PDA

View Full Version : This hand amuses me.... value bet river?

kurto
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
This hand made me laugh (because I'll give it away now, I won it)... and I missed my chance to see what anyone else had.

I'm at a passive table (as you'll see) There's 3 or 4 limpers or so before me so (I'm 2nd from the button), I'm pretty sure it won't be raised, so I limp with 6-7suited. Button and blinds all call.

FLOP - 6-7-Q. (no flush draw)

An early player makes a weak bet (1/2 pot) bet, 2 callers, I overbet (a little more then the pot). Button calls, and original better calls and one other.

TURN - Q-6-7-Q

Okay. I figure I'm done with this. EP players check to me. One of them has to have a queen and there's still the button to play, perhaps they're worried about kickers... so I check. The button checks. ???

RIVER 10 Q 6 7 Q

Checks to me. I'm still thinking someone's gotta be sitting on something AND a flopped OESD just got there. I check. Button checks. I win and everyone mucks.

What the hell did these people have and is there any argument that I should have been betting anywhere?

I was multitabling so I didn't check the hand history... but it stuck in my craw because I couldn't put any of them on a hand that called my overbet.

djoyce003
08-03-2005, 03:11 PM
laugh they must have all had 45.

GoCubsGo
08-03-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And make sure you laugh a lot, to make up for it when one of these donks hits a 3 and takes half your stack.

MrTop
08-03-2005, 03:56 PM
These 2 had to have been on draws, so bet on the river will accomplish nothing. They both fold unless you are beat and it only winds up costing you money.

gulebjorn
08-03-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand made me laugh (because I'll give it away now, I won it)... and I missed my chance to see what anyone else had.

I'm at a passive table (as you'll see) There's 3 or 4 limpers or so before me so (I'm 2nd from the button), I'm pretty sure it won't be raised, so I limp with 6-7suited. Button and blinds all call.

FLOP - 6-7-Q. (no flush draw)

An early player makes a weak bet (1/2 pot) bet, 2 callers, I overbet (a little more then the pot). Button calls, and original better calls and one other.

TURN - Q-6-7-Q

Okay. I figure I'm done with this. EP players check to me. One of them has to have a queen and there's still the button to play, perhaps they're worried about kickers... so I check. The button checks. ???

RIVER 10 Q 6 7 Q

Checks to me. I'm still thinking someone's gotta be sitting on something AND a flopped OESD just got there. I check. Button checks. I win and everyone mucks.

What the hell did these people have and is there any argument that I should have been betting anywhere?

I was multitabling so I didn't check the hand history... but it stuck in my craw because I couldn't put any of them on a hand that called my overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

At a passive table, I'm betting this river pretty strong. No reason to believe anyone's got a Q at this point. All you have to do is fold those T's out.

I'm assuming you mean a weak table here. If anyone in this pot is weak enough to check a Q through, or loose enough to call with a T, your line is just fine.

08-03-2005, 04:36 PM
when I first read your post I got the impression it was a live game until I got to the end. I was going to suggest that someone had a ten or A-7 and mucked because they didn't realize it was good. I've seen that in a live game. But I guess in your hand, they're just complete asses. By the way, yesterday I posted a hand that I saw online in which a donk called an all in on the river with Q high. And I'm not making that up, so crazier things have happened. In the latest issue of CardPlayer Bob Ciaffone discusses how you should not put someone on an exact hand and get married to the idea. I think these kinds of hands show just what that means. People often have a much broader range of hands than we would expect/reasonably assume.

kurto
08-03-2005, 05:02 PM
I try to never put any one on a hand. But the more players in a pot, the easier it is to assume at least ONE player has top pair.

I just figured... with 3 people calling my overbet, you'd think one of them had top pair.

Once the Queen paired... anyone with a 7 ties or beats me and any pair above seven has now counterfeited my 2 pair.

Maybe it was pocket 2s vs pocket 3s vs 45?

08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Oh, I wasn't criticizing your play at all. That wasn't my intention. In fact, I would have played it exactly the same, including your plan to fold to a bet. I was just making a general comment.

amoeba
08-03-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And make sure you laugh a lot, to make up for it when one of these donks hits a 3 and takes half your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? what is this supposed to mean? hero is folding to any turn or river aggression. why would he lose half his stack?