PDA

View Full Version : How much would it be worth...

RunningSixes
08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Assume the following game has a 1/2 blind structure.

Lets say you have the ability to post your big blind and
then you can sit out the next hand (so you dont have to post
the small blind). Then on the following hand you get to play
in the CO for free.

How much would this trick be worth?

08-03-2005, 03:11 PM
I think this is identical (money-wise) to posting on the CO and playing until your BB, then leaving to go to another table, repeating this ad nauseum. There was a thread recently that proved that this is actually cheaper than paying your BB and SB to get the extra three hands. The problem with the method you described is a) it is not possible to do in most cardrooms; and b) the hand you pay for, you are playing from out of position, as opposed to posting in the CO, where you are getting your paid hand while in position.

pzhon
08-03-2005, 04:03 PM
This is not something to solve with a priori arguments. PokerTracker can break down results by position. The question is whether you win more from the button than you lose from the small blind.

In 9-10 handed NL,

I've won 0.16 PTBB/hand from the button.
I've lost 0.11 PTBB/hand from the SB.

So, it doesn't look like a good deal for me if those numbers are accurate. However, my sample size was only about 3500 hands in each position.

In 9-10 handed limit,

I've won 0.22 BB/hand from the button.
I've lost 0.22 BB/hand from the SB.

That looks like it is about even. However, I have far fewer hands in each position for limit, about 500, so these numbers are even less trustworthy.