PDA

View Full Version : My new.50/1 strategy, Luck? Or for real?

08-03-2005, 02:53 PM
I've been playing .50/1 PP for about a year now. I think it is pretty obvious that most players aren't reading the other players at their table. Or if they are, they may not properly adjust to their play. The strategy I have been using for awhile now is simple, but so far, incredibly profitable.
I'll play about 3 tables at a time for the 100 maximum buy in. Then i'll just wait for good cards (dependent on position) and wait for great flops for the cards I have. I'll bluff at the small pots, but I'll never make bluffs when the pots get too big. I'll make most my money by waiting for the nuts or nearly the nuts and clean someone out. Now at any higher stakes table, I'm sure people would see this and adjust their play. But these people just don't see this.
I see other people playing a LAG style, and it definitely works for them at times, but they can go from 400 to 100 in no time at all. The way I see it, is a tight and agressive style works beautifully when people aren't smart enought to see what u're doing. You guys agree? Or maybe I've just been lucky so far.

-Skeme-
08-03-2005, 02:57 PM
This is the style to use to beat these games. It's called ABC. Simple, straightforward play. It's also called nutpeddling.

xorbie
08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
It's silly to argue which is better, TAG or LAG. The key is really just to be agressive, because often times your opposition is very passive. You can even have a fairly exploitable style of play, because like you said most people don't really pay attention enough to exploit it. Just stay consistent (i.e. if you are LAG don't limp AA pf after multiple limpers, don't slowplay sets etc). Playing LAG is certainly higher variance, but it's definitely not -EV IMO.

FourNickel
08-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I also play a conservative style and see nothing wrong with it. As Harington says there many different styles. Yeah I could play super aggressive (LAG), but I playing solid values gets the money and has less tough desicions then playing a lot more hands with marginal situations. I can play more tables,play longer,and have easier desicions when I start with good cards.

GoCubsGo
08-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Yep. That's how I play and that's how most people on here play. Helps to diminish variance and makes for a pretty smooth increase in your bankroll. There's really no need to get tricky or play marginally profitable hands when you can wait for a better time to win a big pot against people that don't really know what they're doing.