life than tail and poker. Don't you know that?

[/ QUOTE ]

there is also food, alcohol, music, roller coaster, the ocean, art and some other things that arent important at all, like religion and family.

KaneKungFu123
08-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Indiana
08-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Kane,

I;ve read ur posts for some time now...What can I say, ur always right. How's the pussy in Thailand?

Indy

HopeydaFish
08-14-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How goes the genital wart burn-off? It's been at least 24 hours since the last update!

cnfuzzd
08-14-2005, 06:36 AM
because marriage is much, much easier than divorce....

or

marriage is the ultimate testament to your best friend.

you decide...

peace

john nickle

Dex
08-14-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How goes the genital wart burn-off? It's been at least 24 hours since the last update!

[/ QUOTE ]

See here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Number=3142692).