PDA

View Full Version : 2 Rule Q's: Folding to a Check & Seeing Losing Hand On River

Knockwurst
03-13-2003, 12:17 AM
Two Rule Questions:

1) May Player B fold to Player A's check on the river with Player C still left to act behind Player B? Do the other players have any recourse if the same player is doing this on a continuous basis, even if there is no reason to believe there is any collusion going on? Is the rule different for tournaments?

2)After it has been checked around on the river may a player who was dealt in the hand demand to see the other hands still in at the river after a player has turned over what is the nuts or what appears to be the winning hand?

JTG51
03-13-2003, 03:35 AM
1) I'm not sure. I think this is a grey area. I'm interested to see other responses.

2) Yes. Anyone at the table can ask to see a hand that is 'shown down' at the river, even if the player doesn't actually show it. However, as has been discussed here many times this is generally a bad idea. Unless you suspect collusion (which the tone of your post suggests you might) it's probably best to not ask.