PDA

View Full Version : okay stocks to buy

Ray Zee
03-12-2003, 11:42 PM
with the war likely to happen. what are the stocks that havent been run up that should stand to profit well from the expected results. remember that it may take awhile to reap those rewards and stocks take time to reflect benefits.

constrution companies-- oil services--food exporters--heavy equipment companies(catepillar)--bottled water companies?--cell phone or sat. phone---medical supply--. go from there.

Wildbill
03-13-2003, 01:16 AM
A better question is what would happen if there was no war or if the war was a sorry excuse of a war. I think war is priced in to the point where picking sectors on it is foolish. Believe me if you think of it now, someone with a lot more money and options to work with has already been there.

I am one that still believes, and always has, that the buildup is all been about posturing so far and could continue to be about posturing. People are just focusing on what GW and the rest of the world want you to focus on, I prefer to take a step back and look at what really has happened without the war-colored glasses. Lets see, last year no inspectors, no talk of war, no Arab states calling for exile, most military bases were in question. Now its all changed. The French and Germans have never been along for the ride and never will be, but they sure are more considerate to American wishes then they were before. So a lot was accomplished, but not everything. In the last part of the endgame what do you do? Well you make yourself seem bigger than the enemy thinks and you try to beat him with the image of pure might. While the US undoubtedly could get its goals filled the old-fashioned way that you and most of the world are thinking, take another look at how they could be achieved by big-stick diplomacy, exactly what GW has done. In this world you would see the war premiums on many things can get overdone and the trade spats and other consequences of war may indeed not happen. Just saying another view should be thought of outside of the consensus view because that view has already been priced into all considerations.